Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

G'wa she's never been in a gym in her puff

ive put on about 4kg since the start of the year/ backgate. 

Haha. Fair enough. That's how it read (to me).  

Ive put on about 5kg over the last 9 months or so. Excess drinking and gyms being shut. Shifting it slowly. Will do it quicker once the weather improves and running isn't an absolutely horrific experience. 

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I’m not a bass player at all but bought a wee fender practice amp last year for an old bass I acquired.

Get quite a groove going at times

Yeah, it's good fun.  I've been playing a long time but mostly for fun/play along in me computer room type thing.  I've well over 30 guitras/basses from Rockabilly double bass to ukulele.  Got a sax and some keyboars/synth and stuff to fuck aboot on.  I'm nae very good (ie shite) at any of them tho I'd get by in a rock covers band on bass.

8 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I doubt all of that Bootsy.

Tidy bass yir after, any reason you fancy the short scale?

I used to have a Gibson EB3 short scale back in the 70's.  I got it second hand so it was probably an early 70's model or even lates 60's model (worth a few grand now).  I got £125 trade in for it from Bruce Millars for a new Shergold Marathon (still got that one) and I've been kicking myself ever since.  I have a Hofner violin (alla Paul Mccartney) but the rest of my basses are all long scale. So. I just fancied a short scale jobbie to fill a wee gap in my collection.  Haven't ruled out getting another vintage EB3 but finances dictate otherwise at present.

Bootsy can play a bit like.?

4 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I used to have a Gibson EB3 short scale back in the 70's.  I got it second hand so it was probably an early 70's model or even lates 60's model (worth a few grand now).  I got £125 trade in for it from Bruce Millars for a new Shergold Marathon (still got that one) and I've been kicking myself ever since.  I have a Hofner violin (alla Paul Mccartney) but the rest of my basses are all long scale. So. I just fancied a short scale jobbie to fill a wee gap in my collection.  Haven't ruled out getting another vintage EB3 but finances dictate otherwise at present.

Bootsy can play a bit like.?

Some cool guitars there min.

1 minute ago, Simply Red said:

Some cool guitars there min.

Aye, I've got a range like.  From Squier Jazz and P basses to a Mex P and an American Jazz with a Custom Shop upgrade and a few in between, Epiphone Thunderbird, ESP 5 string, a very good Rickenbacker (Rockinbetter) copy and among others and one of my favourites a Sanberg Terra Oliver  Riedel (Rammstein) signature.

14 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Aye, I've got a range like.  From Squier Jazz and P basses to a Mex P and an American Jazz with a Custom Shop upgrade and a few in between, Epiphone Thunderbird, ESP 5 string, a very good Rickenbacker (Rockinbetter) copy and among others and one of my favourites a Sanberg Terra Oliver  Riedel (Rammstein) signature.

Cool.

I had a Rickenbacker copy as a teenager (ibanez/looked like Foxton’s)

Had a nice 70’s reissue Jazz for years. Had to downsize when the family came along. Just an old acoustic (and a uke for the wee man) for me now and a couple of electric 6 strings in cases in the loft.

Get a bass whenever we move to a bigger gaff and i can turn a room into a beat lab.