Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Hibernian V Aberdeen (2 - 0)

Be pleased to see if it is strongest XI.

The arguement is actually more to keep the fringe players involved than the actual arguement to rest the players that have been starting.

Like i've already said 2 x international break coming up

Exactly. We may need these fringe players so they need to be kept MATCH fit.

Not trying to win cups is akin to slamming a door on your penis repeatedly. Silly. This isn't England people - where cunts throw games because they'll get a few bangers extra in the coffers - this is scotland; a country where an extra thirty grand is a reason to pop the cork on a bottle of prosecko. Where players cast aside in England come to Scotland and immediately become international material. Winning this cup would have us all stroking our genitals with ferocious vigour. Cmon - let's out-sing these horrendous smelly hibs mankbags and march onward towards silverware! Yahooooo

• Upvote 1

Not trying to win cups is akin to slamming a door on your penis repeatedly. Silly. This isn't England people - where cunts throw games because they'll get a few bangers extra in the coffers - this is scotland; a country where an extra thirty grand is a reason to pop the cork on a bottle of prosecko. Where players cast aside in England come to Scotland and immediately become international material. Winning this cup would have us all stroking our genitals with ferocious vigour. Cmon - let's out-sing these horrendous smelly hibs mankbags and march onward towards silverware! Yahooooo

We rested players against Hamilton and Hearts, not because we think we're too good for them (which we were) but because it's a long season and we need to keep everyone as fresh as possible.

The same will happen against Hibs.

Guest RosemountRed

Who's not going to this mouthwatering clash, purely because they dont give a shinola about the league cup?

Hopefully no one, the fact we will take about 2,500 suggests not many have that attitude.

I don't understand this attitude towards the league cup. We have been severely lacking in the silverware department for the past18 years - we should be looking to take advantage of any opportunity to regain some. Thankfully we have a manager who appreciates the importance of this match and the potential to lift this cup.

I don't give a shit about the league cup. Still going though cos I give a shit about Aberdeen.

I'd watch them in a preseason friendly, so why not in a mid season one?

Come on fnd you're better than this.

The magic of a cup win is simply wondrous. The emotions experienced at tynecastle and parkhead in 2014 will stay with me forever. Cups are opportunities for players to become legends and as many have said with one trophy in the past 20 years I do not really think we are in a position to turn down opportunities to remedy this woeful stat.

Coyr

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want to win the leauge cup , it's laughable really , from years of shit teams and embarrassing cup exits we should be gunning to fill the cabinets with recent trophies to put down a marker and not look like a team that just goes on about the good old days . Hope he got his dohnuts this morning .

• Upvote 1