Spl Armageddon

Are we not cheating also?

15 million pound un-sustainable debt, spending outwith our means to gain an advantage against teams who are operating within their financial capababilities!

Its different. Aberdeen are losing money not because they are paying excessive wages, but because of the interest on the debt and the costs to run an old stadium. Most years Aberdeen

Recommended for clubs who do not have a 15 million pound debt,

if we operated within financial confines say for example same wages as the other bottom 6 teams chances are we wouldnt be an spl team.

In order for us to get away from the bottom, we have had to spend money we dont have.

Recommended for clubs who do not have a 15 million pound debt,

if we operated within financial confines say for example same wages as the other bottom 6 teams chances are we wouldnt be an spl team.

In order for us to get away from the bottom, we have had to spend money we dont have.

Don't understand this, we are a far bigger club than the other bottom six teams so surely we can afford to pay higher wages?

How did we get into the position where we were paying interest on a huge and rapidly accumulating debt? Answer: by spending money we didn't have. We tried to live beyond our means and chase down the Old Firm in the 1990s. Sadly, mainly thanks to the employment of a series of inept managers, we made a complete pigs ear of things.

The cost of running an old stadium, although it was an additional drain, does not compare to the amount of money we wasted on transfer fees and wages for players like Paul Bernard, Brian O'Neill, Robbie Winters, etc, etc. We were also spending money we didn't have and what makes it even worse is that we don't even have two Scottish cups to show for $15M of accumulated debt!

Although mentioned, in the cold light of day, just as an example, as below, what the fuck were we thinking?

Rangers knowingly orchestrated a tax dodge, in Hearts case the bank has run dry due to massive overspending and they are fucked. We have generally been in the 60% bracket of wages to turnover for quite a few years, although I believe late 90's early 00's we had the insanity of 80-90%. That being said we have huge operating costs of approx

I had a Hun churn this out to me after I raised the issue about the attendances:

I was then accused of being sucked in by the 'mhanky' propoganda. :lolrangers:

He realises the 800000 odd Rangers fans money goes to Rangers though? Naebody else. So it doesn't matter a fuck that they're not paying into the SPL as that only affects Rangers bank balance :lolrangers:

Indeed. I don't think Super_al understands what he is saying by accusing Hearts and Rangers of cheating.

The difference between ourselves & Hearts (I am assuming here that Hearts have been, like us, keeping up to date with their tax?) in comparison with Rangers, is that Rangers were evading tax in order to maximise the bang they were getting for their borrowed buck. This is the crux of the matter. Rangers were cheating by breaking the law. Until the financial fair play rules come into force, spending money you do not have is not in breach of any rules.

Even after sending 1 million on Bernard the debt was not unsustainable. Our debt was overstated for many years –fact re: Fraser’s comment in 2007.

After the Euro Run we reduced the debt substantially.

I keep going back to the great football economic theory – living in your means gets you in trouble. The reason being is that Aberdeen has had very little success – that means less prize money, lower crowds less sponsorship. Aberdeen has implemented a sound financial wage structure:

1.) They budget for 7th place

2.) A large portion of a players wages are Incentivized and based on achievements

We are losing money because revenue streams are being cut overnight i.e. Sananta going bust and other EXTERNAL factors. Other clubs such as Dundee United have been lucky in that they have sold players. Despite this we are in line with the recommended ratio in terms of wages and revenue.

• 11 months later...