Where Are They Now

The Rooney transfer (despite the calls by moronic types saying he only scored tap ins) for me is up there with one of the worst transfers in our history.

Not quite on a par with Dodds/Winters but bloody close.

ESPECIALLY given Cosgrove is the replacement.

I loved Rooney, he was limited at times but look at his games/goals record, then discuss. Cheers.

I was ok with him going because I thought we had something lined up already. What an idiot

The Rooney transfer (despite the calls by moronic types saying he only scored tap ins) for me is up there with one of the worst transfers in our history.

Not quite on a par with Dodds/Winters but bloody close.

ESPECIALLY given Cosgrove is the replacement.

I loved Rooney, he was limited at times but look at his games/goals record, then discuss. Cheers.

When you consider we got Winters and still had Windass and even big Iron Mike Newall. With a team that included Eoin Jess banging in goals.

Now we have Cosgrove and May as replacement with Dom Ball as our majestic midfielder.

Rooney shouldn't have left until a suitable replacement was brought in regardless of whether Salford were going to pull the plug or not. The difference between a successful season and an unsuccessful one is worth a lot more than a couple of hundred grand or whatever we got.

Can't blame Rooney for wanting to leave though.  It was clear he wasn't going to be in the manager's plans.  Whether the manager is right or wrong on that one is open to debate.  Personally I think the change of style over the last couple of years has at least as much to do with Rooney's decline as any physical decline on his part.  Boyd has similar physical attributes to Rooney but Kilmarnock played in a style last year that played to his strengths as a penalty box striker.  They didn't use him as a target man or a striker on the wing like we did with Rooney.

• Upvote 2

Sone Aluko... Aberdeen's erstwhile, sulky, petted lip, shitbag on the left wing, left Aberdeen to be closer to home in Birmingham, and promptly went to the Huns. Easily the least interested player at a time when we had Kerr, McDonald, Mair, Maguire and Duff all trying their best to be the one who did the least amount of work for the most amount of money. 

Was a Nigerian fringe international when he scurried off for the Weegie pound, and certainly a promising player when he wasn't sulking like the sulky shitbag he was at Pittodrie. 

So how's the little tyke getting on? 

Currently circling the relegation zone with Reading in the Championship... so he's a bit closer to home now, I suppose. 

Has played 7 games for Nigeria, the last one being 4 years ago... so at 29 he's likely not going to fulfill that early International promise. 

But how's he doing domestically? Has he ingratiated himself with the Reading fans in a way he never could with the Pittodrie faithful?

Let's see what the Reading fans have to say on their site. 

"Aluko is a fucking idiot." says Pepe the Horseman

"Aluko? A-fucking-luko? Fuck off!" exclaims Snowflake Royal. 

Hound is of the mind that, "Aluko is an atrocity of a player."

John Madejeski's Wallet believes, "Aluko [is a] twat."

While Jagermesiter1871, who appears to have been posting from the game, says, "Aluko playing. I'm off home."

Our old friend Hound later ponders, " I've seen plenty of shit players, but none who can bring down the mood so dramatically as Aluko."

And NewCorkSeth insists he would, "Chop off my left nut to ensure Aluko never plays again.

It seems the lad is doing as sterling a job of endearing himself to the Reading faithful as he did the Aberdeen. 

And he appears to have grown a tiny beard of sorts. 

Lovely stuff. 

Aluko strikes a typical All-Action pose. 

JS130163674.jpg

• Upvote 3