Messi V Maradona

Competition closed now. Obviously only one winner. Just been watching some old clips on YouTube and this one vid sums up the difference. Maradona just had way more to his game in terms of contributing to the team, influencing the team and reading the game. For a coked up South American his vision was fantastic. He could also take a hit down to his physique and low centre of gravity.

Still the best player the world has ever seen:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MCj6fspxGZY

• Upvote 1

Yes he was miles better than Messi.

However we must temper that with the admission that any number of other players then and now were not allowed to get away with blatant performance enhancing drug use.

So its hard to say whether it was Diego himself or the purity of the coke that made him brilliant.

• Upvote 1

However we must temper that with the admission that any number of other players then and now were not allowed to get away with blatant performance enhancing drug use.

So its hard to say whether it was Diego himself or the purity of the coke that made him brilliant.

If it's down to the purity of the coke then wtf happened to Colombia v Brazil? Cut with detergent?

There is football that happened after Pele and there is football that happened after Maradona. Just in a different class. You always long to see really game changing players but that's the two at the top level. Witnessing Maradona was my first real World Cup and. I just want to see that again. He was operating on a whole new level.

• Upvote 1

Let's get this straight. Maradona has never used performance enhancing drugs...

and Messi is not fit to clean his boots.

• Upvote 1

I don't think there's a word on this thread I don't agree with. Must be some sort of record.

If SKY showed games in the 80s there wouldnt even be a debate.

WOWZERS.

Maradona is miles better than Messi.

Let's get this straight. Maradona has never used performance enhancing drugs...

and Messi is not fit to clean his boots.

maradona, every day.

messi's half way there, like italia '90 when maradona took them to the final on his own. now he needs to win it next time round.

maradona at Napoli, with mars on his chest, he probably ate free boxes of the chocolates, ripped out his tits on bingo. he basically won the serie a on his own as well. I think careca helped as well.

I think Ronaldo missed those chances he had in the last Portugal game coz he couldn't be fucked with the rest of the team and was wanting to get away to the Seychelles or wherever he goes.

he looks a bit waxy these days, more and more like Michael Jackson. get yer gnashers fixed tae son!

messi looks like he doesn't have the bravado of maradona, kind of like he has the weight of the argies on his shoulders.

Ronaldo playing for his country looks like he knows that the rest of his team aren't as good and why should he bother trying. I bet he hated bale scoring the "winner" against athletico as well. when he scored the 4th, it was like check me! remember me! um the boss of this garage! ah won the cup! me!

he's the typical loner.

good stories from his yanited days showing that he can't be bothered with other people when it comes to corporate things and congratulating players from years gone by. like why the fuck should I bother about booby Charlton and these auld yins.

still, I'd like to see him cutting in from the left in the red of Aberdeen. trump, forget about golf and do something mental like sign him for us.

You talk shit Caledonia.

Ronaldinhio was great for 2 years. EOS.

Messi is by far and away the outstanding player of the past 20years.

His brilliance at Barca prob eclipses all club careers ever.

I can only think of Baggio in 94 who has come close to matching Maradonas WC86 feats.

You talk shit Caledonia.

Ronaldinhio was great for 2 years. EOS.

Messi is by far and away the outstanding player of the past 20years.

His brilliance at Barca prob eclipses all club careers ever.

I can only think of Baggio in 94 who has come close to matching Maradonas WC86 feats.

That is why he has won all this then from 1999 to 2013