100 replies to this topic

#91 OFFLINE   Bobby Connor

Bobby Connor

You are a boring F**Cunt!

• Admin
  • 15,993 posts
  • Joined 21-December 06

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Given the options I'd have rather told the OF to stick the 5% up their *rse and sell the tickets ourselves. That would have left us in control, ensured that we got all the money, and more importantly, would wind up their most loyal fans as they would no longer be guaranteed tickets thus turning them upon their own club.

However, this isn't a bad compromise. Yes, the OF clubs make more money but it is their fans that are paying for it. Afc also make more money, although admittedly this is funded via our fans. However the opportunity is provided to recoup that additional pound in the next two subsequent matches. If our own fans decide to only turn up for OF games and not the less glamorous games then I see nothing wrong whatsoever with charging this small premium. I am really surprised that this isn't already the case.

Only caveat is that the OF might pull the old t!t-for-tat routine by putting prices up for us. That is a risk. But we already pay an extortionate amount in order to go their, so am not sure that they could justify it, esp as they have more of their own fans to consider (as we get the corners at both grounds I am not sure which stand it would affect - both???).

Not likely. They would have to put up prices for home fans as well and for the sake of scoring points against Aberdeen, and our tiny allocation, there's no way they will want to anger their own fans any further.

Judging by the comments on FF this whole idea is turning out to be a bit of a blunder on the part of the Huns. I can see them abandoning this 5% nonsense next year in favour of some other method of rimming the other clubs.
Posted ImageDAYS OFF THE BOOZE - 0DAYS OFF GAMBLING - 13516MINUTES OFF SMOKING - 30

#92 OFFLINE   dandydonsfan

dandydonsfan

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 22-January 08

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

[MightyDons]
reading the reaction of Follow Follow, looks like Rangers might have to cave into charging Rangers fans a 1 handling fee for buying away tickets meaning they are back to square 1.

And as we are charging the 5% they will in fact be worse off than before.[/quote]

there's no chance rangers will drop any handling fee. As rangers fans said, our tickets are the cheapest in the league so an extra 1 won't make a difference.

[quote name='centraldon' post='290495' date='Aug 7 2008, 11:22 PM']Only caveat is that the OF might pull the old t!t-for-tat routine by putting prices up for us. That is a risk.[/quote]

it's not a risk, it's a given. The rangers fans will (rightly) demand RFC charge ours fans the 5% charge the same as we charge them. fair enough. As some others have said the main losers from this are any fans who attend matches.

it's seriously worrying that we've so easily agreed to give the OF a % of their away fans ticket money. It's like politicians who leak to the press that tax will go up 20%. Then they put it up 10% and we greet it as good news. Fair enough we're not doing a dundee utd, but only because we don't accept as many OF fans and take more away ourselves. If there was room to increase prices for OF matches, AFC should have done this for their own gain, not to pay extra to the OF. As i said earlier, the only winners are the OF bean counters.

#93 OFFLINE   Bobby Connor

Bobby Connor

You are a boring F**Cunt!

• Admin
  • 15,993 posts
  • Joined 21-December 06

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

[MightyDons]
reading the reaction of Follow Follow, looks like Rangers might have to cave into charging Rangers fans a 1 handling fee for buying away tickets meaning they are back to square 1.

And as we are charging the 5% they will in fact be worse off than before.

there's no chance rangers will drop any handling fee. As rangers fans said, our tickets are the cheapest in the league so an extra 1 won't make a difference.

it's not a risk, it's a given. The rangers fans will (rightly) demand RFC charge ours fans the 5% charge the same as we charge them. fair enough. As some others have said the main losers from this are any fans who attend matches.

it's seriously worrying that we've so easily agreed to give the OF a % of their away fans ticket money. It's like politicians who leak to the press that tax will go up 20%. Then they put it up 10% and we greet it as good news. Fair enough we're not doing a dundee utd, but only because we don't accept as many OF fans and take more away ourselves. If there was room to increase prices for OF matches, AFC should have done this for their own gain, not to pay extra to the OF. As i said earlier, the only winners are the OF bean counters.

No they won't.
Posted ImageDAYS OFF THE BOOZE - 0DAYS OFF GAMBLING - 13516MINUTES OFF SMOKING - 30

#94 OFFLINE   centraldon

centraldon

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Joined 07-January 08

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

What are we these days for the OF. 26? They would then have to bump that up to 27/28. This would then be applicable to their own fans. We get the corner at both grounds so not sure which stand would also get bumped; perhaps both. I think it is a risk, but ticket prices are already very high and again you would have some seriously p!ssed off huns (maybe worth the extra quid after all...). Certainly don't think it is a given.

It wasn't AFC that instigated all of this. Different clubs have found different solutions. I agree that this isn't my favorite, but it isn't bad, it is quite good in-fact. The AFC bean counters win as well. The real losers are the fans as they are having to fork out for these increases (but mostly the OF fans as there are more of them to pay the surcharge).

But in one respect you are right. I expected the board to bend over like an eager hooker, and the fact they haven't has filled me with immense joy.

#95 OFFLINE   dandydonsfan

dandydonsfan

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 22-January 08

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

No they won't.

well you either know someone who works in Ibrox or you're Mystic Meg. i hope you are Mystic Meg/right, but i'd be amazed if rangers don't pull the same trick on us. After their amusing European adventure, they appear to be pretty short of cash right now. Most OF home seats are filled by season ticket holders so i doubt it would be a big deal to up prices by 1 or 2 for home fans sitting near the away end for a Rangers v Dons game and offer that back for the next game or whatever, as we are doing.

centraldon:

"not sure which stand would also get bumped; perhaps both. I think it is a risk, but ticket prices are already very high and again you would have some seriously p!ssed off huns (maybe worth the extra quid after all...). Certainly don't think it is a given."

no idea which stand they'd have to increase prices for - maybe the other corners? either way they usually sell out for rangers v Dons games so upping prices for the few non-season ticket holders by 2 and giving it back next home game would surely be no big deal. rangers usually sell out v us no problem.

The AFC bean counters don't win. = We increase South stand tickets by 1 each - get in 6k then give 4 to Rangers. Great, we're 2 up! Who's that laughing all the way home? oh it's the OF getting bigger and bigger each game.

#96 OFFLINE   centraldon

centraldon

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Joined 07-January 08

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

The AFC bean counters don't win. = We increase South stand tickets by 1 each - get in 6k then give 4 to Rangers. Great, we're 2 up! Who's that laughing all the way home? oh it's the OF getting bigger and bigger each game.

Refer to the points in bold for the obvious contradiction. The club is 2k up (going on your figures) therefore the AFC bean counters do win; I don't see how you can argue the club will be out of pocket as a result of this. This is payed for by the pay-per-game (aberdeen) fans who are the ultimate losers. The Huns are 4k up; again, payed for by their own fans who are also losers :applause: .

Ultimately this has turned everyone, including their own fans, against them; which I think is hysterical. A terrible idea motivated by greed and a general disregard and disdain for Scottish football in general.

#97 OFFLINE   hopalong

hopalong

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 05-January 08

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:04 AM

AFC have not bent over backwards.
They have accomodated a daft idea.
They have thought about this and done their homework.
They have risen above the OF through the use of slight of hand (most huns wont understand what is happening).
They have retained some pride and pleased near all the fans.

Nae like em but very pleasing and a bit of a '**** you very much but we can in fact count up here'. After all Mr Milne knows his way around and accounts book or two no (he has his uses)? He at the very least knows a man that does...

Now just to hump them in every game (which looks lioke it may not be as hard as it once was) and the joy will be too much!

Smith is now rakeing in the bargain bin to try and put a half assed team together so every penny lost is gonna hurt. Brilliant!!!!!

Edited by hopalong, 08 August 2008 - 12:07 AM.

#98 OFFLINE   K-9

K-9

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,788 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

Refer to the points in bold for the obvious contradiction. The club is 2k up (going on your figures) therefore the AFC bean counters do win; I don't see how you can argue the club will be out of pocket as a result of this. This is payed for by the pay-per-game (aberdeen) fans who are the ultimate losers. The Huns are 4k up; again, payed for by their own fans who are also losers :dontknow: .

Ultimately this has turned everyone, including their own fans, against them; which I think is hysterical. A terrible idea motivated by greed and a general disregard and disdain for Scottish football in general.

Although if Rangers do same to us then both Aberdeen and Rangers make more money but the fans lose out by paying more.

#99 OFFLINE   fatshaft

fatshaft

Deceased 6th may 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:03 AM

Although if Rangers do same to us then both Aberdeen and Rangers make more money but the fans lose out by paying more.

K9, again the maximum it will cost any Dons fan will be 4 if the OF reciprocate - IF - and if they don't it will cost zero except for those who don't use their 1 refund voucher for furture games, and for me that doesn't count as a valid loss, you turn up just for the OF, then you've paid a premium. Not a Big deal IMO.

Oh and :dontknow:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#100 OFFLINE   fatshaft

fatshaft

Deceased 6th may 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

This is also where AFC have thought this through superbly, by appearing to agree with :dontknow: 's request, but making their own fans pay for the privilege, they've turned a potantial PR disaster for AFC, into a massive own goal for :laughing: while at the same time getting a big round of applause from over 90% of AFC fans.

So :thumbup1: AFC and :cheers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#101 OFFLINE   vanderark14

vanderark14

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 13-October 06

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

:dontknow: :laughing:

sorry i just felt left out. i havent used the new smilie yet