Pet Hates

StandFree1982

29 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

These type of fake smiling, glad-hand, charlatan, internet roasters.

Boke - and that FUCKING accent. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKAEzYwjXq4/?igshid=1gfn75km0h3ah

Ach, good luck to the guy. Everyone deserves a chance at a decent, happy life. Well, most folk. 

I don't understand the popularity of 'Influencers', though. 

"Look at me, I'm standing on a rock pretending to do yoga, and then I'm off to make a shake out of kale and birch bark!"

How the fuck is that in any way of interest to anyone?

But fair play to them, they get millions of followers who hang on their every empty word. 

AMAZING!

SO COOL!

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE MOTION TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT FOR INCITEMENT TO INSURRECTION?!

Fucking baffling.

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

I hope he dies. A long lingering death.

He is the sort of wank when you’re hungover on a Monday, had a mare trying to get the kids organised for school, not even taken your jacket office or grabbed a coffee and would interrogate you about how your weekend was.

1 hour ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

These type of fake smiling, glad-hand, charlatan, internet roasters.

Boke - and that FUCKING accent. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKAEzYwjXq4/?igshid=1gfn75km0h3ah

Boy's just a chancer trying to skim a buck off the back of modern day fanny culture.

Granted he's a prick but the sadsacks who swallow this and sign up to his mentoring immersion programs are the cunts that perpetuate the fanny culture. Its them who do my tits in. 

28 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I'm good.  I'm having sex with an old white lady which is fucking typical as I prefer young brown women.  Any port in a storm though.

Funnily enough they want to do - This Night Has Opened My Eyes, but I'm not in to it.  Boring song to sing.  It's basically spoken word, or Morrissey weeping.  Tried to record It, but wasn't feeling it.  May go back to It, if I feel depressed some day.

You could take a stab at it.  Let me see what you got, Simon !!  ?

Bloody love that song. The guitar/bass/drums/vocals being the best thing about it in that order. 

Exemplary bit of music.

I can see why the band want to do it more than the singer.  

53 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

I'm good.  I'm having sex with an old white lady which is fucking typical as I prefer young brown women.  Any port in a storm though.

Funnily enough they want to do - This Night Has Opened My Eyes, but I'm not in to it.  Boring song to sing.  It's basically spoken word, or Morrissey weeping.  Tried to record It, but wasn't feeling it.  May go back to It, if I feel depressed some day.

You could take a stab at it.  Let me see what you got, Simon !!  ?

Have you heard these guys?

24 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Bloody love that song. The guitar/bass/drums/vocals being the best thing about it in that order. 

Exemplary bit of music.

I can see why the band want to do it more than the singer.  

It's a stunner.  Even when I was 14 it blew me away, the first 15 seconds is enough to make it an all time great song.  Such feeling in it.

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

Hmmm, maybe not better but there's loads of tracks that stand up on the own without the vocals. 

that's true enough, I always fall for the vocal hook though. Barbarism begins at Home a good example of a top song even without the vocal.  Bit like an early Chicago house track

(Chicago city, not the shit band)

1 minute ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

You do have a point on this one.  Perfect music for angsty teenagers and aimless types. 

Was my old pal Sean Hughes that famously said - Everyone grows out of their Morrissey phase, except Morrissey.

There is not much I still listen to from my teenage years, but still listen to the Smiths.  Your Arsenal or Vauxhall and I was probably the first new Moz record that came out when I was a teenager.  Both are still great, and have aged well.

1 minute ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Peter Shilton had a long career but will always be remembered for being outjumped by a midget.

Mozzas solo work has been extremely iffy for the most part. 

Occasionally brilliant, often poor.  

There are NO bad Smiths songs. 

There are plenty bad Morrissey songs. 

Totally agree on this.  What could have been,?, if he had put together a better backing band after 1998.  Limits your options if the whole band need to vegetarians I guess.

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Your infantile mind can't understand. There was no contradiction there. Plus you can't stand others not liking you (on a forum for fuck sake ?), possibly a reminder of the real world. You Adam Ant fans would've been bullied hard. The adults are talking. Fuck off weegie. 

Stand and deliver.

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I recognise lots of geniuses that aren't my thing, in almost every field. I'm not disputing he may have been/ might still be a genius. I don't like him despite agreeing with much he stands for. 

Can you give us some examples? Picasso, Oppenheimmer, Dahmer? 

46 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

:hysterical:

The Smiths, Simple Minds, some fucking shite nobody likes he posted on here (who was forgettable), Springsteen, even his music makes me vomit. 

Simple Minds. Hate em. Still can't bring myself to 'cover to cover' the album that was much recommended on here