#4021 OFFLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Courts taking its sweet time deciding if the Judicial Review can proceed.

That's been two months now.
Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#4022 OFFLINE   Bad_Mobby

Bad_Mobby

Pigeon from Hell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,741 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Fantistic stuff from the WANKS today. They’re objecting to the a drive thru being built beside the vets and one of the reasons is:

“This could have major implications to the safety of football fans”

Beautiful stuff

Why?

Because the animals might escape and run amok due to the smell of fast food?

TPFKATGLA 

#4023 OFFLINE   CityCentre

CityCentre

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 17-July 18

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Courts taking its sweet time deciding if the Judicial Review can proceed.

That's been two months now.

It won't happen, I think that is as clear as it could be by the speed and scale of work going on at Kingsford.

The club are clearly in no doubt.

#4024 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 PM

It won't happen, I think that is as clear as it could be by the speed and scale of work going on at Kingsford.

It could happen, I personally doubt it but it could. The plan is to get a power of work done early doors in case work has to stop for a while if a review requires a temporary halt to works. I think I'm right in saying that it might not even demand a halt.

I've posted this before but the review is not about whether or not AFC can build on the site. It's whether Aberdeen council made any procedural errors in granting permission to AFCs application to build.

The build will go ahead regardless of any judicial review because the council rightly and overwhelmingly passed the application and will do so again if required after any review. A review would only serve to waste a little bit of time and money.

#4025 ONLINE   Panda

Panda

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 PM

I think you're right. That's why No Kingsford have now set up this Weapal nonsense so they can just object to everything in the hope they'll win something, as their egos are so bruised.

That said - I wouldn't be surprised if the drive thrus are rejected. Nothing to do with NKS/Waepal (though they'll no doubt claim the credit), but the planning application is so amateurish.

They say it's next to bus stops that don't actually exist. They also haven't left enough room for delivery or waste trucks, which would be unable to turn properly.

All the land there will eventually get built on, no matter how much these protest groups shout and scream. It'll either just be houses, offices, or amenities that compliment the stadium.

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users