Scotland vs Israel & Czechs

Wealth had a big part of the referendum result as most would consider Ayrshire to be unionist but in all 3 districts were resounding yes’s, the north east have decent wealth so didn’t bother them either way!, Ayrshire relatively is a poorer district and when you feel the pinch a lot more often then it tends to lead you to voting independence!, regardless of your allegiance, fair few huns down this way voted yes, cause their skint, seeing there miserable children’s faces seem to cancel there red hand pish quite quickly down here,the north east nimbys will never feel the pinch and like true torries, never want to see anybody else getting on

Theres an insular ignorance up here of the wider world. A distrust of anyone not their own. The massive paradox there is that those same people will willingly put their blind trust and faith in ‘posh mannies doon sooth’ to govern us. Even when its abundantly clear they dont give a fuck about us and to some extent despise us. And i’ll include the whole of Northern Britain in that.

Glad I read this topic while drunk love a good independence rant. I don’t see why people wouldn’t want to govern themselfs instead of living of the coattails of the English. I’d rather we run ourselfs and found it challenging than be governed by the English who don’t care about us. Iv never once heard one good reason why we shouldn’t be independent 

Back on topic. Kind of. I don't get the apathy/disinterest/loathing (in some cases) for the national team. Either folks hoping they lose or not giving two shits. All the sfa/local football politics should be set aside when the national team plays? Regardless of how average they are.

Then again maybe there's a link between this attitude and the timidity of rejecting independence?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BitWait said:

Independence would be a complete clusterfuck , expensive to , we would be bankrupt within 5 years and have to ask the EU for a loan if they have the stupidity to let us in. If not , can hardly ask the English for money after telling them to fuck off ?

Unresearched & uneducated & arrogantly unionist assumptions based on the ‘too wee’ negative drivel pedalled by the fear mongers. Fear mongers who’s biggest fear is losing Scottish resources. Even ignoring the oil 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

Back on topic. Kind of. I don't get the apathy/disinterest/loathing (in some cases) for the national team. Either folks hoping they lose or not giving two shits. All the sfa/local football politics should be set aside when the national team plays? Regardless of how average they are.

Then again maybe there's a link between this attitude and the timidity of rejecting independence?

Its picking English that irritates me with national team. Players who don't give a fuck leads to fans losing interest. Oli Mcburnie the latest cock. 

7 hours ago, Simply Red said:

To self-govern your own country is a no-brainer imo. 

To put it simply - in a relatively wealthy country with a population of 5mil, an economy/a budget/schools/hospitals/emergency services, etc, can be governed more efficiently/effectively than the same for 66mil people. 

Fuckall to do with kilts and shortbread. 

The fear and small-mindedness to vote against it, i’ll never understand. 

Yeah I can't really get my head around those people who most vociferously don't want to be in charge of their own country.

Outrageous idea to be in charge of your own affairs!!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RUL said:

Its picking English that irritates me with national team. Players who don't give a fuck leads to fans losing interest. Oli Mcburnie the latest cock. 

Whether they are English or not, it's the attitude that's all wrong.  Playing for Scotland is definitely seen as a chore for some players, and an unwelcome distraction.  You've got Scottish born and bred guys like Snodgrass and McArthur turning their noses up.  Contrast with England - it's seen as the ultimate honour to represent your country.  All the high profile players, from the top teams down there, are all desperate to play for England.  If Oli McBurnie was good enough to play for England, I guarantee you wouldn't see him mouthing off about not being arsed to play for England!

Lyndon Dykes is born and bred Australian.  In the last two internationals, he looked more committed and played with more passion than many of the Scottish players.

29 minutes ago, RUL said:

It's definitely a big part of the problem.

Then there's the fact the SFA are so hated here and that the national team has been shite for years.

It also doesn't help the way OF players are immediately venerated above others.

Lots of other reasons too - people just get sick of it.

4 hours ago, BitWait said:

Independence would be a complete clusterfuck , expensive to , we would be bankrupt within 5 years and have to ask the EU for a loan if they have the stupidity to let us in. If not , can hardly ask the English for money after telling them to fuck off ?

How are the yellow walls, in your yellow house, as you sit in your yellow onesie? 
Eat your breakfast & do as your told. 

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, BitWait said:

Why do you think.....in spite of the English (and in some cases, Scottish) press and general population accusing us of being subsidy junkies, getting too much cash from the outdated Barnett Formula...…..that the UK government are so keen to keep us within? If it were true, they really should be desperate to see us go our own way. And every single English MP would be duty bound to seek English independence because of the inherent unfairness on each of their constituents. Strange that it isn't happening..

If it were Northern Ireland looking to either seek independence or re-unification with the Republic....Westminster would gift wrap it and send it on it's way as quickly as possible.

16 hours ago, Poodler said:

I count supporting the national team as having a second team which is the preserve of people who are really bad at pleasuring women 

Except when England make it to the later stages of a major tournament. 

Then it’s “ENGERLAND, ENGERLAND, ENGERLAND” time