New Stadium Approved

It does look really fucking basic doesn't it.

But then again I don't think 12m does really go that far tbh.

Having said that I've been to the Hibs facility and it's absolutely shite compared to our new one. Half of the Hibs one appears to be old cow sheds with a few five a side pitches jammed in. It's a fucking shambles.

So.. I suppose by Scottish Football standards this will be pretty good.

Let’s face it. It looks fucking shite and tiny.

Sure it was pointed out many times including by myself that everything looked small. Those rooms are tiny and look like prison cell windows. The gym is 1/3 the size of any health club. First team dressing room a box.

Let's see how functional it is in January with 90 mph winds blowing through the joint

Fucking hell, you must be a barrel of laughs to be around with your positive go ahead attitude.

Will it be better than training in a plethora of dog shit strewn public parks - aye.

Do we have the budget to build a training complex Barcelona would be envious of, no but what we are getting will be a hell of a step up on anything we have ever had and no doubt on a par with or even better than the vast majority of other professional football teams in the UK.

Just knock it off with them negative waves as someone once said.

• Upvote 3

Fucking hell, you must be a barrel of laughs to be around with your positive go ahead attitude.

Will it be better than training in a plethora of dog shit strewn public parks - aye.

Do we have the budget to build a training complex Barcelona would be envious of, no but what we are getting will be a hell of a step up on anything we have ever had and no doubt on a par with or even better than the vast majority of other professional football teams in the UK.

Just knock it off with them negative waves as someone once said.

:laughing:  :laughing:

Isnt this building only supposed to be for the first team until the stadium is built? Sure I read at the time of the planning application that first team would use this but would relocate into the stadium where there is much more space allocated for gym, warm up areas etc and it will be the same walking distance to the pitches as this will be. This building will be for the Academy players and AFCC trust to use.

Not arguing that it's great but which other Scottish Clubs have better facilities or even facilities that are comparable?

The Huns and Tims obviously but after that?

Hearts and Hibs - without blowing £12 million which they've used instead to rebuild their home.

We should have tied in with the Sports Village before it was built.

Let’s face it. It looks fucking shite and tiny.

Sure it was pointed out many times including by myself that everything looked small. Those rooms are tiny and look like prison cell windows. The gym is 1/3 the size of any health club. First team dressing room a box.

The theory is once phase 2 is complete. the first team offices and change rooms will be in the stadium. You would expect another gym too.

Hearts and Hibs - without blowing £12 million which they've used instead to rebuild their home.

Have you been to Hibs? I think our facility is on a different level to Hibs.

The Oriam is a great facility which Hearts use but they don't own it.

The facility looks a long way off being finished going by the footage but surely it'll have to be ready by 31st October when SAF opens it?

Well Hibs is a farm. Literally it's some old farm buildings and a number of basic pitches. When you drive into it it's like driving into a farmyard. I've seen nothing there to suggest it's anywhere near custom built like this one. Next time I'm there I'll take photos.

Hearts I'm not sure, where is there's? It can't be the Omnium because that's not custom built for hearts and they don't own it as far as i know and it's a multi sport facility used to home Basketball and all sorts. Do they have something else out at Riccarton?

Someone who knows these facilities more intimately can set me straight but I suspect both are pretty basic and not what will have been hyped up in he media.

https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/edinburgh/sports.htm

That's Oriam. Cost three times as much as our facility, although obviously Hearts don't own it, it must have been at least partially publicly funded so probably cost more than it should and Hearts won't have their run of the place and have to share it with loads of other people, clubs and associations.

Exactly.

The full size indoor pitch is great but it's not just for Hearts use and is heavily used by kids teams from all over the area. Other than that the only other bits of Oriam I've seen are the basketball courts etc.

It's not a football academy type facility at all imo.

Thats the bit that annoys me about not having an indoor pitch.  Its not like we'd need it 24/7 and, (clue is in the title) its not going to matter if others do heavily use it in the meantime. It would be there if we needed it when the inevitable shite weather does come and when people finally acknowledge that there's not a chance in hell that grassland at Kingsford is going to be as free draining as kings links.

Thats the bit that annoys me about not having an indoor pitch.  Its not like we'd need it 24/7 and, (clue is in the title) its not going to matter if others do heavily use it in the meantime. It would be there if we needed it when the inevitable shite weather does come and when people finally acknowledge that there's not a chance in hell that grassland at Kingsford is going to be as free draining as kings links.

:hysterical:  Not this old chesnut again