Films

It Follows

Creepy, atmospheric horror film about a girl who sleeps with her boyfriend for the first time, only to learn that in doing so he has passed to her a curse which sees her followed by a supernatural entity hell-bent on killing her. The only way to end the curse is for her to sleep with someone else, thereby passing it on to them.

Strange premise perhaps, but it's beautifully shot and just generally really well done. A solid 8/10 from me, available on Netflix too.

It Follows

Creepy, atmospheric horror film about a girl who sleeps with her boyfriend for the first time, only to learn that in doing so he has passed to her a curse which sees her followed by a supernatural entity hell-bent on killing her. The only way to end the curse is for her to sleep with someone else, thereby passing it on to them.

Strange premise perhaps, but it's beautifully shot and just generally really well done. A solid 8/10 from me, available on Netflix too.

So basically someone desperate to sleep with someone..........Bluto Follows?

The Commuter.

Adjective time. Choose from - stupid, ridiculous, absurd, nonsensical, ludicrous,....yes, that sounds about right. Ludicrous it is then.

Is it even entertaining nonsense? Well no, because you just don't believe in the basic premise of the storyline. It sounds simple enough in the beginning but as the story unfolds it becomes more convoluted to the point you could drive a flotilla of trucks through the plot. Too easy also to spot one of the bad guys. Knew he was a bad 'un from his first scene. Far, far, from Liam Neeson's finest hour. Argh! and how could I not mention the cheesiest ending you'll likely ever see.

Rubbish. 2/10.

It Follows

Wasn't impressed with that one. They were raving about it on Film16 or whatever it was, saying it was genuinely scary but not for me. Tbh though, horror films don't work for me, i can't suspend my disbelief enough.

The Post

Much hyped but well over hyped in my opinion. Pre-Watergate political scandal told quite blandly. All a bit bog standard and nowhere near All The President's Men in building the tension.

Meryl Streep seems to get nominated for Oscars on the basis of her name alone from what I see here. Can't seriously be compared to Frances McDormand in Three Billboards. For what it's worth, Will Poulter's portrayal of psycho racist cop in Detroit has squashed anything I've seen in the last year. That movie should be seen for that reason on its own. Better even than Gary Oldman's version of Churchill.

The Punisher - dreadful film and was warned it would be a few pages back.

The Siege of Jadotville - True story Netflix film about Irish peacekeepers getting shafted by the UN in Congo, a solid 8/10 film.

Anyone seen The Man From Earth: Holocene, can't seem to find it anywhere for streaming or download ?

The Post

Much hyped but well over hyped in my opinion. Pre-Watergate political scandal told quite blandly. All a bit bog standard and nowhere near All The President's Men in building the tension.

Meryl Streep seems to get nominated for Oscars on the basis of her name alone from what I see here. Can't seriously be compared to Frances McDormand in Three Billboards. For what it's worth, Will Poulter's portrayal of psycho racist cop in Detroit has squashed anything I've seen in the last year. That movie should be seen for that reason on its own. Better even than Gary Oldman's version of Churchill.

The Post - nowhere near as good as Spotlight. The End...