The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Has anycunt ever been to see a stand up and not laughed? I totally piss my drawers everytime coz I'm in the mood for a laugh and pissed/stoned but I have noticed a few stoney faced cunts at shows, in particular Jerry Sadowitz and Russell Brand

EDIT Billy Connelly 4 or 5 years ago was the worst, loads of folk not laughing, wasn't the best but plenty of standard 'Big yin' chat, wee beige jobby n'that, no point buying a ticket if you're not going to get into it.

Has anycunt ever been to see a stand up and not laughed? I totally piss my drawers everytime coz I'm in the mood for a laugh and pissed/stoned but I have noticed a few stoney faced cunts at shows, in particular Jerry Sadowitz and Russell Brand

EDIT Billy Connelly 4 or 5 years ago was the worst, loads of folk not laughing, wasn't the best but plenty of standard 'Big yin' chat, wee beige jobby n'that, no point buying a ticket if you're not going to get into it.

Yes

Sometimes they just aren't funny

I believe I was at that tour and I reserve the right to be one of the stoney faced cunts coz he just wasn't funny.

Post in a spoiler please.

Kinda difficult to recreate observational comedy gags on a written forum but the gist of it was starting off making it sound like he was doing a sympathetic eulogy to Ariana Grande and how she was affected by it, having to cancel the rest of her tour - paused - "God works in mysterious ways".

• Downvote 1

Aye, went to see a new stars show at the Edinburgh fest and sat through a couple of folk who were awful. Didnt raise a smile from me, and only a couple of laughs from the crowd throughout.

Also saw a guy a few years back who opened at the stand. Was on for around 10 minutes. Not one person laughed throughout. He was awful. His big joke at the end, that he spent ages building to was horrendous. The compère came on looking embarrassed for the guy. Couple of years later and the same guy is opening again. Similar response throughout his set, and he brings out the same big closing joke, with an altered punchline. Still no one laughed. I forget his name. Was from fife or somewhere

The only cunt I've seen who was unfunny was Des Clarke but me and the ex were smashed so we laughed like fuck at how shite it all was and a few cunts followed on. Not been to many 'up and coming' comedy cunts so maybe thats why I've been lucky

Go down the stand tonight

You said you're in Edinburgh

It'll be hit and miss I guarantee you...if there's an American fella doing UFO shit just go to the bar...

Seeing Brand in a few months. Hoping to catch him during the day for youthful folly and jubliance

I have to sit through countless acts I don't find funny. Comedy is subjective though as you will always see people that don't appeal.

I opened the show at Breakneck comedy on Saturday. First time I have gigged there. Such a good room. If you like stand up comedy then get along there.

I have to sit through countless acts I don't find funny. Comedy is subjective though as you will always see people that don't appeal.

I opened the show at Breakneck comedy on Saturday. First time I have gigged there. Such a good room. If you like stand up comedy then get along there.

I was gonna head along, but telling me 2 days after the gig is less than ideal.

Just think what you could have done with an extra £4.