Aberdeen 1 - 0 Hibernian

I still maintain the slight possibility that it was known May's recovery was an up to 2 year process. Preston weren't willing to wait and invest in his recovery, we got him cheap as a result and on reasonable wages since we were taking a chance on nursing him back. He's 100% within 2 years and we get 2 full years of circa 2015 Stevie May....hence the 4 year contract.

Almost makes sense (although there "May" be simpler expkanations).

Eh? :wtf:

Eh? :wtf:

Sorry....The post evidently wansn't phrased in a manner accessible to the hard of thinking.

£400k is cheap for a striker.

Maybe it was known that he would take time to fully regain fitness.

Maybe he is still on that journey

Maybe he's about to come back to form.

....and before you say "that's not likely" correct, I even said that; but it is possible that maybe he was signed as a rebuild project and we wouldn't have gotten him otherwise.

It's equally unlikely that Preston would sell a fully fit, in form striker for less than half what they paid and that same striker would take a huge wage cut to come to us.

One might think that there was a conversation around how long it would take to get him back to full form and fitness and a decision made.

I still maintain the slight possibility that it was known May's recovery was an up to 2 year process. Preston weren't willing to wait and invest in his recovery, we got him cheap as a result and on reasonable wages since we were taking a chance on nursing him back. He's 100% within 2 years and we get 2 full years of circa 2015 Stevie May....hence the 4 year contract.

Almost makes sense (although there "May" be simpler expkanations).

I don't think there's any chance that a club would buy a player, shelling out their highest transfer fee in quite some time, with the expressed intention of spending 2 years rehabilitating him, much of which involves playing them in the first team, in the hope that the end result 2 years later resembles Stevie May 2014. I mean, there's taking a risk and then there's this.

I don't think there's any chance that a club would buy a player, shelling out their highest transfer fee in quite some time, with the expressed intention of spending 2 years rehabilitating him, much of which involves playing them in the first team, in the hope that the end result 2 years later resembles Stevie May 2014. I mean, there's taking a risk and then there's this.

I agree.

However there is no doubt in my mind that the club knew at the time of signing May he was not the same player that left St Johnstone and would need some time to get back up to speed and (hopefully) back to his previous level.

It just hasn't worked so far. But he's been relatively effective in the last few games. But he really needs to start regularly scoring goals. At the end of the day that's why we bought him.

Probably agree but at least my reasoning gives an outcome that doesn't have the club making an utter cunt of it.

I agree that in reality it is more likely that we made a cunt of it, but unlikely as it may be....I still hold onto the belief that my highly unlikely turn of events could be true.

Probably agree but at least my reasoning gives an outcome that doesn't have the club making an utter cunt of it.

I agree that in reality it is more likely that we made a cunt of it, but unlikely as it may be....I still hold onto the belief that my highly unlikely turn of events could be true.

13968917952_171b7cf07f_b.jpg