Hamilton 0 - 3 Aberdeen

It is a gripe of mine also. Many times we’ve been cruising in a game and it’s screaming out for Deano, Anderson etc to get more minutes but he’ll still use the old faithfuls. Minor gripe but still a gripe.

I agree mostly.

Just think 5 mins v Hamilton on that shite pitch is pointless. Should have played v Stenny.

Anyway, great result.

It is a gripe of mine also. Many times we’ve been cruising in a game and it’s screaming out for Deano, Anderson etc to get more minutes but he’ll still use the old faithfuls. Minor gripe but still a gripe.

I understand this point by I also understand him putting on the guys who are need minutes in the legs and are more likely to have to start a game. If shinnie or ferguson got injured then Gleeson or Ball would start ahead of Deano so it might be more worthwhile getting these guys some game time. 

It's a completely fair criticism.  If he canna trust youngsters to come on at 3-0 then there's a problem.

I understand this point by I also understand him putting on the guys who are need minutes in the legs and are more likely to have to start a game. If shinnie or ferguson got injured then Gleeson or Ball would start ahead of Deano so it might be more worthwhile getting these guys some game time.

They can play a full 90 in the reserve league. I’d argue 90 mins of reserve fitba stands them in just as good stead as a 15 minute cameo off the bench. Whereas a youngster getting that 15 minute cameo can really boost his confidence and help with his development.

We don’t use the reserve league as it is intended to be used.

Very decent win last night at a venue which has haunted us for a while. Cosgrove took his second brilliantly, even if his first was one of the worst goals you'll ever see! 

Thought Max Lowe was the best player on the park, his pace and athleticism gave Accies all kinds of trouble throughout the game. 

Good result ahead of a much tougher test against Killie on Saturday. 

Great result. Took our time getting into the game as Hamilton were looking the more likely to score for the first 20 or so. Hats off to Mr Cosgrove picking up where he left off. 

Really hope Hamilton go down this season and never ever return. Horrendous football club. 

Tough game on saturday, coming, they'll be right up for this.

Possible they might have some financial agreement he’s got to play a number of games during his loan. He game on in the 87th min so can’t see anyone benefiting from that, other than pocketing a win bonus.

Yep

This sums it up for me

Thought he was utter horseshit at start and until about last month tbh but it is like he has been possessed by an actual footballer. 2nd goal last night was delightful.

It was indeed.

Thats at least a couple of his goals where he has picked the ball up outside the box and run at defenders before slamming the ball home. He also reacts quickly to lose balls and rebounds etc which is great to see.

A good and much needed tonic after stenhousemuir.

Hats off to big sam again - was a couple of other times I thought he might he been played in with the chance of a shot, but the passer chose another target.  Right enough I suppose we should be happy his runs are creating space for others.

We have nothing to fear from killie, whom we should dominate, their win vs those aging hun wallopers was more about how the huns are shitey bottle merchants, rather that about how good killie are.  (dont get me wrong, Killie are decent, but on our day we are comfortably better).

PS - cant believe its taken so long to win at hamilton!

• Downvote 1

It was indeed.

Thats at least a couple of his goals where he has picked the ball up outside the box and run at defenders before slamming the ball home. He also reacts quickly to lose balls and rebounds etc which is great to see.

Aye, his first goal showed good reactions - especially after making an arse of the original headed opportunity :laughing:

The second was the latest example of how he is a direct, dynamic runner and good finisher, despite being a big galoot.  His fact reactions were also in evidence there, as he got the break of the ball on the sideline, to allow him to make the run.

• Upvote 1

Nice result.

Pretty strong finish from Cosgrove for his second.

Is this all starting to come together?

What with Lowe and Stewart in aboot and Sam's sudden elevation to goal bagger extraordinaire? 

Or should I just wise up and put my dick back in my punts?

Suspect we will have the answer with the spell of 4 games in 10 days, Kilmarnock H, Stenhousemuir A, Hibs A and filth at H.

Nice result.

Pretty strong finish from Cosgrove for his second.

Is this all starting to come together?

What with Lowe and Stewart in aboot and Sam's sudden elevation to goal bagger extraordinaire? 

Or should I just wise up and put my dick back in my punts?

Aye it's all coming up Millhouse at the moment despite the Stenhousemuir result.

Getting Hoban, Devlin and lesser extent Reynolds back fit asap makes the defence look very well equipped.

Unfortunate with the plastic pitches and lack of reserve games they'll struggle to get going.

After that I think DM is going to want two more signings this month for players who can put more pressure on the first XI than the current fringe men are managing to do. Ball, Gleeson, Wilson, Wright, Campbell etc. Another forward type player like Morgan instead of Wright and probably another striker instead of Wilson.