Shinnie And Mckay

I don't think the board would be against Brown signing any Aberdeen loons like Vigurs or Shinnie or players who have proved they are handy in the SPL like Reynolds or Buaben. Would only think they'd say something if he was trying to waste his budget on the next Gary Warren, Rory McArdle or Scott Vernon from England League Three which obviously presents more risk.

If this were going ahead, I'd be surprised if it was Brown doing the approach.

Why would the board allow Brown to get any players in on pre-contracts, if we have yet to sit down with him and discuss any extension to his deal?

Because Yule has already stated that they are likely to make a place for him upstairs in the board room.

He will be well informed if we have any intention of making pre contract offers, of that I'm pretty sure

If you's done some research you'd notice Andrew Shinnie has no agent! Not interested in a move down south either! One of the reasons he wants to come to Aberdeen is to be closer to his family. Another is that AFC will pay almost double his Caley wage

I didn't claim he had an agent (I don't know) but I assumed he would have & commented on a post that someone else said about his agent.

But it appears that his current manager at ICT hasn't done his research on his own player then cos he thinks he's got an agent also :dontknow:

"[Aberdeen manager] Craig Brown was very good last year and told us about their intention to talk to Johnny Hayes," added Butcher.

"But thankfully there's been no phone-calls about Andy Shinnie.

"But he can do that or speak to his agent, I'm not bothered about that.

"We've made our pitch and I'm sure we can reach a successful conclusion when it comes to terms.

"The ball's very much in the Andy's court."

If you's done some research you'd notice Andrew Shinnie has no agent! Not interested in a move down south either! One of the reasons he wants to come to Aberdeen is to be closer to his family. Another is that AFC will pay almost double his Caley wage

hope your right mario he'd be a very good player for AFC to pick up

one of the many Dons pages on facebook is sayin Darren Randolph is lookin at houses in Kingswells. probably some shit made up by some 12 year old, but goin on how much we need a decent keeper im holdin on to a bit of hope on this haha

deffo need Shinnie aswell and im convinved he'd sign for us. as for mckay, think he's just a flash in the pan theres no way he'll ever be this prolific again.

one of the many Dons pages on facebook is sayin Darren Randolph is lookin at houses in Kingswells. probably some shit made up by some 12 year old, but goin on how much we need a decent keeper im holdin on to a bit of hope on this haha

deffo need Shinnie aswell and im convinved he'd sign for us. as for mckay, think he's just a flash in the pan theres no way he'll ever be this prolific again.

I see where you're coming from because look at Henrik Ojama at Well compared to last season but I think this McKay lad has what it takes to keep it up. He seems to have that knack all strikers dream of. Of hitting the target more often than missing it & that is something that the likes of Griffiths has also.

Whilst I love McGinn & think times his runs/passes & gets in the right places, he is still missing the target quite a lot & if he sorts that percentage out he'll be fucking awesome

Ojamma may not have scored a lot, but isn't he second in the assist charts?

Couldn't tell you. I'm simply comparing his good scoring run from last season to this seasons & the fact he's been subbed or come from the bench quite a lot this season.

He may well be having a good season regarding assists like Hayes for us in comparison to his scoring form at ICT.

Admittedly not a great comparison but I'm sure you get the simple reference I meant (I hope)

Yeah not sure about that Randolph rumor! I'd fully expect a player to have signed before looking at houses!

I'm not going to start telling stories like that about Shinnie. But all I'm saying is, it looks very promising from what I've heard!

But does he actually have an agent or not? or is Butcher wrong & your research/source maybe a little dubious?

You may very well have a very good source & I hope it's right but you can see why we may doubt it surely?

I don't expect you to reveal a source but if it's fishing, or rumour attempting then you disappoint me :nono:

• 1 month later...

Scott Burns from the Daily Express is saying Andy Shinnie has agreed terms with Birmingham City. He is usually spot on so no reason to think its bull :(

Why on earth would Andrew Shinnie take a backwards step and come to Aberdeen?

Besides, he can earn four times as much at Birmingham, play at a far bigger club and in a better league (assuming they stay in the Championship)

Yet another reality check for some.

If the Championship and League one clubs don't sign up the best of the SPL out of contract players, the vermin from the Bastard Garden will.

The likes of Randolph, Law, Shinnie, Zaliuakas, Bell, etc etc would not even contemplate coming to Pittodrie.

Why on earth would Andrew Shinnie take a backwards step and come to Aberdeen?

Besides, he can earn four times as much at Birmingham, play at a far bigger club and in a better league (assuming they stay in the Championship)

Yet another reality check for some.

If the Championship and League one clubs don't sign up the best of the SPL out of contract players, the vermin from the Bastard Garden will.

The likes of Randolph, Law, Shinnie, Zaliuakas, Bell, etc etc would not even contemplate coming to Pittodrie.

What's your issue Kev?

Byrne said nothing other than he hopes we can make him a good offer.

What's your issue Kev?

Byrne said nothing other than he hopes we can make him a good offer.

I've no issue with Byrne.

I agree, I'd love him at Pittodrie.

There is very little chance of it is my point, and I wouldn't blame him for not considering us.

We're an unambitious club and he can quadruple what we offer (easily) elsewhere.

Can we offer Chris Clark as a direct swap for McKay? obviously we're losing out here as Clark is amazing at...well, he's got an ability on the football pitch that only a mother could love.

I wouldn't even want Clark in a "lucky bag" , remember them?? he's simply not SPL standard. I'm afraid we're stuck with him,at the moment anyway!