#32 OFFLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Some might say we have signed the English version of Tony Watt ;-) ......................Could be a great signing IF we can get him mentally right.

Extremely talented and very good finisher when he broke through. However we will need to get his head right and make him realise he needs to screw the nut and refocus on his football.

He has been unlucky with injuries but probably the biggest problem he has had is he did so well in his first few games that he got given a massive contract so soon and at such a young age it went to his head. The suggestion is he thought he had made it, lost focus and downed tools and stopped working as hard as he had done before both on and off the pitch from what Warren Joyce said about him here -  https://www.telegrap...t-keeps-having/                                  ....................hopefully we have got him out the Jacuzzi and ready to play football again. :-)

Fingers crossed the penny has now dropped and he realises that he needs to screw the nut or he will disappear as someone that didn't make the most of his talent.

There are a couple of interesting articles from his former coach Clayton Blackmore who spoke about how good a finisher he was and how 2 footed he was when about him when he broke through https://strettynews....n-james-wilson/

and more recently he said he was the "best youngster he has ever worked with at Man Utd" but also says he can be a bit sulky  https://www.manchest...wilson-14349884

One thing that I would take note of is the suggestion he is not really suited to one up front so this would signify that we are going to play a front 2 more often than we have in the past and from what has been said I think we will need a clever link player in behind him to feed clever through balls to him and that's not normally the way we try to play. so its going to be interesting to see if wee try to change our style of play or if we are going to try to change him.

Fingers crossed we can get a quality number 10 in too for him to thrive off and hopefully we will get him back to his best!

Welcome to the dons James. Looking forward to seeing you play and hopefully banging in some goals for us.

Edited by SupportmeansSUPPORT, 13 August 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#33 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

£30,000 a week, usually trains at Man Uniteds state of the art training ground, coached by some of the best in the world....he will get a wake up call when he's dribbling round dog shite at training with us.

#34 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

Potentially good signing I think. Fingers crossed anyway, he's going to need to score goals as nobody else will be.

#35 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,399 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:04 AM

£30,000 a week, usually trains at Man Uniteds state of the art training ground, coached by some of the best in the world....he will get a wake up call when he's dribbling round dog shite at training with us.

that's a pretty damning description of Considine.

#36 OFFLINE   Zeus

Zeus

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,218 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:06 AM

that's a pretty damning description of Cosgrove.

#37 ONLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,605 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:11 AM

that's a pretty damning description of Considine.

:laughing:

#38 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

Good luck. Reading between the lines, is he on loan from ManU?

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#39 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,597 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

Good luck. Reading between the lines, is he on loan from ManU?

What makes you think that?

Edited by Dynamo, 13 August 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,860 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

Getting slaughtered on Twitter. Sounds shite

Yay.

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#41 OFFLINE   S2RDS

S2RDS

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:20 AM

Cant be any worse than May or Cosgrove, so will give the lad a chance! It could have been worse, we could have just not signed another striker and relied on those two. Hopefully it doesnt put Bruce down the pecking order!!

#42 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,399 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

Getting slaughtered on Twitter. Sounds shite

Twitter is full of arseholes and inbreds and people who think they are ITK. Every single post Aberdeen put up on Twitter had numerous window lickers writing "This isn't a striker." or something along those lines.

Anyways, the point being that it's hardly a reputably place to base an opinion on someone. 

#43 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,722 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Do goals Jimmy

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#44 ONLINE   Poodler

Poodler

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,467 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Can't believe we've got another dodgy ACL😂😂😂

#45 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

What makes you think that?

The reference to Bobby Charlton.

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#46 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:24 AM

The reaction on here to some cunt who people have hardly seen play is fucking weird. Almost willing him to be shite.

#47 OFFLINE   Jeffrey de Visscher

Jeffrey de Visscher

S-Form

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 27-July 17

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:31 AM

Ah yes the familiar dons fan reaction to anything "hes instantly shite".

Get behind him until hes at least proven whether hes shite or not.

Super Jimmy Wilson number 9  

#48 OFFLINE   eeps

eeps

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Joined 21-December 13

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:33 AM

The reaction on here to some cunt who people have hardly seen play is fucking weird. Almost willing him to be shite.

It's most online fans comfort zone, a win win.

#49 OFFLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • 23,860 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

Think people are just hacked off we're getting dregs from teams. Especially for a such a crucial role that we're severely lacking. Throw in the DNA money for 'first team operations to help us compete' and you can absolutely understand the frustration and negativity.

That said, let's hope he proves the doubters wrong and bangs in 40 goals.

'parkrun isn't about convenience, it's a way of life.' - dave_min

#50 OFFLINE   muttonhumper

muttonhumper

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,443 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

Some might say we have signed the English version of Tony Watt ;-) ......................Could be a great signing IF we can get him mentally right.

One thing that I would take note of is the suggestion he is not really suited to one up front so this would signify that we are going to play a front 2 more often than we have in the past 

It appears he has a history of attitude and mentality problems.

Up to McInnes to sort that shit out.

As for signifying that we'd play 2 up front more?

Doesn't signify anything tho' does it... see Stevie May.

It's up to him to prove otherwise.

As things stand, he's done fuck all for us.

There's his starting point.

Given the gluepots we've signed in the past, I's say most have the right to show restraint and refrain from showering their laptops with cock porridge.

Good luck to him though.

Awa n' tak a gnash o' mi bulb

#51 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

FTH

• Members
  • 11,816 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

I've no opinion on the lad as there's not much to go on. If he's good for 12 months while we fucking scour the continent to find a permanent successor to Roodawg then its all good.

#52 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,552 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:44 AM

Think people are just hacked off we're getting dregs from teams. Especially for a such a crucial role that we're severely lacking. Throw in the DNA money for 'first team operations to help us compete' and you can absolutely understand the frustration and negativity.

Getting dregs from a team like Man Utd is hardly insulting to us though. The loons got good pedigree and has shown he can perform at a level higher than ours. That said, its not a given he will succeed. He needs the right attitude which hopefully mcinnes can get out of him. Im certainly a lot more excited over a signing from man utds Reserves (who has scored 4 top team goals for them) than the signing of someone from Carlisle reserves who has 1 senior goal in his entire career.
COYR

#53 OFFLINE   DelMonte

DelMonte

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts
  • Joined 07-August 15

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:45 AM

I'm nae really sure what people expect? This is the market we are in. A lot of people screaming for Moult but it's not happening so McInnes has to go out and find someone else.

There's worse clubs in the world to take the dregs from but that's nae the point I understand.

I just don't see the point in getting annoyed about a signing until we see how he does. The transfer window brings out the worst in cunts on here.

#54 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,552 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:47 AM

I'm nae really sure what people expect? This is the market we are in. A lot of people screaming for Moult but it's not happening so McInnes has to go out and find someone else.

There's worse clubs in the world to take the dregs from but that's nae the point I understand.

I just don't see the point in getting annoyed about a signing until we see how he does. The transfer window brings out the worst in cunts on here.

Folk would no doubt be going daft if we signed the dregs from Preston (Moult) but are critical of the dregs from Man Utd. Strange.
COYR

#55 OFFLINE   RedForever

RedForever

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 07-August 18

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:52 AM

I would think Man Utd were putting him out to a tough league with someone that will guarantee him game time in the last year of his contract to see if they want to offer him a new deal or not. The lad will be out to prove himself as well so hopefully it will work out for the benefit of all concerned which is exactly the purpose of a loan deal.

#56 ONLINE   1903Fitba

1903Fitba

Suck a dick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts
  • Joined 23-June 14

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:54 AM

Folk would no doubt be going daft if we signed the dregs from Preston (Moult) but are critical of the dregs from Man Utd. Strange.

Im not being critical. Maybe unrealistic.

Just sounds like a headcase, pal of mine saying hes sure he doesnt even like football, just happy to pick up a wage.

#57 OFFLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,399 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:55 AM

Loan deals from Premiership sides is the ONLY way we're going to get a player of Hector / Maddison / Ward quality. So it's not a bad thing. 

#58 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,552 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

Just sounds like a headcase, pal of mine saying hes sure he doesnt even like football, just happy to pick up a wage.

Your pal know him well does he?
COYR

#59 OFFLINE   Clydeside_Sheep

Clydeside_Sheep

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,596 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11

Come on, I know some of our defenders are still settling in / building confidence, but to call them "dog shite" is beyond the pale!

"When you're the only sane person, you look like the only insane person." 

- Criss Jami, "Diotima, Battery, Electric Personality"

#60 OFFLINE   Betty Swallicks

Betty Swallicks

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Joined 03-June 09

Why would anybody care if your pal likes football or not?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users