Future Of The Club

I can absolutely say 100 percent, we will no way go back to what we were before as early as next season. You think we will fucking finish 9th!?

We won't. But finishing 6th now is as bad as 9th was back then. As I said, it's a huge summer and we need to really kick on and show that we mean business.

Actions>Words.

Lol

So you are judging mcinnes and his ability to move us forward based strongly on a rumour about curtis main?

How often have we signed any of these rumoured players?

No absolutely not.  You've misinterpreted me.   

In the main, I'm basing my judgement on McInnes' ability to move us forward based on progress during the past 18 months or so... and in particular our dealings in the transfer windows.  I used the Curtis Main example to highlight my concerns.

My point certainly wasn't that because we're targeting Curtis Main, we're automatically going to be shite next season.  I think you and I both know that wasn't the intent.    

As I also said, lets wait to see what the summer brings.  With his stock falling, it's probably the biggest of his career. 

They've sold 760,000 tickets so far for the World Cup.

Atletico Madrid-Barcelona had a crowd of 60,000 in June.

Bilbao-Madrid had 48,000 in January.

Juventus-Fiorentina had 39,000 at it a few weeks ago.

Two weeks ago the women's FA Cup final had 43,000.

And the SFA are estimating, based on ticket sales so far, that they could have a crowd of 20,000 for the friendly with Jamaica at Hampden.

But aye, "no-one cares".

Fake news!

Open a new stadium and get whe wifies to play in it first etc = wow look at the crowd at that womens game it must be great.  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Dave Cormack saying yesterday that 8 or 9 players will leave the club in the summer.  If we have another summer transfer window like last years, then where do you think we'll finish?

I wouldn't discount anything at this point, until we see who comes through the door....

We're being heavily linked right now with Curtis Main.  Have you see him play?  It's conceivable we could begin next season with Main & May upfront.

Lets just wait and see what the summer brings.

Come on now. You were calling the likes of myself bedwetters when the January window had closed and left us obviously short in a number of places. You can't be predicting doom and gloom before the next has even opened.

I'll bite.

The money being put into women's football - sponsorship, prize money, TV money etc is going to rise and rise, especially at FIFA and UEFA level.

Chances are, Aberdeen's women's team have more chance of reaching the latter stages of the champions league than the men's team do.

If Aberdeen invest a six-figure sum and earn a seven-figure sum from the team being successful, I'd say that's money well spent. It could actually be a lucrative little side earner for the club.

It's not as if Aberdeen are alone in this. Pretty much every big club in the world is taking women's football seriously.

:hysterical:

Fucking behave.  I know you work for the ultra PC BBC but who the fuck is paying to watch womens football?  The standard is absolutely shite

• Upvote 2

They've sold 760,000 tickets so far for the World Cup.

Atletico Madrid-Barcelona had a crowd of 60,000 in June.

Bilbao-Madrid had 48,000 in January.

Juventus-Fiorentina had 39,000 at it a few weeks ago.

Two weeks ago the women's FA Cup final had 43,000.

And the SFA are estimating, based on ticket sales so far, that they could have a crowd of 20,000 for the friendly with Jamaica at Hampden.

But aye, "no-one cares".

What are they charging for tickets?  50 pence?

Where I have I 'predicted doom & gloom?' 

I've stated that if we have another awful summer, we'll be in big trouble.  I don't think many would argue with that.  However I also added a couple of other points:  'I wouldn't discount anything at this point, until we see who comes through the door....' & 'Lets just wait and see what the summer brings.'

I'm certainly not making any predictions at this stage!  Way too early for that!

You have to acknowledge that raising the potential for "if we have another awful summer, we'll be in big trouble" could be interpreted as rather doom and gloom?

I've stated that if we have another awful summer, we'll be in big trouble.  I don't think many would argue with that.  However I also added a couple of other points:  'I wouldn't discount anything at this point, until we see who comes through the door....' & 'Lets just wait and see what the summer brings.'

I'm certainly not making any predictions at this stage!  Way too early for that!

You know and I know what the ellipsis was there for and it certainly wasn't a positive.

You've said it's conceivable that we could begin the next season with May and Main. Based on what?

Come on now. You were calling the likes of myself bedwetters when the January window had closed and left us obviously short in a number of places. You can't be predicting doom and gloom before the next has even opened.

You know and I know what the ellipsis was there for and it certainly wasn't a positive.

You've said it's conceivable that we could begin the next season with May and Main. Based on what?

Based on May being here for another 2 years and press reports linking us with main i'd imagine  :laughing:

• Upvote 1

You have to acknowledge that raising the potential for "if we have another awful summer, we'll be in big trouble" could be interpreted as rather doom and gloom?

Would anyone dispute that though?  If we do have another summer similar to last year, we will be struggling.

Intend was to play devils advocate.

As I also, mentioned, which everyone is conveniently overlooking, I'm open minded at the moment - we'll see what the summer brings.

If we do bring in players of Curtis Main's quality, next season will be tough.  If we get a few more like Lewis Ferguson, we'll be in much better shape...

How's that? 

Would anyone dispute that though?  If we do have another summer similar to last year, we will be struggling.

Intend was to play devils advocate.

As I also, mentioned, which everyone is conveniently overlooking, I'm open minded at the moment - we'll see what the summer brings.

If we do bring in players of Curtis Main's quality, next season will be tough.  If we get a few more like Lewis Ferguson, we'll be in much better shape...

How's that? 

A bit better.

Can you think of any sport that has risen and risen in popularity to the point where the worldwide TV audience is closing in on one billion, that has then become "completely irrelevant" after hosting its biggest event yet?

If you look at where Women's football was as little as a decade ago to where it is now there's no denying its rise has been remarkable and its continuing to gain momentum no matter how much we deride the standard. Its still in its infancy but a lot of big clubs are starting to recognise the potential and investing in the women's game because there's a change in perception and its becoming a marketable product. I've watched quite a few women's games and they can be pretty entertaining. The last world cup was decent and I expect this one to be an improvement as more countries grow their women's game. Scottish sides have cottoned on to the fact and we now have a team to cheer for in a major finals for once!

If you look at where Women's football was as little as a decade ago to where it is now there's no denying its rise has been remarkable and its continuing to gain momentum no matter how much we deride the standard. Its still in its infancy but a lot of big clubs are starting to recognise the potential and investing in the women's game because there's a change in perception and its becoming a marketable product. I've watched quite a few women's games and they can be pretty entertaining. The last world cup was decent and I expect this one to be an improvement as more countries grow their women's game. Scottish sides have cottoned on to the fact and we now have a team to cheer for in a major finals for once!

Plus increasingly girls want to play football. If  one of us has a daughter why should she not have the chance to play for Aberdeen potentially?

No it really isn't - the top of the women's game is highland league standard at best. Nobody is paying to watch that

It is irrelevant, because even women's football biggest critic can't deny the sport is on the rise. There are more and more girls playing the game, there is more money getting pumped into it, more media coverage, and yes, more people paying to watch it.

The actual standard of the football hasn't actually curtailed any of that. So you can compare it with the highland league or under 15s if you like, it's not stopping women's football continuing to get bigger.

So we're basing it on press reports. May has been a squad player since the January window also.

Aberdeen and Hearts have both made offers to Main. The press haven't made that up.

Weirdly, I can see him picking Aberdeen not because he thinks we're better, but because he's got more chance of playing since at Hearts he'll be up against Ikpeazu and Naismith.

Hopefully he picks them though. He's just another Connor Sammon.

Aberdeen and Hearts have both made offers to Main. The press haven't made that up.

Weirdly, I can see him picking Aberdeen not because he thinks we're better, but because he's got more chance of playing since at Hearts he'll be up against Ikpeazu and Naismith.

Hopefully he picks them though. He's just another Connor Sammon.

Perhaps. But that doesn't mean we are going to be lining up with him and May next season, does it?

Dave Cormack saying yesterday that 8 or 9 players will leave the club in the summer. If we have another summer transfer window like last years, then where do you think we'll finish?

I wouldn't discount anything at this point, until we see who comes through the door....

We're being heavily linked right now with Curtis Main. Have you see him play? It's conceivable we could begin next season with Main & May upfront.

Lets just wait and see what the summer brings.

Given the standard of our squad, I don't see it being a bad thing that many are leaving

Got the impression watching that video that this is being driven more by Cormack than Milne. Is it all part of Milne stepping down once Kingsford is complete and Cormack taking over?

Yes. I think Milne is probably the driving force behind the stadium as he sees that as his legacy, and Cormack is looking beyond that as he'll likely be in charge once Milne steps away.

Looks good because he’s an athlete that landed on football.

See Burke etc. Shite footballers but fast and strong.

Scottish football, lol.

The championship in England is full of players who aren't technically great but good athletes. I'd imagine heaps of leagues are.