Out Of Contract

• 3 weeks later...

Would be interested to know the wages bill currently vs last season. We saw in the figures a week or two ago, the wage bill went up last season compared to the season before but I felt like at the start of this season maybe the players coming in wouldn't be overall costing as much as the ones that left. And as such, there's still some slack in the budget that would be utilised in January (and that's before a few folk could possibly be moved on, although don't know how realistic that is).

But...could be wildly wrong and maybe we are already spending more than last season. But wouldn't mind knowing.

Would be interested to know the wages bill currently vs last season. We saw in the figures a week or two ago, the wage bill went up last season compared to the season before but I felt like at the start of this season maybe the players coming in wouldn't be overall costing as much as the ones that left. And as such, there's still some slack in the budget that would be utilised in January (and that's before a few folk could possibly be moved on, although don't know how realistic that is).

But...could be wildly wrong and maybe we are already spending more than last season. But wouldn't mind knowing.

Too many collecting what I'd assume was a decent wage and not even contributing at all, and struggling to make match day squads. 

Gleeson

Tansey

Forrester

McInnes' really needs to up his game in the transfer market, the list of outgoing vs incoming the last two years is shocking, and it's little wonder we find ourselves in the bottom 6.

• Upvote 2

Too many collecting what I'd assume was a decent wage and not even contributing at all, and struggling to make match day squads. 

Gleeson

Tansey

Forrester

McInnes' really needs to up his game in the transfer market, the list of outgoing vs incoming the last two years is shocking, and it's little wonder we find ourselves in the bottom 6.

Albeit injured. Add Reynolds to that list well. If fit, I still don't think he'd be getting a game just now.

January 2019

Max Lowe

June 2019

Tomas Cerny
Mark Reynolds
Andrew Considine
Graeme Shinnie
Gary Mackay-Steven
Frank Ross
Dominic Ball - also out of contract at Rotherham
Tommie Hoban -  also out of contract at Watford
James Wilson - also out of contract at Man Utd

June 2020

Joe Lewis
Danny Rogers
Shay Logan
Stephen Gleeson
Greg Tansey
Sam Cosgrove
Derek McInnes
Tony Docherty

June 2021

Michael Devlin
Chris Forrester
Scott Wright
Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan
Bruce Anderson
Niall McGinn
Stevie May

June 2022

Lewis Ferguson

June 2023

Scott McKenna

Waiting patiently for the GMS or Shinnie news.

If it's not the elephant in the room now then it will be after the next couple of contract extensions. I'd imagine Considine for one will be tied up in the next few weeks to a one or two year extension as he's been one of our best players this season. As mentioned previously Lowe and Ball extensions also not out of the question in January.

If it's not the elephant in the room now then it will be after the next couple of contract extensions. I'd imagine Considine for one will be tied up in the next few weeks to a one or two year extension as he's been one of our best players this season. As mentioned previously Lowe and Ball extensions also not out of the question in January.

Yikes. He's had a couple of very good games recently but has had a fairly poor season.

• Downvote 1

I think we’ll sign Ball on a permanent and probably Hoban to replace Reynolds (despite Hoban barely playing).

It's hard to imagine Hoban having a raft of offers to pick from so it might not be the worst idea but he doesn't look very clever at the moment with his three games - two of which he got injured in.

Edit to say .... THREE of which he got injured in.

I think we’ll sign Ball on a permanent and probably Hoban to replace Reynolds (despite Hoban barely playing).

Agree re Ball. Certainly seems to like it enough here. More than happy with him in the squad. Perfect player for 'game management' when you're 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go.

Check out @Record_Sport’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1071018562469400577?s=09

He might be a good player but if we have the power to terminate his loan in January then it's probably the best idea to do that.

Given Watford announced they have the power to terminate it then you'd expect it's mutual.

Feel sorry for Hoban.  From what little I saw of him, he looked like a quality player.

Injury record maybe suggests he's not cut out for a career in the game.... doubt there will be many queuing up to sign him.