Pet Hates

StandFree1982

48 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

New band from rotherham the Reytons (the reet ones) the new artic monkeys. Latest single getting played on 6music a lot just now. Have to turn it off as soon as i hear it. 

“On a bender, weekend offender” etc

be a few on here that will love it.

Abject fucking garbage

Getting old SR. My pet hate is the songs on Radio 1 that are so censored it's pointless playing them. They had one of those horrific "drill" songs on yesterday and every 3rd word is cut out. If my laddie gets into that shit there will be trouble.

50 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

New band from rotherham the Reytons (the reet ones) the new artic monkeys. Latest single getting played on 6music a lot just now. Have to turn it off as soon as i hear it. 

Abject fucking garbage

With you on this one. 

The word 'indie' has lost all meaning. It simply means, any artist releasing music independent of a major label. Now, it appears to mean Charlatans, Libertines, Arctic Monkeys and Oasis rip offs. 

It doesn't come from a place of honesty and earnest at all, rather image first, music second. 

Heaps of current bands like that. Horseshit

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Getting old SR. My pet hate is the songs on Radio 1 that are so censored it's pointless playing them. They had one of those horrific "drill" songs on yesterday and every 3rd word is cut out. If my laddie gets into that shit there will be trouble.

At least with 'drill' it's a fairly new type of music, born of the now, and from London culture. It's not meant to be liked by everyone, but at least it's folk living their truth and culture. 

I'd rather hear something original that isn't for me, than something that's just an exact formula of umpteen noughties indie bands. 

Pure shite 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

At least with 'drill' it's a fairly new type of music, born of the now, and from London culture. It's not meant to be liked by everyone, but at least it's folk living their truth and culture. 

I'd rather hear something original that isn't for me, than something that's just an exact formula of umpteen noughties indie bands. 

Pure shite 

No arguing with you man. Never even heard of Reyton.

Not my scene duuuude.

6 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Radio 1, chart music all seems to sound the same to me.

It largely Is. All the same artists on multiple songs/producing the songs, 

Thing with music now is that the radio is the tip of the iceberg. There's heaps of great stuff because of the Internet, but also in equal measure some amount of dirt. 

I canna stand the parka wearing 3 stripers who just churn out Libertine sounding pish, in the same way I canna stand most chart music. 

To each his own, though. I'm just providing opinion

12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No arguing with you man. Never even heard of Reyton.

Not my scene duuuude.

Smoke a bit of spliff and get on the drill. You'll be catching bodies in Stobie in nae time. 

36 minutes ago, Roberto said:

They certainly aren't new. Been on the go a few years now.

Get what you're saying however.

The new Arctic Monkeys they certainly aren't and never will be.

What did you make of the last Arctic Monkeys album, Roberto? 

For me, it was their best. Purely because they took a huge chance. 

It's not been well received by many fans, I understand. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

What did you make of the last Arctic Monkeys album, Roberto? 

For me, it was their best. Purely because they took a huge chance. 

It's not been well received by many fans, I understand. 

Come on min it was fucking garbage ?

Type of music you’d expect to be playing in a lift 

Just now, NEM said:

Come on min it was fucking garbage ?

Type of music you’d expect to be playing in a lift 

I disagree. I quite like my jazz, and a bit of lounge music. They couldn't churn out another RnR album, the songwriting for me, is ace. The concept of a resident band in space is quite cool as well, the videos were ace ana. 

Takes a bit of steens to make like 5 different types of rock albums and then have your next one be a loungey, spacey concept album. All respect to those artists who take chances. 

Fuck the punters, they don't know what they want! 

Just now, Roberto said:

I didn't like it at all if truth be told.

I've liked every album up until the last. They took a risk, but every band you love has that one shite album, for me, that is the shite album. I haven't listened to it more than once front to back, and I probably never will again.

See, I'm not a bonafide Arcitc Monkeys lover, I have listened to all their albums but I don't listen to them all the time like I do with other artists. I would say "Suck it and See" is their worst. 

All opinions though, folk waited years for the album and it was a total difference from the usual. I get why many don't like it.  

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Abject fucking garbage

Oh that song is honking. 6music is starting to suck. Been on a gradual decline for a couple of years, which is now picking up pace. Taking the same  approach as radio 1, capital etc in that they play core songs across each show is a big mistake 

33 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Pure shite 

Have a plus one Consi. 100% agree.

38 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You need to get off radio 1, moobs. You're way too old for that nonsense of a station

12 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Oh that song is honking. 6music is starting to suck. Been on a gradual decline for a couple of years, which is now picking up pace. Taking the same  approach as radio 1, capital etc in that they play core songs across each show is a big mistake 

Used to like Radio X but they’ve developed some weird fascination with the Foo Foghters who I think are pish. They must play that Waiting on a War song a minimum 6 times a day 

Moyles and Vaughan are a pair of boring pricks as well 

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I liked Suck it and See. Personally think that's a very underrated album by many AM fans.

It's not the 'different' aspect that makes me dislike it, it's just the general shit lyrics and sound to it. I think he has done too much acid with his missus and he hasn't been able to handle it like the hard-core RnR artists of this world.

His life has probably changed heaps. 

He's written about his adolescence. 
He's written about love, girls, drugs etc 

He's written about all the cliches, I say fair play to him for trying something 'out there.' 

Interested to see what he can do next. 

20 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You need to get off radio 1, moobs. You're way too old for that nonsense of a station

I know but my new van has got a shite radio. Need to upgrade but I'm not sure how you go about fitting a car radio. The one that's in it is built in, I'd need to remove a huge bit plastic. I'll see what Halfords are saying.

Any advice anyone?

Guest milne_afc
16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I know but my new van has got a shite radio. Need to upgrade but I'm not sure how you go about fitting a car radio. The one that's in it is built in, I'd need to remove a huge bit plastic. I'll see what Halfords are saying.

Any advice anyone?

The plastic fascia around the radio will pop off and reveal screws. PoP.

You’ll get a digital wireless from Halfords for around £100. You’ll need a suitable connection for your motor(Bipper?) too. Some street urchin from your bit could probably do the lot for a bullseye.

19 minutes ago, NEM said:

Used to like Radio X but they’ve developed some weird fascination with the Foo Foghters who I think are pish. They must play that Waiting on a War song a minimum 6 times a day 

Moyles and Vaughan are a pair of boring pricks as well 

I used to listen to it a fair bit when it was xfm and was on a local FM station. It had some Scottish presenters - jim gellatly being one. He used to play some excellent stuff in the afternoon. The guy in the morning not so much. I remember him playing 3 arctic monkeys songs in one show...

when it went to radio x, I gradually got bored of it, as it was the some stuff every day. Toby tarrant is woeful as well. 

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Any advice anyone?

Ghetto blaster and a shit load of batteries in the glove box. Old school. 

17 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Any advice anyone?

Nightmare! A few years ago I bought some wee adaptor thing that picked up dab radio. You tuned it to an fm frequency, which you then set your fm radio to. Had to stick a wee plastic antenna to the window (was clear), and run a wee cable to the tuner. Wasn't expensive.

there will be something more modern available now, no doubt. But it can be done without having to rip out radios etc

Edit - something like this 

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-stereos/pure-highway-400-car-digital-radio-adapter-and-mobile-music-controller-660903.html

edit 2 - pretty sure it was this 

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/dab-car-stereos/sonichi-s100-digital-radio-adapter-342136.html

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That wouldn't be digital though would if your FM receiver is converting it surely? I think these things are a bit of a 'workaround' , if you will. 

I don't know! It let me listen to DAB when I realised all the decent radio stations were on dab, without having to fit a new radio etc