haha ok, ill indulge you that favour.

i love, first of all, his imagination.

its borne from fact and he adds his own little twists and eccentricities to it

its the first book ive read where i literally couldnt put it down as i wanted to find out what happened

i believe "page turner" is the correct term

what do you NOT like about him?

cant comment, havent read any of his books

Not really into reading unless its on a train/plane journey, sitting at the beach etc but really enjoyed most of Irvine Welsh's novels.

Reading this thread though I am quite interested in trying a few of the Russian ones, visited Moscow and St petersburg last year and loved it so quite interested in reading up a bit about the place.

The Dice Man - brutal novel about a guy who decides to let the throw of a dice make his decisions in life for him.

i've got two of those:

chinease - indian - pizza - kebab - burger - sandwich

beer - wine - brandy - gin - whisky - cocktails

• Dildo 1

I've become somewhat of a music anorak over the years and kinda stopped reading fiction years ago in favour of music culture books and biographies etc - off the top o' ma heid I would say 'Kane and Abel' by Jeffrey Archer and 'Glue' by Irvine Welsh though. I remember reading a great book for my Higher English RPR years ago about an Ayrshire mining town and its football team's quest for the Junior Cup final but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called!

In terms of musical reads, I would strongly recommend 'The Ballad Of Gram Parsons And His Cosmic American Music' and 'Hand Me My Travellin' Shoes: In Search Of Blind Willie McTell' - both great biographies as well as historical accounts of the blues and country music and world events etc. ;)

Someone close to me a few weeks back made a passing comment about how I don't read enough so since then I downloaded Anna Karenina, Pride and Prejudice and Little Women onto my ipod and horsed through them. It's great to be reading again and I think it's helping me sleep better.

Especially loved Anna Karenina, magnificent. The thought of War and Peace terrifies me though. I decided to read classics as I was embarrased when I compared what I had read to some of my mates. I think next I might go for Rebecca or Jane Eyre.

When I was younger I read loads, 1984 was and still is my absolute favourite. I never saw the big deal with Catcher in the Rye, although I think if I had read it as a teenager first instead of in my mid 20s I would have thought differently. I didn't read too much of the classics when I was younger preferring to read non fiction international relations type books. I have however read the bible and the Koran (albeit accompanied by A Dummies Guide to...)

I've got quite a few books in my flat but admit i haven't read them in years but i really should. I'm very interested in World War 2 stuff and i bought "The Assassination of Reinard Heydrich", which if anyone has seen the film Operation Daybreak will know roughly about this story.

Two that i did like from school days were The Pigman by Paul Zindel and a classic, Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck