Aberdeen V Sevco (Post-Match Reaction)

Same as the last 2 or so years. Uninspiring pish. No spark, flair and pedestrian as fuck.  Who knows where the goals are coming from. 

What's even more annoying is the huns are also really pish.  Just have a go Derek min

On the slight plus side I thought Hernandez was decent and Edmondson looked okay when he came on.

• Upvote 1

Depressing. Waited over 4 months to be served up the same shite as before. 

The time on the ball that is given to Rangers / Celtic players at Pittodrie these days is difficult to watch. A tactical waving of the white flag

New lad looks like he has a bit about him, but fully expect long balls to be fired at him over the coming weeks

It was disgusting to watch. Pathetic.

Derek couldn’t give a flying fuck about what Cormack wants RE philosophy. Get him to fuck. He’s had months to think about a new approach, with a very good squad of players, and instead he serves up the same pish.

How he could ever think using Anderson as a lone striker, like he would Cosgrove or Main, was a plausible idea. Poor lad finally gets a chance and he’s chasing the ball 50 yards from goal.

The End. Cormack needs to make a huge decision and bin Mcinnes, then bring through Barry Robson, NOW.

23 minutes ago, Zeus said:

How was a'bodys virtual season ticket? 

Worked fine for me, mirrored from laptop onto TV. No cuts in the stream, lags etc. 

Pity the fitba was absolutely honking. 

Nae virtual season ticket, RedTV International for me, proobaly the same coverage?

Had a captain fest with Shinnie and Anderson as summarisers pre, post match and half time, with Hartley co commentating.

This approach def a turn for the better. As you say though, pity about the fucking rancid, defeatist approach on the pitch.

So I’m not going to get too hung up on that given that what we saw was precisely what I expected (And was chastised for saying so).  Derek trying to keep it respectable and hoping to nick something.  Trouble is, to do that you a/need the ball and b/ need to be in their half.  Just like Celtic, movement kills us.

Player wise Taylor and McKenna did ok, goal apart.  Simply weren’t match sharp as shown when Taylor spent the last 10 minutes playing everyone onside.  Hernandez did fine and deserves to continue.  Considine did very well I thought but we’re back to him being the high out ball again.

The conundrum is answered.  Derek is going to try and play Ojo and Ferguson together with Bryson in front.  Good to get 75 minutes out of Bryson but still a bit meh.  He’s no Maddison that’s for sure.  Could be the outfield captain we’ve been looking for though.

whilst that experiment kind of worked, Hayes and Kennedy didn’t.  Both talented players.  Will need a lot of work.  Interesting Derek blames the goal on Matty.

Can’t blame Anderson for that.

I will mention Deano.  Some cracking long range passes from him.

team will be judged against the St JohnstonS, not the Huns.  And vital we try to do something in Europe for the cash.

They obviously setup the same as they would with Main or Cosgrove up front as a loan striker, but they must know that Anderson doesn't play that role as well? Do they think the players can't adapt to changes after practicing one way for a while? Think the fact that when he made changes it was all like for like was frsutrating for everyone as he didn't seem to want to change tactics

7 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The conundrum is answered.  Derek is going to try and play Ojo and Ferguson together with Bryson in front.  Good to get 75 minutes out of Bryson but still a bit meh.  He’s no Maddison that’s for sure.  Could be the outfield captain we’ve been looking for though.

whilst that experiment kind of worked,

Found this bit interesting. I like OJo and Ferguson, but didn’t think it worked well at all. Which bit of the experiment do you think worked?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

Found this bit interesting. I like OJo and Ferguson, but didn’t think it worked well at all. Which bit of the experiment do you think worked?

We all expected Derek to try to pack in Bryson, Ferguson and Ojo.  He may even have tried to wedge in Mcgeouch as well.  There was a danger they’d all end up in the number 4 slot tripping over each other.  He avoided that by having Bryson* further forward.  From that respect it worked - as I said above I’ll decide when I see it against a less capable side when I’d much prefer to see a single CM with the other two pushed further forward.

Worked is maybe too strong.  Wasn’t a complete fuck up is maybe more accurate.

Didnt like the Hayes Kennedy thing going on in front of it though.  No fault of either player mind.

19 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

We all expected Derek to try to pack in Bryson, Ferguson and Ojo.  He may even have tried to wedge in Mcgeouch as well.  There was a danger they’d all end up in the number 4 slot tripping over each other.  He avoided that by having Bryson* further forward.  From that respect it worked - as I said above I’ll decide when I see it against a less capable side when I’d much prefer to see a single CM with the other two pushed further forward.

Worked is maybe too strong.  Wasn’t a complete fuck up is maybe more accurate.

Didnt like the Hayes Kennedy thing going on in front of it though.  No fault of either player mind.

Ok I see where you are going with it. I think ojo and Ferguson are very physical and I’m thankful those fucks didn’t bully us off the ball. But it doesn’t work having both of them for me, you need someone more comfortable on the ball and I think mcgeough or dean are more natural on the ball. It’s the same for McKenna, Taylor and considine. I thought they all defended well But so uncomfortable with the ball at feet. So easy to defend against that line up, you don’t need to press the back 4 just press the midfield, give the back 4 no option, and wait for Taylor to hoof it.

move Hayes to left back, and bring in Deano for ojo. Straight away you have a more balanced side, a little less physical, but much more possession. No comment on Bryson, given formation anyone at 10 or the lone striker was going to struggle.

Could tell how the game was going to go on the first 5 minutes. 

I've watched both his interviews for Sky and RedTV and I worry that Derek is seriously delusional. To stand there and not hold your hands up and admit fault after that performance is insulting to all Aberdeen fans. 

Not a single shot on target in a big game, not the first time and won't be the last. We looked unfit, underprepared, and bereft of ideas. I think the results have actually gotten worse since Cormack Park opened. 

4th two seasons in a row and still watching eye bleeding football. 

His praise and love in for Gerrard/the Rangers squad is pathetic. He's a yellow bellied, overpaid and overrated coward. 

Something needs to change. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Could tell how the game was going to go on the first 5 minutes. 

I've watched both his interviews for Sky and RedTV and I worry that Derek is seriously delusional. To stand there and not hold your hands up and admit fault after that performance is insulting to all Aberdeen fans. 

Not a single shot on target in a big game, not the first time and won't be the last. We looked unfit, underprepared, and bereft of ideas. I think the results have actually gotten worse since Cormack Park opened. 

4th two seasons in a row and still watching eye bleeding football. 

His praise and love in for Gerrard/the Rangers squad is pathetic. He's a yellow bellied, overpaid and overrated coward. 

Something needs to change. 

And again.  On what basis does it need to change?  Derek is doing exactly what is asked of him.  The quickest win for Derek (and has been for a number of years now) is to make a better job of Europe.

18 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Would have him in the team before Ojo every time.

That cunt is fucking useless, and was beyond useless yesterday. Complete liability.

We’ll agree to disagree on Ojo.  I think he brings us some calm in games when we have the ball.  Definitely agree on Campbell’s potential though.  But the number 4 job can be brutal both physically but also if you make a mistake in there you’re in trouble so very hard to bring a young lad through.  That’s why Jack struggled with us but looks better now, nobody within 15 yards of him.

36 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Joking apart If we’re being honest it’s not comfort on the ball you’d drop Ojo for.  He is the player for when we have the ball and we’re trying to stop Taylor shelling it long.  Problem yesterday was we didn’t have the ball.

This is the bit of what you’re saying that I don’t get. Taylor can’t very well pass it short to Ojo - he’d lose it in 2 seconds flat in a very dangerous position. So Taylor punts, or goes square to considine to hoof it. And that is why we have no possession. Ferguson dropped really deep in second half to pick up possession, but he’s a limited option as well. As mentioned by you or some else earlier - Deano provides something a little different.

I have been watching Mcinnes teams play like this for Years now and it is so poor, I have continually mentioned the Cormack new philosophy with regards to Mcinnes and Yesterday was as I expected which was the old and will never change philosophy under Mcinnes. The Mcinnes philosophy is we cant compete with the Old firm at all and when we play them we just have to dig in and hope we get lucky and go for it in the last 10 minutes. If Mcinnes was in charge in the 80's we would have won fuck all, he has completely the wrong mentality for our club and needs to go. I. mean any manager that plays a striker like Anderson up front on his own and then continually pumps high balls up to him against to giant centre halves deserves the sack. Of the players I thought Hernandez and Taylor recovered from brain farts at the goal to have good games, Jonny run about a lot but the poor tactics didn't suit him or Kennedy. Anderson hung out to dry, I thought Ojo was absolutely horrendous and should have been hooked at Half time midfield was terrible and that includes Ferguson, Bryson was his usual self invisible and I noticed he went straight for a bag of ice when he went off this guy is a crock no doubt. We got better when he eventually made subs, I was Impressed by Deano when he came on unlike Ojo he actually passed to a red jersey, Niall looked sharp and the new guy looked Ok although it was no surprise to see he is a unit who Mcinnes will undoubtedly play the next few games and pump high balls up to. Huns were no great shakes but we made it so easy for them, I had to abandon the stream 15 minutes in and switch to SKY as the picture was totally blurred and I checked at half time and it was the same

12 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I have been watching Mcinnes teams play like this for Years now and it is so poor, I have continually mentioned the Cormack new philosophy with regards to Mcinnes and Yesterday was as I expected which was the old and will never change philosophy under Mcinnes. The Mcinnes philosophy is we cant compete with the Old firm at all and when we play them we just have to dig in and hope we get lucky and go for it in the last 10 minutes. If Mcinnes was in charge in the 80's we would have won fuck all, he has completely the wrong mentality for our club and needs to go. I. mean any manager that plays a striker like Anderson up front on his own and then continually pumps high balls up to him against to giant centre halves deserves the sack. Of the players I thought Hernandez and Taylor recovered from brain farts at the goal to have good games, Jonny run about a lot but the poor tactics didn't suit him or Kennedy. Anderson hung out to dry, I thought Ojo was absolutely horrendous and should have been hooked at Half time midfield was terrible and that includes Ferguson, Bryson was his usual self invisible and I noticed he went straight for a bag of ice when he went off this guy is a crock no doubt. We got better when he eventually made subs, I was Impressed by Deano when he came on unlike Ojo he actually passed to a red jersey, Niall looked sharp and the new guy looked Ok although it was no surprise to see he is a unit who Mcinnes will undoubtedly play the next few games and pump high balls up to. Huns were no great shakes but we made it so easy for them, I had to abandon the stream 15 minutes in and switch to SKY as the picture was totally blurred and I checked at half time and it was the same

Hard to argue with any of that. McInnes gets some marks for putting out a physical team that doesn’t get bullied - but we really need to try to play some football as well. Not sure Nial looks that Sharp - but otherwise agree with most of this.

15 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

I have been watching Mcinnes teams play like this for Years now and it is so poor, I have continually mentioned the Cormack new philosophy with regards to Mcinnes and Yesterday was as I expected which was the old and will never change philosophy under Mcinnes. The Mcinnes philosophy is we cant compete with the Old firm at all and when we play them we just have to dig in and hope we get lucky and go for it in the last 10 minutes. If Mcinnes was in charge in the 80's we would have won fuck all, he has completely the wrong mentality for our club and needs to go.

And theres your problem.  If the club had the same ambition as in the 80's you'd be right.  But third is now acceptable.  3rd IS the working philosophy.  Derek will deliver 3rd (ignore last year's premature end - we'd have been 3rd and it would have been bonuses all round).

I agree on your point about physical versus skillful football.  But regrettably yesterday wasn't the game to judge the latter.  That comes when we're against, frankly, shite and we still try to do exactly the same thing and look no more prepared for what happens in the event that it doesn't work (because they have two big centre halves standing 4 yards off our sole centre forward.  Thats where we differ on Ojo.  I personally think against the lower quality sides we're a better ball retaining side with him - crablike, non penetrative and sideways as fuck for sure -  but at least we've got the pissin ball.  Quite happy to replace him with someone who does the same thing and adds a bit of forward movement.  Same goes for Europe.  Everyone knows our tactic is punt it to Cosgrove and see what happens.  Well, in Europe what happens is the wasted ball comes straight back at you, at speed.

Im not a one game doom and gloom merchant.  Yesterday was exactly what I expected.  We were under prepared/performing all across the park.  But as a team and a squad FOR THIRD I was reasonably happy with what I saw.  

But I reserve the right to change that opinion after a shite 1-1 at McDairmaid