Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Should be even further ahead of 5th but we drew at Hamilton, Tannadice, Motherwell and Paisley.

Β 

Far too many folk here think we have an automatic right to walk into these places and leave with 3 points.

With a full squad to choose from, we probably will do so more often than not. Although Motherwell do usually give us a decent game.Β 

United...one of those days,Β  just couldn't score and denied a stonewall penalty.

With 7 or 8 players out....including the full first choice midfield......Hamilton and especially St Mirren we aren't certain to take anything.Β 

Β 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Exactly.

we make excuses for being shite against shite now.

stems from McinnesΒ 

And the fact the other 2 teams above us each pay north of Β£50m a year in players wages resulting in, on average, a better standard and quality of player than us but let's not bring facts into the argument eh lads.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Which is why I don’t have an issue with ignoring people saying we β€œshould be 2nd or better” or we β€œshould be winning cups.” Β We shouldn’t for the reason you state.

doesn’t stop us trying, and displaying an attitude that should one of the behemoths slip up we should look to jump in. Β That doesn’t mean beating them but by all means at least give them a game. Β It does mean not shipping points at fucking Hamilton et al on more than an occasional basis. Β Detest the cunts all you like and no one does more than IΒ but that’s the bit Sevco have got bang on throughout.

17 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

You are aware that every team will drop points during a season. I don’t like it whenΒ Β we dropΒ them against bottom half fodder teams with a shit performance to go with it. But the table doesn’t lie, we’re where we would want to be at this stage of the season. Obviously minus the cup exit and the standard performance in Europe.Β 

And I’ve said often enough that in terms of bang for buck we’d find addressing the European thing, or at least trying, much easier than splitting the cheeks. Β Yet here we are 6 years later.

yes league wise we’ll drop points. Β But that’s what 10(?) points β€œdropped” this season. Β Take even 5 of them and it looks so much better. Β Arguably more reflective too. Β But the glass ceiling is there even if some can’t see it.

If we're counting points dropped we should be counting all games including the games against Huns and Celtic, not just the ones against everyone else.Β 

Otherwise it just starts to sound a bit entitled which is something we hate the Huns and Celtic for.Β 

For example. Losing at home to the Huns is just as much a points dropped situation as drawing to Motherwell away imo.Β 

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

You are aware that every team will drop points during a season. I don’t like it whenΒ Β we dropΒ them against bottom half fodder teams with a shit performance to go with it. But the table doesn’t lie, we’re where we would want to be at this stage of the season. Obviously minus the cup exit and the standard performance in Europe.Β 

Very true but I think it tells us our league is fairly shite.

We have been fucking woeful in all but a half dozen games yet we are sitting pretty in 3rd. A little more imagination and bravery and who knows...

• Upvote 2