Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

I don't get this.

Are you suggesting that clubs who generate more income because they have a much larger fan base should be handicapped?

Yes.

Although it wouldn't be a handicap, as everyone would have the same amount of money to spend. So the best run teams should still be successful more often than not.

The current system places a handicap on teams who don't have much money.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 27 October 2017 - 04:51 PM.

Bryce, I gotta get bigger man

#62 ONLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

That's not what's happening. Everyone is there to see two teams, without two teams, there can be no game. We're splitting the profits from the game equally between the two participants. 

Pretty simple concept to grasp. I'm unsure why you can't do so.

I can grasp the concept perfectly.

Not sure why you would suggest something so completely unrealistic though.

Edited by Reed or deed, 27 October 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#63 ONLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Yes.
Although it wouldn't be a handicap, as everyone would have the same amount of money to spend. So the best run teams should still be successful more often than not.
The current system places a handicap on teams who don't have much money.

A novel idea Ernie.

Maybe you could suggest it on the Smelltic or Sevcos fan forums.

#64 ONLINE   1903Fitba

1903Fitba

Suck a dick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • Joined 23-June 14

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Mcginn is coming home. Fact.

#65 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Im well aware theyre miles better but I dont accept the team going out set up to get beat with a blatant air of resignation.

?
They're miles better.....but McInness has a team assembled that should beat them?

Sound logic there.

#66 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

?
They're miles better.....but McInness has a team assembled that should beat them?
Sound logic there.

Never once have I said they should beat them you rim tickling poltis. They should have had a go. I understand a claustrophobic hermit like yourself could misinterpret what I wrote.

#67 ONLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

No. It takes two teams to play a game of football. The fair way would be therefore to split gate receipts 50:50 after all costs. 

Clubs with larger stadiums and supports would still benefit due to getting 50% of a much larger number every 2nd week but we would at least somewhat level the playing field somewhat. 

Fairness and equality isn't "handicapping" big clubs.

How would that work, most of the crowd have season books. Are you suggesting the arsecheeks hand over season book revenue? And it's a two way thing, are we gonna hand over season book takings to the likes of killie and county.

#68 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Never once have I said they should beat them

We should compete, not win though.

Ah, right...basically you don't know what the fuck you are on about?

That's ok, clueless, haiverin cunt it is then.

#69 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

Are you real min, probably half jaket after 2 shandies and a bag o wine gums. It’s abundantly clear I mean we shouldn’t necessarily beat Celtic but at least fucking try.

I’ll take clueless haivering cunt, over an asexual, librarian any day you grotesque sap.

#70 ONLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

Are you real min, probably half jaket after 2 shandies and a bag o wine gums. It’s abundantly clear I mean we shouldn’t necessarily beat Celtic but at least fucking try.
I’ll take clueless haivering cunt, over an asexual, librarian any day you grotesque sap.

Absolutely right, always go down fighting.
It's amazing how far you can go with grit and organisation and the right fuckin lineup.

#71 ONLINE   Tommy

Tommy

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,597 posts
  • Joined 04-September 06

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Absolutely right, always go down fighting.
It's amazing how far you can go with grit and organisation and the right fuckin lineup.

The worst that could have happened if we had a real go was that we lost.
We didn’t and it was the manner of the defeat that pissed many off.

#72 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

A novel idea Ernie.

Doubt they'd go for it.

Scottish football shouldnt be about 2 teams, and the other 40 teams shouldnt need their permission.

I'm no tyrant though, if the old firm don't want to take part, they can find somewhere else to play.

Yeah we'll have to downgrade. But it's all relative.

Aston Villa had some very talented players in the last 3 or 4 years they were in the EPL but their fans were fucking miserable, because they were getting horsed.

But my initial point was that Celtic are far superior and that is not McInnes' fault.

People say we performed poorly and perhaps we did. But the notion that moving Shinnie to left back etc would have made any real difference is wishful thinking.

Other teams have done well by catching Celtic on an off day (and usually still lose). They were on it, on Wednesday night.

I get frustrated when I see our best manager since Fergie getting lambasted for falling foul of circumstances that are created by finance, not tactics.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 28 October 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#73 OFFLINE   YorkDon

YorkDon

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined 06-June 17

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:23 AM

I get frustrated when I see our best manager since Fergie getting lambasted for falling foul of circumstances that are created by finance, not tactics.

Falling foul of circumstances you can do nothing about,however football basics he should quite rightly be called out on.
Changing a settled back 4 that hadnt lost a goal and bring in a player that shites it against Celtic??? We arent allowed to criticise an absolutely mental decision like that?

Some of the reaction to Wednesday is OTT,but why cant we criticise the man for picking the wrong side,and the wrong tactics?

If we had really set up to have a go like he reckons,we would have played the likes of Wright-young,fearless and not afraid to run at them.
To start Rooney,is again,a mental decision.He isnt a run his bollocks off and harass the back 4 player.

Celtic are our bogey team,but then they are everyone elses too!Its the manner of the loss that irks most people tho.

Edited by YorkDon, 28 October 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#74 ONLINE   Ernie McCracken

Ernie McCracken

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Falling foul of circumstances you can do nothing about,however football basics he should quite rightly be called out on.
Changing a settled back 4 that hadnt lost a goal and bring in a player that shites it against Celtic??? We arent allowed to criticise an absolutely mental decision like that?

Some of the reaction to Wednesday is OTT,but why cant we criticise the man for picking the wrong side,and the wrong tactics?

If we had really set up to have a go like he reckons,wed have played the likes of Wright-young,fearless and not afraid to run at them.
To start Rooney,is again,a mental decision.He isnt a run his bollocks off and harass the back 4 player.

Celtic are our bogey team,but then they are everyone elses too!Its the manner of the loss that irks most people tho.

I assume the player who shites it against celtic is Considine?

People see what they want to see. Everyone wanted Rooney and Considine not to start and Wed and they did.

Low and behold everyone starts screaming that rooney and Considine were the main problem. But the whole team was chasing shadows.

Watch the goals again. They had fuck all to do with Considine, but apparently it was a major mistake by McInnes to play him.

The accusation is that he gets ripped a new arse by Rogic, but they even showed the lc final goal before the game and it was Shinnie who was at fault. The very man people want to go to left back to neutralise this threat.

Simply put, whilst McInnes is not perfect and like anyone else can make mistakes, having watched the game I'm not convinced that the mistakes people say he made were mistakes and the so called "what he should have done" solutions make far too many simplistic assumptions.

We saw last season after the first home game, everyone frothing at the mouth because maddison didn't play. It was so simple play maddison and go for it and we'll take these cunts.

Well, we got our wish in the league cup final and soon found out it wasn't as simple as that.

People should be pissed off with Wed night, but we should be directing our anger at the league, not the manager.

Edited by Ernie McCracken, 28 October 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#75 OFFLINE   robbojunior

robbojunior

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Fuck off

#76 OFFLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

Don't mix your words @ebbe hahaha.

"Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be

But now is not the time to cry now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

#77 OFFLINE   robbojunior

robbojunior

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

People see what they want to see. Everyone wanted Rooney and Considine not to start and Wed and they did.

Low and behold everyone starts screaming that rooney and Considine were the main problem. But the whole team was chasing shadows.

Watch the goals again. They had fuck all to do with Considine, but apparently it was a major mistake by McInnes to play him.

The accusation is that he gets ripped a new arse by Rogic, but they even showed the lc final goal before the game and it was Shinnie who was at fault. The very man people want to go to left back to neutralise this threat.

Simply put, whilst McInnes is not perfect and like anyone else can make mistakes, having watched the game I'm not convinced that the mistakes people say he made were mistakes and the so called "what he should have done" solutions make far too many simplistic assumptions.

We saw last season after the first home game, everyone frothing at the mouth because maddison didn't play. It was so simple play maddison and go for it and we'll take these cunts.

Well, we got our wish in the league cup final and soon found out it wasn't as simple as that.

People should be pissed off with Wed night, but we should be directing our anger at the league, not the manager.

Don't worry I'm sure everyone is equally aware of the fact the league is a total rigged game with all the cash going to one club.

But we can still be critical of the manager. We may well have got pumped 3-0 regardless of the tactics or team selection but mcinnes would have got a much easier ride if he hadn't set up in a way that we spent most of the game sitting in our own half allowing them to walk the ball into our final third.

At 3-0 down I was glad to see Shinnie chasing down their centre backs and goalie because it looked like he gave a fuck. Why was shinnie the only guy on the park doing this?

#78 OFFLINE   YorkDon

YorkDon

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined 06-June 17

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

I agree that had Shinnie played at left back and Wright had started,Rooney not played etc it might have made no difference at all.However why change a back 4 that hadnt lost a goal for 3 games?Is this not basic stuff??
Obviously he wanted Shinnie in the middle of the park for someone to try and match up with Brown,but at the expense of arguably weakening our defence,no?

#79 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

The back 4 should have remained intact, there's no doubt that was a big mistake. A left back or central midfielder should have been brought in instead of Ball before the transfer window closed

#80 ONLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

A novel idea Ernie.

I've always thought that sharing 50% of the away gate would be a fair solution.

There would have to be something in the SPFL constitution in regards minimum % of away fans to stop teams limiting away teams allocation and stifling income i.e. 850 tickets at Ibrox.

#81 OFFLINE   Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Tomfoolery, buffoonery & nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,595 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

This thread is for exclusives, if any of you fucking idiots who seem to think you’re Managers want to talk tactics please take your pish elsewhere.
Support real fitba not the EPL

#82 ONLINE   Reed or deed

Reed or deed

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Joined 23-September 15

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

This thread is for exclusives, if any of you fucking idiots who seem to think you’re Managers want to talk tactics please take your pish elsewhere.

Another great exclusive brought to you by captain caveman.

#83 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 28 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Another great exclusive brought to you by captain caveman.

I doubt he could exclusively reveal, the next time he needs a shite. Comes across as someone with irregular bowel movements, and limited control of said vital organ.

Edited by ebbe, 28 October 2017 - 05:33 PM.

#84 ONLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 15,894 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

so is mclean still going to ibrox now pedro is sacked? surely Dougie Freedman or whoever will want his own players.

COYR!

#85 OFFLINE   Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Tomfoolery, buffoonery & nonsense

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,595 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

I doubt he could exclusively reveal, the next time he needs a shite. Comes across as someone with irregular bowel movements, and limited control of said vital organ.

Regular as clockwork, every day at 8AM. Bit concerned you’re thinking of my anus opening. Strange country bumpkin that you are
Support real fitba not the EPL

#86 OFFLINE   Reliablesource

Reliablesource

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  • Joined 21-May 17

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Its abundantly clear I mean we shouldnt necessarily beat Celtic but at least fucking try.

Hahaha.....right, you think competing means trying then?

Tbh, it's never abundantly clear what the fuck you or your other account posts mean. Usually just ranting pish. You do realise that though, eh?

Edited by Reliablesource, 29 October 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#87 OFFLINE   ebbe

ebbe

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,186 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Hahaha.....right, you think competing means trying then?
Tbh, it's never abundantly clear what the fuck you or your other account posts mean. Usually just ranting pish. You do realise that though, eh?

Always 100% accurate though, when they’re aimed at you. Cheers.

#88 OFFLINE   cruzcampo3

cruzcampo3

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Joined 03-December 14

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:40 PM

so is mclean still going to ibrox now pedro is sacked? surely Dougie Freedman or whoever will want his own players.

Yup as McIness rates him

Ally Begg and The 2014 fans are killing this club

#89 OFFLINE   Parklife

Parklife

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Joined 16-December 13

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

How would that work, most of the crowd have season books. Are you suggesting the arsecheeks hand over season book revenue? And it's a two way thing, are we gonna hand over season book takings to the likes of killie and county.

I'll do an equation for you

Total revenue from tickets sales for the match - matchday costs = Profit from match 

Profit from match / 2 = Share of revenue per team. 

I'm staggered that so many folk seem to think splitting the revenue of a football match between the two teams playing equally is a strange concept. 

#90 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 26,313 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

I'll do an equation for you

Total revenue from tickets sales for the match - matchday costs = Profit from match 

Profit from match / 2 = Share of revenue per team. 

I'm staggered that so many folk seem to think splitting the revenue of a football match between the two teams playing equally is a strange concept. 

Season ticket revenue not counted then?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users