Pittodrie Pies Today

How were they? Never managed to get one. Went up to the queue in the South nearest the fence about 5 minutes before half time and queued for 20 minutes. Still not near the front of the queue when some bird came along to say there was no hot food left. Surely they can get their act together to cater for a 10,000 crowd.

At least we got the 3 points :scarf:

Had an Aussie steak pie and washed it down with lashings of admittedly mid strength beer at the footie in Sydney today... In the glorious sunshine I might add... 4 beers at about $6.50 each... Seriously if they brought back the beer (lite/mid strength whatever) at footie matches SPL teams would wipe their debt out easily... Unless you're Hearts...

Seriously if they brought back the beer (lite/mid strength whatever) at footie matches SPL teams would wipe their debt out easily... Unless you're Hearts...

Correct. Just exclude the Tims from buying beer in the ground, because they don't know how to behave.

Well, they wouldn't. They're like animals, you see.

How were they? Never managed to get one. Went up to the queue in the South nearest the fence about 5 minutes before half time and queued for 20 minutes. Still not near the front of the queue when some bird came along to say there was no hot food left. Surely they can get their act together to cater for a 10,000 crowd.

At least we got the 3 points :scarf:

You would think so... for a club who is very good at moaning about having little money to spend the prospect of a captive audience on a cold Oct afternoon all looking for a cup of tea and a pie to warm them should be a no-brainer...It's hardly surprising though...yet another case of woeful mismanagement

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

You would think so... for a club who is very good at moaning about having little money to spend the prospect of a captive audience on a cold Oct afternoon all looking for a cup of tea and a pie to warm them should be a no-brainer...It's hardly surprising though...yet another case of woeful mismanagement

The problem is though that you need to go about 30 mins into the half to get one... Even if you leave 5 mins before the first half ends the queue is mahoosive... Leave it til after the half finishes - nae fucking chance...

Twas the same at Hibs at the weekend - it's getting cold, people want a feed - can't believe no one does like the ushers in a theatre and sell pies like they do ice cream - probably some wanky health and safety bollocks I'd wager.... You'd shift 100+ pies in no time... plus get the fans who would be deterred by the long queues. They do it in venues with popcorn, beer, candy floss elsewhere in the world - how hard would it be to do with a pie ? Or are we all knuckle dragging buffoons who would stab the pie ushers ? :clangers2:

The stalls have been poorly stocked lately. No pies at the Celtic game, I was most upset. No fucking bovril last night, I was both upset and cold.

The pies have been a bit hit or miss as well but last nights pies were pretty spot on.

Yet they had loads left after half time at the rugby last week when the ground was almost full. Pies must not be the choice of the eggchaser.

Yet they had loads left after half time at the rugby last week when the ground was almost full. Pies must not be the choice of the eggchaser.

TBH I think it has a lot to do with where you sit.

I've been tucked in with the rug smugglers in the main lately and its pishy wee stalls that have one shitey oven with a few pittodrie pies and a couple of burgers in them to feed the 5000.

When I had my season in the dickie I never had any problems getting my kick off and half time refreshments.

Its a real dilema I'll have you know. I love my seat in the main, great view, can get some banter with the visiting manager and I no longer have to climb mount fucking vesuvius with a stinking hang over at 3.05pm but the trade off is being looked at like a mong for daring to sing, getting burnt pies or even worse fuck all pies and sitting with a bunch of gerries that stand up only when its time to leave and celebrate a goal by shaking their football buddies hand.

• Upvote 1