The Sfa & Spfl Are Fucking Shite Thread

In the court of public opinion the jury delivered its verdict long ago.

The huns were and are a bunch of fucking cheats. Guilty.

It took a good while for the term 'hun' to take hold and pass into the norm, but it did - to the point they had to combat this home truth of a moniker by censoring its use, even trying to brand it as hate speech and religiously motivated bigotry against them!!

Well, they can't ban the term 'cheat'. Anything they say and do can be dismissed as the word and action of a bunch of fucking cheats, and the authorities can be branded the same from now on too.

The official fan line is that Scottish football is run by a bunch of corrupt cheats, for the benefit of a bunch of corrupt fucking cheats.

Zero tolerance - No cheating hun has the right.

Regarding "Scottish Football needs a strong Rangers" etc etc.

Can Doncaster and co. explain how a team that is full of scum from top level to supporter, consistently shaming Scotland, a zombie spewed out from the criminals who cheated their way to winning, competing at the top is 'good for the Scottish game'?

At's like saying 'The UN needs Gaddafi to make it stronger, would just be boring if it was only Kim Jong Un'

Regarding "Scottish Football needs a strong Rangers" etc etc.

Can Doncaster and co. explain how a team that is full of scum from top level to supporter, consistently shaming Scotland, a zombie spewed out from the criminals who cheated their way to winning, competing at the top is 'good for the Scottish game'?

At's like saying 'The UN needs Gaddafi to make it stronger, would just be boring if it was only Kim Jong Un'

It's purely about them getting the best commercial deal based on the "old firm experience" isn't it? They have only developed one selling point to broadcasters as they don't have the imagination to look for other selling points. If we want to get more money from overseas TV I think we should have all our SPFL top tier games at different times over a weekend. That way we can say to a potential overseas broadcasters that every top tier game is available to be shown live, a bit like the Spanish top division. You could have one game on a Friday night, one at lunchtime Saturday, a Saturday 3pm game, a Saturday evening game and two Sunday afternoon games if required.

My rose tinted glasses would prefer all games at Saturday at 3pm though but that's not realistic in the modern era I don't think.

It's purely about them getting the best commercial deal based on the "old firm experience" isn't it? They have only developed one selling point to broadcasters as they don't have the imagination to look for other selling points. If we want to get more money from overseas TV I think we should have all our SPFL top tier games at different times over a weekend. That way we can say to a potential overseas broadcasters that every top tier game is available to be shown live, a bit like the Spanish top division. You could have one game on a Friday night, one at lunchtime Saturday, a Saturday 3pm game, a Saturday evening game and two Sunday afternoon games if required.

My rose tinted glasses would prefer all games at Saturday at 3pm though but that's not realistic in the modern era I don't think.

But but but, there's only 2 Old Firm games a weekend..

But but but, there's only 2 Old Firm games a weekend..

That's it in a nutshell vforv to which I'd only add that we, well certainly I thought that that 2 club dominance genuinely was a 'natural order' type phenomenon (and I'm an 80's die hard).

Turns out it's not. It's an entirely artificial construct that sadly our remaining clubs are absolutely addicted and in thrall to.

But they need their fanbases to remain ignorant of that fact.

• Upvote 2

Is overseas broadcasters paying significant money to show 6 live Scottish league games a week realistic?

Possibly, possibly not. But it gives you something different to offer broadcasters or the likes of online streaming providers or even an SPFL channel for overseas subscribers which can be sold as a collective package or as individual time slots to different bidders. The additional revenues may not be life changing but it's a better proposition than the current SPFL sales pitch which seems to be buy the 4 Celtic v Rangers games, get the rest free and show any games you like when you like even if it's every Celtic and Rangers away game.

Possibly, possibly not. But it gives you something different to offer broadcasters or the likes of online streaming providers or even an SPFL channel for overseas subscribers which can be sold as a collective package or as individual time slots to different bidders. The additional revenues may not be life changing but it's a better proposition than the current SPFL sales pitch which seems to be buy the 4 Celtic v Rangers games, get the rest free and show any games you like when you like even if it's every Celtic and Rangers away game.

Sorry but got to call nonsense on this.

Our game needs to keep trying to attract fans to the games. Not sticking them on at Sunday lunchtime etc to try and sell foreign tv rights. Also there are very few times games aren't on now. There are games from England, Spain, Germany etc on at all times over the weekend.

On selling our TV rights I agree we market it terribly with all the emphasis on the horrible twins from Glasgow. We need to promote our game better but sticking Hamilton v St Johnstone on at 12.15 on a Sunday with 2000 in attendance is not going to do it.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but got to call nonsense on this.

Our game needs to keep trying to attract fans to the games. Not sticking them on at Sunday lunchtime etc to try and sell foreign tv rights. Also there are very few times games aren't on now. There are games from England, Spain, Germany etc on at all times over the weekend.

On selling our TV rights I agree we market it terribly with all the emphasis on the horrible twins from Glasgow. We need to promote our game better but sticking Hamilton v St Johnstone on at 12.15 on a Sunday with 2000 in attendance is not going to do it.

No worries, I agree that the ideal scenario is larger gates with more young fans attending and becoming long term supporters and accept that different time slots might make that a challenge.

I think its highly unlikely there would be demand for that many games anyway.

There's a balance to be found somewhere between the current set up which is show 90% of games involving 1 half of the OF and the opposite end of the scale showing all the games.

Get 2 games on telly a weekend every weekend, make one of those a game involving an OF team at HOME, make the other one non OF teams and that's about right.

Biggest problem is to improve the TV viewing figures we have to improve the product but that mostly takes money to do. Its chicken and egg.

EPL were lucky Sky decided to vastly over pay for the TV rights many years ago as a long term investment.

I think its highly unlikely there would be demand for that many games anyway.

There's a balance to be found somewhere between the current set up which is show 90% of games involving 1 half of the OF and the opposite end of the scale showing all the games.

Get 2 games on telly a weekend every weekend, make one of those a game involving an OF team at HOME, make the other one non OF teams and that's about right.

Biggest problem is to improve the TV viewing figures we have to improve the product but that mostly takes money to do. Its chicken and egg.

EPL were lucky Sky decided to vastly over pay for the TV rights many years ago as a long term investment.

Sky wanted to buy our rights when they started pumping cash in to the EPL. Jim and Ernie knocked it back. The rest is history

• 1 month later...

They're now considering Ibrox as an alternative to Hampden.

"It'll ultimately come down to costing and funding. In order to run a national stadium you need to be able to maintain it, repair it and operate it, so all those factors will feature in our analysis."

Aye so that'll be another bail out for the huns then. Your stadium falling apart is it? No fucking bother we'll move the national team there.

The only two options that should be considered are staying as is or moving to Edinburgh.

• Upvote 4

They're now considering Ibrox as an alternative to Hampden.

"It'll ultimately come down to costing and funding. In order to run a national stadium you need to be able to maintain it, repair it and operate it, so all those factors will feature in our analysis."

Aye so that'll be another bail out for the huns then. Your stadium falling apart is it? No fucking bother we'll move the national team there.

The only two options that should be considered are staying as is or moving to Edinburgh.

Spot on.

I'd fully expect them to do everything they can to help their brothers over in Govan though.

"regulatory capture" at the SFA was completed years ago and nobody seems to challenge it.

Seen that cunt Regan lisping away this morning on the news about this and immediately smelt a rat.... Crystal clear what the plan is, do up Mordor so they can hold cup finals and Internationals in it and that way the huns get a decent stadium and the bonus of playing at home in semis and finals.....The national stadium should be in the capital nae Govan

Seen that cunt Regan lisping away this morning on the news about this and immediately smelt a rat.... Crystal clear what the plan is, do up Mordor so they can hold cup finals and Internationals in it and that way the huns get a decent stadium and the bonus of playing at home in semis and finals.....The national stadium should be in the capital nae Govan

If this happens we should all just fucking give up