Cricket

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
2 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Test Cricket back live on Terrestrial(council) TV, channel 4. :thumbup1:

Decent start for England, the Indians don't lose much at home.

India are a really good team... they were missing a few (including Kohli) in Aus recently and still won the series.  Don't recall them having so many good fast bowlers either.  I thought/hoped the guffs would get pummeled over there... but that's a good start.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

India are a really good team... they were missing a few (including Kohli) in Aus recently and still won the series.  Don't recall them having so many good fast bowlers either.  I thought/hoped the guffs would get pummeled over there... but that's a good start.

That wicket in the last over of the day could be crucial, cheered the hosts up no end.

I predict Root out early tomorrow, maybe first four overs, England don't get 400.

• Downvote 1
12 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

That wicket in the last over of the day could be crucial, cheered the hosts up no end.

I predict Root out early tomorrow, maybe first four overs, England don't get 400.

Well he's made it through the first part of the day....

Will be interesting to see what India make when they get in... that middle order is stacked!

Looks like they have gone with only two quicks - stiff leaving out Siraj - he looked like an amazing talent in Brisbane and Melbourne.

...looking forward to the main event today! Perth vs Sydney in the Big Bash final! 

England 578 & 178

India 337 & 39/1.

Final day tomorrow : India require another 381 runs with 9 wickets remaining England need 9 wickets.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Bet 365 : India 10/1 - Draw 4/6 - England 8/5.

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the match, England looking very good, the lad Pant was unreal for India when he was batting in their first innings.

Test cricket is in a great place right now IMO.  The recent Australia vs India series was absolutely absorbing.  One of the best I've ever seen.  Was gutted the SA tour was called off.

Tough loss for India but expect them to come roaring back, like they did over here.  Australia smashed them in Adelaide... but from then on, it was all India.