Aberdeen 3 - 1 Motherwell

Hard to find any reasons to feel confident ahead of this one...

The match at Tynecastle was woeful.... and our home form has been even worse.  Some of our players look spent too.  Ferguson needs a spell to recharge the batteries.  The midfield needs shaken up anyway... too predictable and lacking in creativity with Shinnie and Ferguson in there. Cosgrove seems to have played himself out of form and Stewart is yet to find any form!  Not sure if GMS is fit, but he's been mince since his injury.

Motherwell have a few players who could really hurt us too.  Turnbull is a player that I really rate - still some way to go, but a terrific prospect.  They need this win too, to stay in the top 6 race.... we, on the other hand, seem to have just deflated.  I think we need freshing up... we look so predictable and easy to play against, at the moment.

4-0

McLennan will score.

Everyone all worried and disgruntled - buck up you wee arseholes haha mon.

DWQ in the background - a great day out.

Love the optimism but unfortunately I'm not confident at all. Going by the form since the winter break I'm predicting 2-1 Motherwell and for us to fall further down the table.

Hard to find any reasons to feel confident ahead of this one...

The match at Tynecastle was woeful.... and our home form has been even worse.  Some of our players look spent too.  Ferguson needs a spell to recharge the batteries.  The midfield needs shaken up anyway... too predictable and lacking in creativity with Shinnie and Ferguson in there. Cosgrove seems to have played himself out of form and Stewart is yet to find any form!  Not sure if GMS is fit, but he's been mince since his injury.

Motherwell have a few players who could really hurt us too.  Turnbull is a player that I really rate - still some way to go, but a terrific prospect.  They need this win too, to stay in the top 6 race.... we, on the other hand, seem to have just deflated.  I think we need freshing up... we look so predictable and easy to play against, at the moment.

I'd happily see Gleeson given a game to freshen things up and to prep for the SC semi-final (Shinnie is suspended) when we will surely need him?  Perhaps we introduce someone like Frank Ross who has played for us in big games before (home to rangers) with similar forethought.  But aside from issues of fitness and form and forthcoming suspensions we should be using our squad to tinker tactically and bring different qualities to the team.  Should we not have a playmaker-ballkeeper type that can kill a game by helping retain possession and play the time out? 

When you look at the squad it is little more than threadbare in some areas although I know nothing about our reserves.

It would be good to see a side next season with more options, particularly in midfield.

COYR

He should learn from last seasons mistakes and blood Gleeson in the next few games, or Campbell, whoever he's wanting to play. Otherwise, you've got a case of players coming in cold, as we did last semi final and we got horsed.

Can we not just learn the lesson that FnD is the only one who should start match threads?

Exactly. If everyone had ignored city centre & his lust for prematurely starting match threads & used my one we would have beaten Hearts.

I shall however happily pass on my good form of match thread percentages to the op of this one.

We will win this game surprisingly comfortably

• Upvote 1