#61 OFFLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,059 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Going by McInnes's comments tonight at the season ticket holders event in the RDS, I doubt Arnie will start v Fartz this weekend

A very dramatic build up for very little...
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#62 OFFLINE   sooth_stander

sooth_stander

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:53 AM

Surely the words " there's nothing sinister" should be in quotes as well? 

Correct. Should have been.

However, going by his reply to me, if he's still deemed not fit enough, why did he come off the bench v the Cypriots, and why did he indeed start v Hamiton 10 days later? Or did the manager need to see him in 1st team action to allow him to make that assesment? Wouldn't have thought so. And why, then,  hasn't he started an U20 game lately, pre the international break?

Whilst there may indeed be "nothing sinister", the only conclusion to be drawn is that the Iceman is not cutting it in training during the week. Our defence has looked ropey even before the Partick game, plenty of requirement and necessity to have brought in Kari weeks ago.

Edited by sooth_stander, 08 September 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#63 OFFLINE   Donnet

Donnet

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Joined 01-June 17

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Correct. Should have been.

However, going by his reply to me, if he's still deemed not fit enough, why did he come off the bench v the Cypriots, and why did he indeed start v Hamiton 10 days later? Or did the manager need to see him in 1st team action to allow him to make that assesment? Wouldn't have thought so. And why, then,  hasn't he started an U20 game lately, pre the international break?

Whilst there may indeed be "nothing sinister", the only conclusion to be drawn is that the Iceman is not cutting it in training during the week. Our defence has looked ropey even before the Partick game, plenty of requirement and necessity to have brought in Kari weeks ago.

What did McInnes say to these follow up questions when you were in the room with him?

#64 OFFLINE   Donnet

Donnet

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Joined 01-June 17

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

P.S Arnason isn't playing cause he's shite.

#65 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,132 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

I think a lot of people look back on Arnason's season here with rose tinted specs on. We were utterly rotten back then, wouldn't be hard to look half decent. 

#66 OFFLINE   NPRC

NPRC

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

I think a lot of people look back on Arnason's season here with rose tinted specs on. We were utterly rotten back then, wouldn't be hard to look half decent. 

A lot of people have also seen him go on and play excellent at a higher level than the SPFL since that season.

Posted Image

#67 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 24,674 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

Think we failed to win 22 of the games he played when he was here and looked average/slightly better than those around him.

A lot of people have also seen him go on and play excellent at a higher level than the SPFL since that season.

Rubbish, it's a small sample size, at the very most some of our fans have seen him play 5 games at the most.

A sad sad post-teen

#68 OFFLINE   NPRC

NPRC

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

Think we failed to win 22 of the games he played when he was here and looked average/slightly better than those around him.

Rubbish, it's a small sample size, at the very most some of our fans have seen him play 5 games at the most.

So if they've seen him play five games at a far higher level than we play, and excel in them, in addition to him being above average last time he played for us, then that's not sufficient?

Posted Image

#69 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • 27,132 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Not saying he's a bad player, just saying I can see why he's not an automatic pick. He'll get his fair share of minutes during the season. 

#70 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 24,674 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

So if they've seen him play five games at a far higher level than we play, and excel in them, in addition to him being above average last time he played for us, then that's not sufficient?

he didn't excel in them, had he not said that horrible quote no cunt would've cared about him, was he excelling when his team shipped 16 goals in the champions league?

A sad sad post-teen

#71 OFFLINE   NPRC

NPRC

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Well, I'm going to say losing 8-0 to Real Madrid is an outlier, and go yes. Don't imagine O'Connor or Reynolds would keep a clean sheet against Shakhtar.

Posted Image

#72 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,175 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Arnason isn't a world beater.  Never has been.  He's better than Mark Reynolds though.

Edited by BWG, 08 September 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#73 OFFLINE   robbojunior

robbojunior

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

Arnason isn't a world beater.  Never has been.  He's better than Mark Reynolds though.

Is the correct answer.

#74 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

'Nothing sinister' seems like an odd turn of phrase. It suggests something sinister's afoot.

#75 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,953 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:55 AM

Kari is the general. End of.

#76 OFFLINE   robbojunior

robbojunior

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:01 AM

'Nothing sinister' seems like an odd turn of phrase. It suggests something sinister's afoot.

Lol.

What would be a better phase? "Something sinister"?

#77 OFFLINE   shooftahmooftah

shooftahmooftah

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined 13-September 14

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

Why don't you lot get over the arneson saga. You sound like a bunch of old woman with sliver running down your chins that have f---- all to do except discuss all the soaps on TV. He is 35 and obviously not up to it anymore and Mcinnes sees this move on.

#78 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Why don't you lot get over the arneson saga.

Who?

You really are a bit of a tit aren't you?

#79 OFFLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

Why don't you lot get over the arneson saga. You sound like a bunch of old woman with sliver running down your chins that have f---- all to do except discuss all the soaps on TV. He is 35 and obviously not up to it anymore and Mcinnes sees this move on.

'Sliver down your chins'... amusing comment by you.

"Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be

But now is not the time to cry now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

#80 OFFLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Definitely elements of rose tinted glasses with Arnason. He was a slightly above average player in a poor Aberdeen team and mainly played central midfield. this was also 6 years ago. Yes. He had a good tournament last summer with Iceland at centre back but most of us have probably not seen much of him over the last few years outwith the odd international game.

I think we need to be realistic. He's going to be a squad player. The signing of Ball makes it even harder for him.

#81 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,660 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

he didn't excel in them, had he not said that horrible quote no cunt would've cared about him, was he excelling when his team shipped 16 goals in the champions league?

He marked Ronaldo out the game at euros?

#82 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 24,674 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:05 PM

He marked Ronaldo out the game at euros?

an injured Ronaldo

A sad sad post-teen

#83 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,660 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

an injured Ronaldo

Lol

#84 OFFLINE   CalgaryDon

CalgaryDon

MontrealDon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

http://www.dailyreco...ourite-11144866

Daily Record making note of Arnason's lack of game time. 

#85 OFFLINE   OddJob

OddJob

Goldfinger's main man

• Moderators
  • 9,959 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:00 PM

http://www.dailyreco...ourite-11144866

Daily Record making note of Arnason's lack of game time. 

Must be a slow news day for the cunts

#86 OFFLINE   sooth_stander

sooth_stander

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

I think the Record piece is bang on. So many unanswered questions. If he's a spent force, why did we take him here, paying money for him too, apparently? Wouldn't reflect at all well on our management, if indeed that is the case.

Signing was out of character straight from the off by McInnes, given the player's nationality.

One thing that I do know was that he picked up an injury the thursday before the Dundee game. I was at the club shop that day and he was limping badly, into the players entrance, coming back from training at dinnertime, so I was stunned that he even made the bench for the game two days later.

It smacks of Callum Morris and Miles Storey. The Pittodrie Bermuda Triangle

Edited by sooth_stander, 11 September 2017 - 12:13 PM.

#87 OFFLINE   GDON21

GDON21

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Apparently Arnie has been struggling with a back injury not long after joining. He has been kept in reserve as a precaution until it clears up. Nothing serious but I believe Iceland weren't aware of the issue and he had some trouble after there first game hence the reason he was dropped for the 2nd game. He played well that first game for them so it wasn't down to his performance.

#88 OFFLINE   V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

Director of Football

• Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Apparently Arnie has been struggling with a back injury not long after joining. He has been kept in reserve as a precaution until it clears up. Nothing serious but I believe Iceland weren't aware of the issue and he had some trouble after there first game hence the reason he was dropped for the 2nd game. He played well that first game for them so it wasn't down to his performance.

Source?

I hope this is true, don't want the big guy to be a flop signing.

#89 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,824 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

@ rumpus you are wrong. Facts ^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dads Weekly Treble - Season 2018-19 Tracker
Won: 1
Lost: 10 (2 Guest)
Amount Spent: £55.00
Amount Won: £55.55

The First Official Dads Weekly Treble Winning Treble

DWT121018 (Portsmouth, Exeter City, MK Dons)

DRS5 as always people - frustration at the amount won, is better than the heartache at the amount lost.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#90 OFFLINE   Old manny

Old manny

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Joined 05-July 17

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

He took a couple of hefty challenges in the last ten minutes of the Finland game when Iceland were pressing for the equaliser. Up until then he was getting up and down the pitch okay. This has probably set back his progress a little and the reason Iceland did not risk him in the second match. He is a class act and Derek will not play him until he feels he is totally fit. Then and only then is the time for the fans to judge whether he is past his best or not. 

IT'S YOUR ROUND CUNT!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users