Grays Babylon 1875

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts
  • Joined 27-May 16

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

Get Out.

Young black fella gets invited to his white girlfriends families home for the weekend and proceeds to rob them and kill them before fleeing in a stolen police car with his mate (also black) at the end. 

Meh. 

Hibernian FC from the Capital.   :trophy:

#6153 ONLINE   RAZOR

RAZOR

Bird > Word

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,143 posts
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

1 star rating in the Metro today. Absolutely panned it.

Some free paper that homeless folk use as a blanket?

King Arthur was good.

“When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”

#6154 OFFLINE   elephantstone78

elephantstone78

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

I was barely following the story.  It's not the kind of film I am interested in to be honest.  I only went cos there was nowt else on in the flicks and it's a distraction from hoors and hooch.  

Just rewatched Dead Mans Shoes.  Classic film.  The 2 best scenes with Richard.  The one at the start in the cafe when he goes 'you, ya cunt' to Herbie the dealer, and the scene when Sonny squares up to him in the street.  Paddy Considine is superb.   Superb English countryside scenery and music too.   Cheyne Stoking !!   
Gonna rewatch A Room For Romeo Brass now.   Considine brilliant in that as well.  A younger, tidier, almost unrecognisable Vicki McClure with long hair in it too.  'Oh Ladene.... Ladeeeene... Ladeeeene.'

Years ago I bought or was bought a Shane meadows box set. He does gritty realism as well as the greats: loach and Leigh. Wonderful storytelller bit thin on lighthearted whimsy though.

Just watched worst film I have ever seen. Greasy strangler. -7/10
Genuinely horrendous black comedy
Like a night out with homeless people. In Dundee.
This film seemed to involve a father and son with prosthetic penises (Dad's large son's tiny) competing for the love of a fat girl with a fake huge hairy mufter and making each other so jealous they would go through a car wash and then strangle people. They kill her at the end and eat her eyeballs. I genuinely thought someone had spiked my tea and I was hallucinating. Bizarrely Elijah wood and Ben Wheatley were producers.
Students will probably love this shit and it will end up attaining an unwarranted cult status.
It has knocked that film with Adam sander playing a guy and his sister with al Pacino in it into 2nd place and white chicks into third.

#6155 OFFLINE   The Buzzard

The Buzzard

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Joined 19-November 16

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

Some free paper that homeless folk use as a blanket?

King Arthur was good.

Only passing on the info as I read it.

#6156 ONLINE   granite sheep

granite sheep

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Joined 14-January 11

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

Why do the actors who play James Bond never get killed off in their last appearance in the roll as the super spy.

​Would make a great ending to the Bond films.

:happy: 

I'd like to see this too- would put a decent spin on the whole franchise if it's revealed that "James Bond" is merely a codename used along with the 007 number. Makes sense if they ever get around to having a black Bond.
JESUS SAVES- But Rooney nets the rebound!!

"We poison our air and water to weed out the weak! We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere! We nailed our God to a stick! Don't fuck with the human race!"

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users