The Red Army book

Good day to you.

I have a new book out, titled The Red Army: Celebrating Dons Fans. It is a 300 page hardback, with 200+ pix of Dons fans from over the years. Your photo is probably in it. I humbly recommend it to you all. I reckon it is a good book, but then I’m biased!

One thing though — it’s a lot better Christmas pressie for yer dad or grandad than another jumper fae Markies.

The official launch is at Waterstones in the Bon Accord Centre, tomorrow (Tuesday, December 3rd) at 6.30pm. I’ll be there to sign copies, and dedicate them to whoever you want.

Sorry for the “advert”-style thread guys, but I figured (hoped) some of you might be interested. If not, then ignore.

My respects to you.

Will it be available on kindle? Trying to save the planet and all that.

Kindle!? No! NFC! Absolutely not!

Kindle and their evil Amazon overlords are killing the world book industry, closing shops, and actually are discouraging reading. And, overall, the Amazon revolution is leaving a much bigger carbon footprint than the way things used to be — in the old days, one lorry brought 200 books to a store, nowadays, 200 lorry/van trips are made to deliver 200 books to 200 individual addresses.

Rants! Mutters, shakes-of-the-head....wonders how he has strayed so far off topic.....etc.

Anyway. As said, the launch is this evening, 6.30pm. If anyone wants to toddle along, then please come say hello and have a yak about the Dons. 

If not interested, then that's cool too.

5-DE0-DAD5-0860-46-AD-82-B3-6-B51-DEF3-F

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Book was okay. 3/5 I'd give it.

Some decent photos, but most of it were evening express style "pick your face in the crowd" type stuff. There was a few good photos - ie there was one of the Dons support at the 1984 final with the scarves aloft, but not enough of that. If you had a picture thread on here of all your favourites photos of Aberdeen fans, not many from the book would make it.

There was also a glaring mistake in it, which I'm sure the author has already noticed. Page 16/17 says it's a photo of the 2011 LC semi. Page 19 is the picture of the same crowd all still in the same clobber but suggests it's the 2012 Scottish cup semi.

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea if you cant afford it is to buy it as a present as you would be spending that money anyway.

Then just borrow it or sneak a peak before you give them it.

Even better if you stay in same house (your son etc)

But price is not to bad anyway even for yourself

Buy it as a present.

Take it to work and photocopy every page and make yir own copy.

Or just steal the fucker.