Brexit And Scottish Football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36620201

Anyone considered this? Could this mean the likes of Adam Rooney and Jonny Hayes would have to apply for a work permit when it comes to the extension of contracts? Will the rules be 'watered down' to players failing to meet work permit criteria?

Its the bbc mate they are lying bastards

Norway and Switzerland manage just fine

Its the bbc mate they are lying bastards

Norway and Switzerland manage just fine

Norway and Switzerland are both signed up to freedom of movement and the common market. The UK will not be signing up to either, no point, the vote is out, there's no comparison.

Unless there is some sort of agreement that means people that are already working here have the freedom to carry on working here then players all over the country will have to go elsewhere. Most wont meet visa requirements unless the FA and SFA change the goalposts and can also work whatever visa system whatever government is in place puts in place when we leave the EU.

Norway and Switzerland are both signed up to freedom of movement and the common market. The UK will not be signing up to either, no point, the vote is out, there's no comparison.

Unless there is some sort of agreement that means people that are already working here have the freedom to carry on working here then players all over the country will have to go elsewhere. Most wont meet visa requirements unless the FA and SFA change the goalposts and can also work whatever visa system whatever government is in place puts in place when we leave the EU.

The top boy at the EU said we can't join the single market if we leave.

Irish have never been treated as proper foreign in the UK - they'll be fine. They'll also have retired by the time anything gets done.

had been mentioned before in amongst the scare stories

Worst case is they would NOT be able to pay as they would need a work permit and wouldn't qualify for one

Hopefully though in the two years some sensible discussions are going to tae place over a raft of subjects.

However it is likely to make clubs think about buying Non UK players until there is some clarity

Rules for foreigners, non EU folk, currently - play in 75% of your full international matches over a 24 month period and you'll get a work permit.

Be interesting change if this was applied to players within the EU.

Would be a FAR FAR bigger shock to the english premier league, championship and league one than it would be to Scottish premiership though

Rules for foreigners, non EU folk, currently - play in 75% of your full international matches over a 24 month period and you'll get a work permit.

Be interesting change if this was applied to players within the EU.

Would be a FAR FAR bigger shock to the english premier league, championship and league one than it would be to Scottish premiership though

In that case I'm all for leaving............

Thats the Hearts transfer policy screwed. Mr Levein must have been foaming at the mouth due to last nights result. Derek McInnes was ahead of the game signing only domestic players. Boys a genius.

Can only benefit the Scottish national team.

Not sure how, Strachan only plays Championship players with Scottish grandparents. Having no jonnys in the SPFL wont make one bit of difference to that.

Not sure how, Strachan only plays Championship players with Scottish grandparents. Having no jonnys in the SPFL wont make one bit of difference to that.

I'd hope it would. I get your point however with less foreign players in Britain it would allow Scottish players a greater chance of playing regularly in the likes of England if they are not already. English clubs will target more players from Scotland as a result. The makeup of the Scottish national side consists of a few bench warmers for teams playing in the Championship or EPL. The likes of Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers (Particularly the latter) have built teams that have more foreigners than scots. Any change that allows young Scottish players the chance to feature more often for their club can only but benefit the Scottish national side. I do think this will work out well for England more so than ourselves and you may see a drastic improvement in their national side. I just hope we can see a marked improvement on the standard of Scottish footballers and within our national side. Maybe then we'll actually qualify for a major tournament or two.

I seriously doubt that any significant number of international workers will be unable to get work permits let alone footballers, so not exactly going to lose sleep over it. The day after the referendum the Brexit camp have already admitted that there won't be any significant change in immigration, just a change in the type of controls.

At the end of the day it was a right wing power grab, nothing really to do with the campaign claims. Mark my words (or don't actually, not sure I'm that fussed)