Our Away Support

Today is the first time I've ever seen people sitting in the away end at Tynecastle. It is embarrassing and our once great away support is now crap.

Too many old people, too may AberDNA types and happy clappers.

Time for the rest of the support to take a stand, literally, and tell the rest of the away support to stand up and get behind the team - starting on Sunday.

If you want to sit in silence then do that in the Main Stand at home games, not at Hearts away.

So, by that logic it's the grips who add the most atmosphere?

• Upvote 1

Was near the front, over to the left. In that section, it was 2 hours of Dons fans non stop hurling abuse at the Hearts fans in earshot. And not in a fun banterous way, it was pretty vitriolic. Not sure some of us were even watching the game, seemed to be facing their fans, shouting the same two insults over and over the whole time.

That's personal preference over what kind of atmosphere you prefer at the football but I can assure you where I was, it was nothing like what's being described in this topic.

The wimmin at fitba thing... I've never seen them moan at me for standing or being a complete cunt at football. It tends to be the mannies.

Just saying like.

Men are more offended than fucking wimmin these days.

I'll be taking my girls on boxing day to football, and they'll laugh if people around them swear I'd imagine.

I'll be at the semi final with my missus whom I've learnt can be more offensive than me when it comes to the Huns.

Can never understand people that take their bird to football.

Its a boys day out.

• Upvote 3

Was near the front, over to the left. In that section, it was 2 hours of Dons fans non stop hurling abuse at the Hearts fans in earshot. And not in a fun banterous way, it was pretty vitriolic. Not sure some of us were even watching the game, seemed to be facing their fans, shouting the same two insults over and over the whole time.

That's personal preference over what kind of atmosphere you prefer at the football but I can assure you where I was, it was nothing like what's being described in this topic.

Anyone get a dart to the head ?

I'm sure when I helped run a bus from westhill you were on the bus sometimes. How many folk on that bus do you think would be dna members? When supporters buses could order 50 tickets and allocate to whoever they wanted then you got a support that was not "bland as shit".

You're the third person on this thread to now suggest that people who choose to donate to the club on a monthly basis to improve the transfer budget aren't interested in creating an atmosphere at the games.

No-one can answer how they've come to that conclusion.

• Upvote 1

You're the third person on this thread to now suggest that people who choose to donate to the club on a monthly basis to improve the transfer budget aren't interested in creating an atmosphere at the games.

No-one can answer how they've come to that conclusion.

I've noticed this as well.  I would love someone to explain the rationale behind this.

The accusation seems to be that if you donate monthly you are some sort of trainspotter type who is incapable of passionate support at away games .

It’s a theory not proven either way as of yet .

That was my initial thought... however, I immediately discounted it, as surely that is a completely absurd notion, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever? 

Only Aberdeen fans could find a way to criticise a lucrative revenue stream for the club... a donation scheme, which is effectively free money for our club!

The accusation seems to be that if you donate monthly you are some sort of trainspotter type who is incapable of passionate support at away games .

It’s a theory not proven either way as of yet .

DMA members who are passionate away supporters defend your virtue from these dreadful and unfounded accusations.

Well, breaking it down, the away support is full of AberDNA members and they don’t sing.

You're not breaking it down though... that's just paraphrasing.

Why is it AberDNA members do not sing and how would you go about proving it?  Is there a connection between donating to money to help your club and not singing at away matches?  As I mentioned, that seems quite absurd to me?  Boarderline paranoid and completely daft IMO.

If anything, I'd say fans who are driven to donate extra money to help their club, may be more inclined to exuberant behaviour at away matches.  That is a far more compelling argument, which has some logic and basis.

Utter Pish.

A more entertaining team to watch may encourage the loosening of the vocal chords.

Fuck all to do with people who choose to support the club with a monthly donation.

Vividly remember being at Ibrox with McGhee after losing 9-0 the week before, and the 500 there were blootered and sung almost the entire game. I have no idea what the score or how entertaining the team was.