Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

No drug cheat can be the GOAT

57 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Hard to judge fighters you've not seen yourself and the modern habit of ducking fights makes it impossible to judge really but that big spazzy couldn't lace Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Roberto Duran, even Manny Pacquiao's gloves.

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Hard to judge fighters you've not seen yourself and the modern habit of ducking fights makes it impossible to judge really but that big spazzy couldn't lace Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Roberto Duran, even Manny Pacquiao's gloves.

I thought he meant greatest heavyweight of all time?  The man's a physical freak, I find it hard to see how even the likes of Ali could batter him (Ali actually lost a few fights remember). Impossible to know of course, it's hard to compare different eras in sport.

10 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I thought he meant greatest heavyweight of all time?  The man's a physical freak, I find it hard to see how even the likes of Ali could batter him (Ali actually lost a few fights remember). Impossible to know of course, it's hard to compare different eras in sport.

Fury would have obliterated Ali he's about 3 or 4 stone bigger.  

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Fury would destroy Ali, taller, longer reach, heavier, modern training and diet etc etc etc. 

If they were fighting they'd have the same training, diet etc. I suppose it's all about opinions but there is no way on earth Fury is fighting the same standard of boxer Ali was. He looks good because the rest are shite.

Ali would've murdered him.

37 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Aye cause being banned means they did/didn't use them. Dafty. 

Lumbering those boxers in with heavyweight Fury as well. Dafty.

Glad others weren't as daft and understood.

So we ignore someone with a drugs ban just incase someone else maybe used them? Right then.

If you say someone is the greatest of all time surely you mean pound for pound no?

Even considering Fury in the conversation for greatest heavyweight of all time us insanity. 30 fights against no cunt, drugs ban, he's a fucking shambles of a "sportsman" any half competent boxer would destroy him, it's just unfortunate there's not many of them in the heavyweight division just now.

I like what Fury has said on the matter, he is without a doubt the best of his generation, going through other generations makes it tough but for various reasons he'd always be in the conversation.  The size and weight of him with his movement makes him a nightmare for every boxer, maybe peak Mike Tyson but given what Fury has shown over 3 fights against one of the hardest hitters the sport has seen he knows how to find a way to get through the fights.

As for the drugs suspension, a lot of that stunk, from both sides, it's a shame but for me I fail to see what he'd have gained from that specific drug given that there are better drugs he could have taken, ones that would've been harder to find as well in testing.

38 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So we ignore someone with a drugs ban just incase someone else maybe used them? Right then.

If you say someone is the greatest of all time surely you mean pound for pound no?

Even considering Fury in the conversation for greatest heavyweight of all time us insanity. 30 fights against no cunt, drugs ban, he's a fucking shambles of a "sportsman" any half competent boxer would destroy him, it's just unfortunate there's not many of them in the heavyweight division just now.

Come on now min, thats just crazy talk

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

He beat 2 of the top 3 hardest hitters. One of them 3 times...

However the Klitchsko one always gets over looked. Does my head in.

When Joshua beat him though, it counted but not when Fury did... in the man's own backyard unbeaten for years.

Yeah, he schooled Vlad and broke him mentally, lost my mind when he was showboating as I felt there was no way he was getting the decision but thankfully he did.

16 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Damn straight. I was on a high after the win. You pulled me up for it, and I answered 'one of the best, yes' or words to that effect.

Now we are here. And rightfully people are pulling you up for your shit.

I'm happy to say he's the best current heavyweight but there is no way he's the GOAT. Total pish. Compare who he's beaten then look at Ali's record.

28 minutes ago, minijc said:

I like what Fury has said on the matter, he is without a doubt the best of his generation, going through other generations makes it tough but for various reasons he'd always be in the conversation.  The size and weight of him with his movement makes him a nightmare for every boxer, maybe peak Mike Tyson but given what Fury has shown over 3 fights against one of the hardest hitters the sport has seen he knows how to find a way to get through the fights.

As for the drugs suspension, a lot of that stunk, from both sides, it's a shame but for me I fail to see what he'd have gained from that specific drug given that there are better drugs he could have taken, ones that would've been harder to find as well in testing.

That ranks as one of the stupidest things I've ever read. You believe his "eating whole wild boar" story???