Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

Probably an added bonus of only playing each team twice a season and putting yourself in the shop window for the bigger teams like Wanyama did.

Yip spot on. Van Dijk is probably the best example. I'd imagine he was on around £15k to £20k per week at Celtic. Probably £50k to £70k at Southampton and now not far off £200k per week at Liverpool.

Players like Dembele and Edouard realised that Celtic are a good launching pad for a possible EPL career because of the exposure they get, playing in CL and in front of big crowds under big pressure to win every single game. It's a great selling point that Celtic have to offer to very talented young foreign players. But that's all Celtic are to them a short term launching pad to move onto a far bigger stage and the riches that come with it.

Yip spot on. Van Dijk is probably the best example. I'd imagine he was on around £15k to £20k per week at Celtic. Probably £50k to £70k at Southampton and now not far off £200k per week at Liverpool.

Players like Dembele and Edouard realised that Celtic are a good launching pad for a possible EPL career because of the exposure they get, playing in CL and in front of big crowds under big pressure to win every single game. It's a great selling point that Celtic have to offer to very talented young foreign players. But that's all Celtic are to them a short term launching pad to move onto a far bigger stage and the riches that come with it.

And play the victim when a player (Dembele) is denied the move they were promised.

• 3 weeks later...

Sean Clare actually scores a goal!

Hearts fans better be prepared for an incoming £25m bid from Spurs tomorrow as they need an EPL quality player to replace the injured Harry Kane. I'm sure Spurs will eventually get their man.

He'll have to get that spiders nest on the side of his coupon sorted first

• Upvote 3

If st Johnstone make top six this season. As it stands 20% of theirs & Celtics remaining domestic games are against each other. Potentially more if they replay in cup & Celtic go out (reducing their number of remaining games) welcome to Scottish football where the same teams place each other every few weeks

Was it nae Motherwell last season?

Played 3 times in a row in league and cup.

Yeah, there was that but I thought there was another run of games 3 or 4 years ago where literally every game all month was Celtic vs Dundee Utd but I can't seem to find any trace of it actually happening. That can't be good.