Will Christie Sign?

He wont make the grade at Celtic I dont think, they will continue to strengthen with the CL qualifiers just around the corner. He will have to decide if he wants to sit on the bench or in the stand or go out and play games instead.

I think there is a good chance he will back with us whether thats for 6 months or a full season fuck knows.

He wont make the grade at Celtic I dont think, they will continue to strengthen with the CL qualifiers just around the corner. He will have to decide if he wants to sit on the bench or in the stand or go out and play games instead.

I think there is a good chance he will back with us whether thats for 6 months or a full season fuck knows.

6 months should be alright. Get us through the group stages and then see if he wants to sign when we're drawn in the quarters

I think people forget how much a transfer fee is actually worth, shelling out 400k would be the same as putting a player on a 4k a week 2 year contract, which is almost unaffordable

Obviously we can't afford it, unless it's a leveraged investment. However I don't reckon Milne would have the balls. If we can get him to sign for 4 years, we'll easily make a seven figure return on our money.

"For me personally I want to finish the season on a high."

"What will happen in the future I do not know. I have just been thinking short term, just concentrating on the games coming up.

"We will get Sunday out of the way, then have a holiday and then see how pre-season goes with Celtic. I am still positive that I can break into the team.

I assume this is the finish on a high quote so hope springs eternal

Its akin to ward or hector, except more of a possibilty itll happen...overall probably not. All the signs are good - he obviously enjoys it (his face when he scored against the walking dead scum, was hardly lackadaisical), we treat him like hes ours and all that good stuff...but the combo of things that need to happen; my breath isnt held. If it does though - it signifies an ambition by the dons not seen since charlie nicholas signing from arsenal.

Ooh Nicholas and Gilhaus........think I just came, what a beautiful pairing

Its akin to ward or hector, except more of a possibilty itll happen...overall probably not. All the signs are good - he obviously enjoys it (his face when he scored against the walking dead scum, was hardly lackadaisical), we treat him like hes ours and all that good stuff...but the combo of things that need to happen; my breath isnt held. If it does though - it signifies an ambition by the dons not seen since charlie nicholas signing from arsenal.

Eh? Do you not remember Tommy Wright?

Signing Christie on a permanent deal would be a major signal of intent (though I just can't see it). Rodgers knows the boy has talent and how well he has done on loan here...he will probably feel he can do the same thing with Ryan that he has done with the likes of Armstrong, McGregor and Forrest and take him to the next level. The only thing that would give us a squeak of a chance is if Rodgers signs a couple of expensive players in that position with the CL in mind which leaves Christie out in the cold.

I honestly think the best we can hope for is a 12 month loan deal. He is out of our price range on a permanent deal (unless we sold someone like McLean).

Signing Christie on a permanent deal would be a major signal of intent (though I just can't see it). Rodgers knows the boy has talent and how well he has done on loan here...he will probably feel he can do the same thing with Ryan that he has done with the likes of Armstrong, McGregor and Forrest and take him to the next level. The only thing that would give us a squeak of a chance is if Rodgers signs a couple of expensive players in that position with the CL in mind which leaves Christie out in the cold.

I honestly think the best we can hope for is a 12 month loan deal. He is out of our price range on a permanent deal (unless we sold someone like McLean).

Agree with all of this. A season long loan is the best I think we can hope for.