Curtis Main

Absolutely no service, bar Consi, Vyner and Devlin especially absolutely shelling him with 60 yard punts up the park and with not a supporting player within 20 yards. Despite that, certainly wasn't the worst player out there. Gallagher takes that award comfortably yet again, although McGinn certainly gave him a run for his money.

On the plus side we had a young central midfield pairing who got a bit more experience playing together.

Also, somehow, we kept a clean sheet.

Neither of them did much.

I thought Ferguson huffed and puffed. Campbell perfected the art of passing sideways and backwards because no bastard made a move to offer him a forward pass.

We kept a clean sheet because we were lucky. Time and again Livi got in the back of us. First half especially.

• 3 months later...

Poodler, on 14 Apr 2018 - 3:35 PM, said:

How do Motherwell find these strikers.

And we have that

Lolz

Shinniesta, on 14 Apr 2018 - 3:40 PM, said:

They are obviously not lazy when it comes to scouting the way we seem to be. They get the likes of Moult and Main from England whereas we get Maynard and Cosgrove (I'm all for giving boys s chance but poor Sam just does not look like a footballer of any talent whatsoever from what I've seen so far).

Pahahaha

TynesideDon, on 15 Apr 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Got off the train at Glasgow Queen Street and went straight for a piss. Some bloke about 60ish with a cap on who had been on the same train as me (bogs were out of order on the train so a lot of us were bursting) stood next to me and said get on my boy today. Thought at first it was a tip for the National but then he went on to say he was Curtis Mains dad and that he'd been pumped up for this game all week and to get on him for first goalscorer.

Needless to say I didn't bother.

Other than that it was the usual big game bottle job. We've all seen it before and will see it again so nowt more to add.

Oops

Zeus, on 15 Apr 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

We've had stockley, Maynard, may and Cosgrove.

Motherwell have plucked Moult and Main from nowhere. Fucking hell :laughing:

Bring Darren Mackie home

Oh Zeus

Edited by DD1903, 05 June 2019 - 08:01 PM.

Lolz

He's shite

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Poodler, on 14 Apr 2018 - 3:35 PM, said:

How do Motherwell find these strikers.

And we have that

Lolz

Shinniesta, on 14 Apr 2018 - 3:40 PM, said:

They are obviously not lazy when it comes to scouting the way we seem to be. They get the likes of Moult and Main from England whereas we get Maynard and Cosgrove (I'm all for giving boys s chance but poor Sam just does not look like a footballer of any talent whatsoever from what I've seen so far).

Pahahaha

TynesideDon, on 15 Apr 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Got off the train at Glasgow Queen Street and went straight for a piss. Some bloke about 60ish with a cap on who had been on the same train as me (bogs were out of order on the train so a lot of us were bursting) stood next to me and said get on my boy today. Thought at first it was a tip for the National but then he went on to say he was Curtis Mains dad and that he'd been pumped up for this game all week and to get on him for first goalscorer.

Needless to say I didn't bother.

Other than that it was the usual big game bottle job. We've all seen it before and will see it again so nowt more to add.

Oops

Zeus, on 15 Apr 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

We've had stockley, Maynard, may and Cosgrove.

Motherwell have plucked Moult and Main from nowhere. Fucking hell :laughing:

Bring Darren Mackie home

Oh Zeus

Edited by DD1903, 05 June 2019 - 08:01 PM.

Lolz

He's shite

To be fair those posters probably made those comments after seeing main in 1 game.

However I'm sure by June this year those same posters had seen enough of Main to make a full assessment of him and realise he was shite.

The same as McInnes, the only difference is that whilst those posters had the humility and common sense to revise their opinions, our fucking manager didn't.

• Upvote 1

Main started off very well at Motherwell and actually looked a decent player in those first 5 months from Jan 18 onwards. He was a real handful physically and scored 8 goals in 21 games which is a decent return for a striker especially one new to the league.

The problem was he was shite for the whole of the following season scoring only 6 goals in 37 games at which point McInnes then decided to sign him.

The move yesterday early in the second half by the hun. Brilliant pass from the right back to the outside left who first times a cross to an on rushing striker (regrettably born of a mattress but no worries as he didn’t score anyway). Is that like even allowed? (The defence splitting pass and dangerous cross bit, not the son of a mattress bit obv).

We can only dream of that move just now.

The move yesterday early in the second half by the hun. Brilliant pass from the right back to the outside left who first times a cross to an on rushing striker (regrettably born of a mattress but no worries as he didn’t score anyway). Is that like even allowed? (The defence splitting pass and dangerous cross bit, not the son of a mattress bit obv).

We can only dream of that move just now.

Our move v Livingston was class that we scored from.