Scotlands Useless Referees

It would put them under more scrutiny but I don't think they'd give a fuck. Trial by television doesn't make any difference at the moment 

You've got pundits like Boyd and McCann who would just keep spouting that var was correct not to flag it as it wasn't an 'obvious' error 

Can you imagine. Today's referee is Bobby Madden, the fourth official is Andrew Dallas and the referee in the VAR room is John Beaton. Great 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It would put them under more scrutiny but I don't think they'd give a fuck. Trial by television doesn't make any difference at the moment 

You've got pundits like Boyd and McCann who would just keep spouting that var was correct not to flag it as it wasn't an 'obvious' error 

Can you imagine. Today's referee is Bobby Madden, the fourth official is Andrew Dallas and the referee in the VAR room is John Beaton. Great 

This. 

Idea behind VAR is fine but the operation of it in Scotland would make it a pointless waste of money benefiting only two clubs (a hint for anyone in doubt is we are not one of the two clubs it would benefit). 

50 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Being asked to review a penalty claim for the opposition in the 87th minute at the Bastard Garden? 

The game in Scotland is undeniably not on a level playing field, & never ever will be as long as the cunts at the SFA allow huns to referee the huns. 

It’s long since last the time when ALL the clubs need to go as one to the SFA & tell them it’s no longer acceptable. 

There would be obvious confusion.  They are supposed to be looking out for clear errors by the ref.  There’s confusion right there for starters.

Goldson appears to have shot their striker in the back before scalping him with a machete.  Beaton waves play on whilst 4th official Collum does his dramatic last chance gesture before garrotting the opposition manager for tutting.

kind of a thing.

10 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Haven’t seen the Brown Power (fnaar) challenge because Dportscene didn’t seem it worthy.  But compare the contact made on Porteous late on in their game with our Ibrox example.

Watched back on RedTV and it’s very hard to see.

It looks like there may have been contact but also that Power was already on the way down

On 12/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, don corleone said:

I know. What a pointless article. The thing that confused me the most though is that they had to compile a table of stats to figure out what is glaring obvious to everybody else. 

Yep exactly

As if the teams who attack the most get the most penalties

Mental thar brain power had to be used to work that one out

Did you see the foul by Charlie Adam on morelos (I think) in the Dundee box at the weekend that wasn't given as a penalty at the weekend,  by the way?

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Yep exactly

Did you see the foul by Charlie Adam on morelos (I think) in the Dundee box at the weekend that wasn't given as a penalty at the weekend,  by the way?

You must of been devastated that the rangers never got that penalty 

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yep exactly

Another pro hun post finished off with "byraway".

Poor!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Millertime said:

?

Nope.

Don't go out of my way to watch Hun games and don't recall it being on sportscene.

Was it at a point in the game when SevCo didn't need help and allows rabid Huns to claim the decisions are balanced?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Especially with the new variation to var which means they don't point out anything that isn't an 'obvious' error. 

Would be a pile of shite up here.  Inevitable it comes in at some point though but don't have any confidence that it would be applied consistently 

Probably will be applied consistently. Here's how it goes. Give the dodgy one to either twisted sister let VAR decide, deny stonewaller at other end let VAR decide. Simple really.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Zeus said:

Gallagher was weak for the goal, fair enough. 

However 2 mins later Ramsey does the same thing. Foul.

One of a number of completely baffling calls.

Useless, unless bastard 

And the goal we scored. Disallowed. Wrongly.

We’ve been shite in the main, but by fuck we’ve had the wrong end of some shite officiating.

The standard is as bad as it’s ever been. 

• Upvote 3