Formartine Vs U20's

Sheerin "Do you want on the plane to Spain to be part of the 3rd round 2nd leg game - you wont be on the bench or pitch but you would gain experience being away with the lads or would you like to play formantine in the cup"

rushing of feet to grab passports

(sorry, but I find it hard to get excited about a competition that's all about allowing Celtic and Sevco to say their is a precedent in them playing cross border)

So should our u20s be expecting to win this and if they don't is that a damming statement for our youth development in general? When I see Spanish youth sides playing in their third tier and hear of our sides getting battered by Turra I do wonder if that should really be happening.

Sheerin "Do you want on the plane to Spain to be part of the 3rd round 2nd leg game - you wont be on the bench or pitch but you would gain experience being away with the lads or would you like to play formantine in the cup"

rushing of feet to grab passports

(sorry, but I find it hard to get excited about a competition that's all about allowing Celtic and Sevco to say their is a precedent in them playing cross border)

The mentality should be (and probably is) a match every time.

• Upvote 1

exactly chewie, sad fact is some are just so paranoid and obsessed with agendas about other teams they are blinded.

Should make an interesting game and chance for the Younger players to get some experience, win win for me IMO especially when some greet and moan about players never getting much chances to get experience, guess you can never win with some.

Why? It's an U20 match, how many of the U20s will even be in our European squad?

Last season

Shkendija (A) 1 Subs

Shkendija (H) 2 Subs

Rijeka (A) 3 Subs

Rijeka (H) 2 Subs

Almaty (A) 3 subs

Almaty (H) 2 Subs

So can expect 2 or 3 players in the match day squad - I would assume that a further 2 or 3 will travel but not be named (you don't travel to the other side of the world with only 18 players we name a 25 man squad I would expect that most of that squad would travel

so between 3 and 5 of the U20 Squad and it will be the current "On form" players that will make the match day squad