If You Were Appointed Afc Boss What Would You Do.........

bit of fun what would you do if given the job,

first up what would be your coaching staff, the players you would dispense of the ones you would look to bring in.

Assistant- whilst would like eric realistically someone like Eion Jess,

Coaches- dispense with Leighton as keeper coach after the balls up he has made with Clangers, and would look at someone like Billy thomson or henry Smith.

players out. FALLON, LANGFIELD, HUGHES, RAE, NAISMITH,

players in- ONJAMA, (motherwell), DALY (dundee utd), CERNY, GOMIS ,

id instantly ask the board for money to buy players.

Id be told no, so would threaten to resign if i didnt get it.

Id hold the record for the worlds shortest ever spell as a football manager

There uis a guy in England was appointed manager for around 10 mins, he was appointed then 10 mins later a deal to sell club was completed and he was fired

sack leighton and langfield the minute i walked in the door. then i'd attempt to tie mcginn down on a long term contract. i'd also try and identify any bad eggs in the squad and bin them sharpish aswell. finally i'd then take a slice of the playing budget to employ proper scouts and an actual goalkeeping coach, i'd go to holland for this. our senior scouting network is little short of a laughing stock and needs addressed.

I'd be an absolute cunt....

Train the players til they're physically sick the first day, get an army trainer in, if it was legal I'd ban players from smoking and drinking or instil fines if caught doing so.

For the journeymen who still have time on their contract I'd do all I could to get them to demand their release.

I'd sign young kids and instil the desire to play for the badge and the team. Minimum 3 year contracts, with agreed fee release clauses so that we both get rewarded if successful (the team and the player). Any pussies who moan get fined, reintroduce the Captain's Court, for any players who break the accepted code of conduct.

I could go on... I reckon these players have no fucking idea what it takes to be an ambitious professional footballer. Tough love is just the start of what they need !

I'd be an absolute cunt....

Train the players til they're physically sick the first day, get an army trainer in, if it was legal I'd ban players from smoking and drinking or instil fines if caught doing so.

For the journeymen who still have time on their contract I'd do all I could to get them to demand their release.

I'd sign young kids and instil the desire to play for the badge and the team. Minimum 3 year contracts, with agreed fee release clauses so that we both get rewarded if successful (the team and the player). Any pussies who moan get fined, reintroduce the Captain's Court, for any players who break the accepted code of conduct.

I could go on... I reckon these players have no fucking idea what it takes to be an ambitious professional footballer. Tough love is just the start of what they need !

I vote djbollocks for new manager

I would do my best to bring Aberdeen up to date, try get a quality training ground on the go, a few new coaches and get all the Opta equipment in, get the players on structured diets and training programs so you can get the very best out of them.

I'd also look to move on the likes of Fallon, Rae, Clark, Robertson (loan) and Langfield then try to bring in players like Dayton, Griffiths, Goodwin, Mcdonald (Hearts keeper) then loan players from EPL/championship side.

As for formation and tactics, would do my best to get the team playing it on the deck get service to Hayes (our most talented/gifted player) get a decent partner for Vernon up top and have McGinn in a free role.

Pointless talking about punting players that are under contract.

Not a chance any club will take on the likes of Langfield & Clark.

Due to the mismanagement of Brown we're stuck with those two at least one more season.

As for the out of contract players, I'd let them all go. Every one.

Osborne is good, but far too injury prone, and apparently wants to return to England anyway. I'd let Magennis go too, despite yesterday.

Letting the out of contract players go frees up about £10k per week from the wage bill.

About 8 out of contract going then?

I'd sign five players on about £2k per week.

To supplement the squad, I'd promote a couple of youngsters from the U-20's.

I'd say to the board, make McGinn a contract offer, the best one we can. No pissing about. If he didn't sign it, I'd sell him in the summer to the highest bidder and re-invest the money.

No way we can afford to let our best asset go for fuck all next summer or a pittance in January.

I'd improve the scouting. Ours is piss poor. Trawling the lower reaches of the English League is one dimensional, and expensive.

As for my assistant, it would need to be someone that thought the same way as me.

I'd get the team playing aggressively, attacking from the start but not suicidally. Get in the faces of the opposition. Take no shit from the opposition. Harrass the referee. If one of our players get hacked, at least 3 or 4 of our team wade in and let them know that is not acceptable

And when we're ahead, keep playing the same way that got us ahead.

No fucking about defending on top of your keeper.

If I had the 3rd or 4th biggest budget, then I would expect to finish in the top 3 or 4 if they were set up properly and went out with the right attitude.

Players out

Langfield

Rae

Naismith

Chris Clark

Vernon

Falon

Osbourne (only because he only ever plays half a season)

Hughes

Too busy at work to see who's coming free to say who I'd take in.

Jim would go

I'd insist that the playing surface was relayed the day after the final game of the season and that no additional games, rugby or internationals were played at Pittodrie for the whole of next season.

Identify somewhere within the city/shire for daily training that wasnt the beach or some hacked up tattie field. No idea what the pitches on the outskirts of Westhill are like these days but somewhere like that for daily training sessions that doesnt do the knees in of all the players.

Then the real hard work would begin.

A set formation that fits in with the available players instead of trying to shove squares into circles.

Ban all players from speaking about the next game with the local rags

Insist all players carried out local duties. Hospital and school visits, youth training, evening events... anything to get folk interested again in turning up.

Most importantly, WIN MORE THAN LOSE

• Downvote 1

I'd make the fans love me, Fuck the board almost like Di Canio or Jose' M .

Instill into the team that it was a us against the world.

Before every game have picture of Fat Charlie and his stupid f**king quotes towards the team.... Get them f**king rallied into making them believe that we are Aberdeen Football Club.

The team lacks desire ..... Time to bring it back into the team I say .......

Firstly I'd get a incredibly orange tan, so orange it make me look like an overgrown umpa lumpa.

Then I'd state at the first press conference how I really wanted the job managing Woking Town but this was my second bestest most favourite job to get to its ok.

I'd turn up at training sessions half cut.

In every post match press conference I'd state that the keeper didn't have a save to make. In fact I'd make that statement in pre match conferences too. If we have an international week with no games on I'd release a press statement to say the keeper still hasn't had a save to make since our last game.

Then I'd install an actual tombola as assistant manager. Right next to my seat in the dugout.

Oh and I'd create a Poll on Afc Chat every week before games to get a feel for the team the fans want to see.

Finally when it all got too much I'd leave Pittodrie in the boot of my car.

• Upvote 2

Ban all players from speaking about the next game with the local rags

Agree 100%. These clowns seem to have a natural ability to 'stir it up' (intentionally or unintentionally) before a big match and end up winding up the opposition to such an extent that they're hyped up even before a ball is kicked. Either that or the press are just stirring it by inventing non-existent quotes and stories. And it that's the case AFC should sue...

Also, if a player speaks to the press without the clubs permission, they should incur a fine.

Time for AFC to toughen up and stop taking this nonsense from the press.

* Call a player meeting. Tell them they have till the end of the season to prove themselves. Anyone incapable of that will sit on the bench, or spend their weekends sitting at home, and a youth player will take take their place next season. And it will be announced on the website, publicly, that they've been dropped because a kid can do their job better at a tenth of the price... there'll be no bones made about the dropped players' ineptitude. Good luck finding a team when your contract expires.

* Hire scouts.

* Terminate contracts of all first team coaches. Hire continental coaches.

* Send players round schools in Grampian once a week Free Tickets, merchandise, and after-school matches coached by a senior player.

* No players in the squad over 30 years of age.

* Insist the club takes out an advert on local Radio and TV in the days leading up to a home game.

* Always start with two strikers, regardless of the opposition. If it turns out your forwards are getting no service THEN you can pull an attacker.

* Always play attacking football.

* Insist youth players who are learning their craft at AFC's expense sign the longest possible professional contract. If not, move them on.

* No Huns in Pittodrie. No Tims either. Ever. No exceptions