Films

Den Of Thieves.

Heist movie, Flawed? Sure. Contrived? Oh yeah. Overlong? Yup. That said, I still enjoyed it. Silly, but entertaining silliness. Surprisingly, Gerard Butler plays the lead and isn't shite. I need to be fair, I can't stand the guy but he is ok in this. Worst part is the ending. For some reason they added "a twist" to the ending which was totally unnecessary - and ultimately quite stupid.

Roman J. Israel Esq

Beforehand I felt that Denzel Washington playing the lead role, a socially inept, know all lawyer, would be a mistake. Better I felt, to cast an unknown or rising actor. Hands up, I got that wrong. Washington is excellent in the role in which his character is in virtually every scene. Though I enjoyed the film, I did find myself checking my watch before the end. At 2hr 2mins I don't suppose it is overlong in reality but it did feel like it went on a bit. 7/10.

Watched Rise of the Footsoldier... was somewhat entertaining.

Spoiled a bit by the hilarious Nicola Sturgeon wig one of the main characters wore right the way through it.

I'll give it a solid 4/10

Also watched Dead Man's Shoes, which was spoiled by being a bit shite.

2/10.

Gave Wild Bill a viewing. That was pretty fucking depressing.

3/10

Watched Rise of the Footsoldier... was somewhat entertaining.

Spoiled a bit by the hilarious Nicola Sturgeon wig one of the main characters wore right the way through it.

I'll give it a solid 4/10

Also watched Dead Man's Shoes, which was spoiled by being a bit shite.

2/10.

Gave Wild Bill a viewing. That was pretty fucking depressing.

3/10

Dead man's shoes is great

Saw that 12 Strong earlier this week. Thought it was pretty good, an easy watch with plenty action and nothing that requires any real thinking about. - 7/10

Saw Den of Thieves last night. About as mediocre a film as you're likely to see. 5/10

Being dragged to see 50 shades by the missus tonight. Was dragged to see the first 2 as well. They were pathetically bad, so i'm expecting much of the same this time round. Might take a few beers in to help pass the time.

The 15:17 To Paris.

Short version - HORSESHIT.

If you need more....

It's not even about the attempted terrorist attack on the titular train journey. It tracks the uninteresting lives of the three American childhood friends from the day they met at school until the events which led to them being on the train where they would perform their act of heroism. The action on the train lasts all of about 3 minutes and then they get a medal. Hard to believe Clint Eastwood has even watched his own movie and thought it worthy of release. 100% would be my nomination for this years Golden Raspberry awards. Absolute turkey. 1/10.

Saw that 12 Strong earlier this week. Thought it was pretty good, an easy watch with plenty action and nothing that requires any real thinking about. - 7/10

Saw Den of Thieves last night. About as mediocre a film as you're likely to see. 5/10

Being dragged to see 50 shades by the missus tonight. Was dragged to see the first 2 as well. They were pathetically bad, so i'm expecting much of the same this time round. Might take a few beers in to help pass the time.

For some reason 12 Strong isn't on at the Showcase which is my local cinema. Pretty pissed off about that as I wanted to see it. I'd sooner go to a Tory party conference than watch the 50 Shades pish.

Was in seeing that 15:17 to Paris.

Cracking idea having the people play themselves but some awful acting to go along with it.

5/10

Curious Razor. What was it you saw in it to get as high as 5/10? I gave it a 1 for the on train action but the rest of it was like watching paint dry.