Films

14 hours ago, Roberto said:

His latest one on Netflix is shite.

It's so shite I can't remember the name of it. New in the World or something like that.

I wouldn't recommend. It was terrible.

Unusual for Hanks.He usually seems to choose his films wisely.

Will probably swerve it on the strength of that Roberto.

Watched that News of the World the other night. 

Tom Hanks takes a kidnapped German bird back to her fam. 

slow, boring, could hardly understand Hanks in some bits. No tits. Really, don't bother with it. 

interestingly, when we put it on, she said 'I've always thought Tom Hanks looked like a pedo'. 

She hadn't heard of the Lolita express before 

On the BFI tab on Amazon Prime

The Beast

70's french art-erotica. A wild beast lurks in the grounds of a posh hoose, shagging the young tidy women. Lots of beastly ejaculations, chasing down young beautiful french girls. 

the whole opening scene is twa horses shagging, close ups of some lovely horse meat and ejaculations.

it was pretty funny. Worth skimming over once. 

Watched Seven earlier, Pitt, Freeman, Paltrow. Bored of Hollywood, will stick with erotica from now on. 

Hanz and Bri, any other recommendations? Sure you two are big into it 

55 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Watched Platoon last night for the first time in about 20 years. It is really , really shite. Willem Dafoe is good but that's about it. Utter shite. 

Conversely I caught a bit of Full Metal Jacket a few months back and thought more of it than originally 

8 minutes ago, Dad said:

I watched that war one with Brad Pitt there, Fury (Netflix) - the cunt from the first couple of seasons of the Walking Dead aswell; thought is a terrific watch. Hadnae even heard of the cunt. 

A film I wasn't even aware of until a few months ago, a right good watch aye. I struggle to name too many bad Brad Pitt movies to be honest - World War Z and thoan Ocean's 11 keech maybe

See that Jon Baird from the blue toon and director of 'Stan and Ollie' is currently shooting parts of his new film 'Tetris' in Aberdeen at the moment.

Using the Aberdeen uni Zoology building as a backdrop for cold war Soviet Russia. But given its location next to Tillydrone you don't exactly need a huge leap in imagination to see why he picked it!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Roberto said:

If you're thinking of watching Capone on Netflix cause it might seem interesting...

Trust me here, DON'T. 

It's absolutely shite. Shite also being what he does to himself throughout the film as well as smoke 50 cigars and freaks out a lot. Last year of his life and managed to make it almost 2 hours long. Fuck knows how, it's absolutely one of the worst films I recall Hardy ever doing.

Watched that a couple of nights ago.  You're right,  it was pish.  Hardy wasn't convincing as an ageing Capone,  totally miscast. Couldn't make out a word he was saying either. 

13 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Peppermint. 

Five years after her daughter and husband's brutal murder, a woman sets out to strengthen her body and mind so that she can bring justice to her family.

Another good crime, action, vigilante type thing.

Ive seen that, its pretty good.

Jennifer Garner is always easy on the eye, right enough!

Willy's Wonderland.  Horror/Comedy???????

When his car breaks down, a quiet loner agrees to clean an abandoned family fun center in exchange for repairs. He soon finds himself waging war against possessed animatronic mascots while trapped inside Willy's Wonderland.

Well, well.  Nicholas Cage is a shite film, who'd have guessed.  So bad it's actually absolutely average.  Probably enjoyed it more after it had finished than when actually wartching the fucker.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Beats on the iplayer. Fucking class. Few cunts on here will relate, Ultrasonic the opening music. Made me greet for my lost youth a bit. 

We're you into TTF and QTex?  I went to a TTF gig at the Barras about 92/93.  I still can't decide if it was brilliant or shite.  It was full on though ?