Amateur/junior Football

We've (Halliburton) got Luthermuir at home, still got 3 games left of my ban which i received end of last season against Luthermuir, so least I won't have to get my legs broken from them, and I have a night out this Friday so I can snooze on the sidelines.

We have a horrible league for travelling to games wise...

Think their's quite a few out the Stonehaven way... Put in bold which I think/know play out that way... then Rothie back the other way, Banchory not mileso ut but still a trek also... nae fine travelling wise from Westhill for our away games.

Amatuer Division One (East) (14 clubs)

AC Mill Inn

Banchory

Halliburton

Johnshaven Athletic

Lads Club Amateurs

Luthermuir

MS United

Newmachar United

Newtonhill

Old Aberdonians

Portlethen United

Rothie Rovers

RGU

Stonehaven Athletic

See if I could be assed going into town and getting new goalie gloves, aswell as drive to fitba matches and get fit, I would probably have played.

Not played 11's in goals for hmmm 5 years now, although used to play for Dyce in goals, but didn't enjoy it and used to love going run about - it kept me amused (Chilavert style). Prefer 5's playing in goals.

I've text a couple of keepers I know, but I reckon they'll already have teams.

You hit the sticks min, easy position - but boring.

Still time min! You get a cool nike zippy top and bag if you sign for us and you get an Indian buffet after every home game courtesy of The Haughton. Nah I am a striker but will be on the wing this season I reckon cos Ally will be playing up-front. Good excuse to get properly fit though. Also I am only 5'9"! Cheers for sending out a few texts.

Seems a good thread for another appeal for players for the London Dons teams, anyone know any good Dons supporting players that have moved down to the big Smoke recently? The 1sts have a lot of players of good standard from amateur to Highland league. The 2nd's have put together a pretty good squad too and have joined the 1sts in Div 1 next season for the first time ever.

The 1sts also play in the London FA Cup where we take on just about anyone from anwyhere in London (which believe me leads to some helluva bizarre day's out, ha ha). We are particularly looking for a quality keeper for the 1sts with ex Brechin goalie Ronnie Smollet having the audacity to emigrate to Singapore a couple of years back after 9 years atween the sticks for us. Dons supporting goalies in London dinna seem to grow on tree's, ha ha.

So have a think, anyone you know that is down this way and has the skills, put them in touch, robroyreds@btopenworld.com

Good luck to all the amateur and junior boys for next season.

Season starts tonight for us in the Grill cup away to Hall Russell. Thank god pre-season is over. Some of those sessions were really tough. Dunno if I wasn't as fit this year but that felt like a harder pre-season from Banks O' Dee than what I had in the past three at Highland League. Maybe it's an age thing

The Scotland v England nights out won't have helped ;) Good luck tonight mate

Still time min! You get a cool nike zippy top and bag if you sign for us and you get an Indian buffet after every home game courtesy of The Haughton. Nah I am a striker but will be on the wing this season I reckon cos Ally will be playing up-front. Good excuse to get properly fit though. Also I am only 5'9"! Cheers for sending out a few texts.

If it wasn't soo far away i'd come out of retirement and dusted down the old reusch and uhlsport personalised gloves I had and given it ago.

Crackin gloves back in the day. They still the main gadgies in the world of goalkeeper gloves?

Nae sure like but when I played in goals at school I had those two mentioned with personal ID on them, also a couple of fingersave Adidas for training and a sellsport pair too, infact I still have my reusch ones that Peter Kjaer gave me after the friendly against Southampton.

Our pre season has been absolutely dire! Started far too late, a Sat/Wed (i would have preffered Mon, Wed, Sat), and only 2 games, beaten in both by lower league opposition.

Not been the best. I couldn't believe it when I turned up to the first training and we were only twice a week. At Hilton we trained 3 times a week in pre-season and we wnet on long runs round brimmond hill and out to Balmedie on the sand.

Good turn out on Monday though and hopefully the same tonight. My calfs are f**ked going to go to the gym at lunch to loosen off.

Not been the best. I couldn't believe it when I turned up to the first training and we were only twice a week. At Hilton we trained 3 times a week in pre-season and we wnet on long runs round brimmond hill and out to Balmedie on the sand.

Good turn out on Monday though and hopefully the same tonight. My calfs are f**ked going to go to the gym at lunch to loosen off.

lethal, who u with and who u playing for...fit position

Hopefully some goalkeeping work tonight - like proper stuff....nae just 15-20mins of shooting.

decent game, however bubble should know a team in the prem should have training 3 times a week, I thought the fitness level was poor.

youre absolutely right. Fell out with him a few weeks ago about it. Plus having 12 boys turning up - not good whatsoever. Could be a busy season for me i reckon.

lethal, who u with and who u playing for...fit position

I've signed for Bon Accord City this season. Normally play RM or sometimes RB.

How come Hilton folded lad? Lot of the players go back to juniors??

My uncle Gary couldn't take the team anymore and we were struggling with a replacement manager as our assistant Lloyd has some troubles with his helath and didn't want to commit on his own. Then the longer it went on a few players started to drift off and we were left with not much of a squad. 3 players signed for Sportsmans, I went to Bon Accord along with 1 other (hopefully), the rest have went to a mixture of junior sides and other Ams teams.

i was at the nicolls game watching

I played 90 mins in that game (number 7) started RM and got moved to RB after half an hour because our CB did his Hamstring. The wind was mad that day and we were the better team god knows how we lost. 20mins in the 2nd half we were sloppy but that was about it.

Hopefully some goalkeeping work tonight - like proper stuff....nae just 15-20mins of shooting.

Hopefully, my legs are tight from all the running on Monday - doesn't help I've went to the gym the last 3 lunch-times.

decent game, however bubble should know a team in the prem should have training 3 times a week, I thought the fitness level was poor.

I noticed fitness levels when I first went along to Bon Accord but Bubble admitted on Monday night that it's been a little slow on starting hence why we are now taining Monday/Wednesday.

That was something we had at Hilton good energy, which mainly came from a decent pre-season training 3 times a week including brimmond hill, seaton Park, Karate training and Balmedie. We even did the spin class at Banks Of Dee 2 seasons ago.