Rugby Union

OddJob

I'm sure you'll still have a great time... the stadium is right in the heart of the city, right next to the main railway station. Great atmosphere around the ground in the hours leading up to kick-off. When I was there in 2012 we drank in the City Arms which is a great wee pub... because of its proximity to the stadium it gets properly heaving on matchdays though.

we will likely head for some breakfast in the city, have a look around and then head to the ground a couple of hours prior to kick off. Its the early game of the day

• 1 year later...

We used to be a team of fermers from the borders, who had no issues about getting upin the middle of the night to get their hands up a cows vagina and put some tow round a calfs leg and pull it out. Id like to see some ex George Watson pupil do that. Basically, they had no fear and were hard as nails.

It's pretty pish getting beat by Japan however I read that 15 out of their 31 squad are foreigners.

International football and rugby is now absolute pish due to teams abusing the eligibility rules.

aye only ~3/15 looked like proper Japoons

still.

they’re clearly no longer chumps at this level.

not after the last WC.

home advantage too.

more passionate than typical British tub thumping beer swilling types

they beat ire too.

I could see it coming; even if mongs like you couldn’t

aye only ~3/15 looked like proper Japoons

still.

they’re clearly no longer chumps at this level.

not after the last WC.

home advantage too.

more passionate than typical British tub thumping beer swilling types

they beat ire too.

I could see it coming; even if mongs like you couldn’t

I don't follow rugby, it's pretty pish actually, you probably know more about it as it's aimed at fat useless pricks that were last pick at football at school.

I didn't see either game, but not surprised to see NZ steamroll the micks. But I was surprised (and indeed pleased) to see how heavily England beat Australia. Nice to occasionally remind those southern hemisphere woofters that there is life north of the equator.

Probably whoever wins the england-NZ semi (NZ) will go on to win the tournament.

I wonder what lies ahead for scotland and townsend? I don't know the later fixture schedule in this WC year, but usually we have hopeful noises after some meaningless friendlies, followed by a disappointing 6 nations.