Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Deflect deflect deflect.

Glad you’ve admitted the No camp were telling lies.

Deflect, deflect deflect.

Glad you've admitted the Yes Camp were also telling lies and the white paper had massive inaccuracies in it.

As said above, while this time I think it will be a yes victory due to all the current shite thats going on in Westminster, the SNP will still need to produce a more coherent white paper than last time.

Just realised that FFS was referring to pension savings plummeting in relation to indie. Which is private pensions but they have already plummeted due to brexit. They've gone up again a bit but only back to the levels they were almost a year ago. Almost a year of growth completely gone. That's fucked up.

I would switch pension providers if your pension value has plummeted, certainly not the case with my own or Mrs FFS's.

I would switch pension providers if your pension value has plummeted, certainly not the case with my own or Mrs FFS's.

Unfortunately my pension is with my pension provider through auto enrolment as I work for that pension provider. I don't contribute myself because I can't be arsed. Plus I am in the best performing fund consistently over the last 5 years.

Except in Independent Scotland

Hope you don't have kids with your selfish anti Scotland attitude

If you do have kids try thinking why cant my kids live in an independent country like most others in the world.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Glad you've admitted the Yes Camp were also telling lies and the white paper had massive inaccuracies in it.

As said above, while this time I think it will be a yes victory due to all the current shite thats going on in Westminster, the SNP will still need to produce a more coherent white paper than last time.

It was the most thorough document of it's kind ever produced. Of course there were projections and predictions made that turned out incorrect. A prediction, by it's very nature, has a possibility of being incorrect.

I do find it incredible that people are so adamant for answers from only one side of a debate though.

• Upvote 1

It was the most thorough document of it's kind ever produced. Of course there were projections and predictions made that turned out incorrect. A prediction, by it's very nature, has a possibility of being incorrect.

I do find it incredible that people are so adamant for answers from only one side of a debate though.

Come on now no matter how much you supported it or still do, the dependency on oil income was utter utter bullshit.

Everyone involved with operators, big contractors in the know knew there was a downturn coming and voiced their concerns. It was basically predicted that we were going to be the next Norway. That ship sailed long ago and was utter spin.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok For Fecks Sake you said you voted YES last time

Tell us why you did so especially as you like to research everything with links to full fact etc etc

Because as a country we have so much positive things going for us be it Renewables, Oil and Gas, tourism, Whisky, food, drink and we would be able to stand on our own two feet and make a success of it.

That said we also have a fair few issues as well that also need addressing.

Just because I voted yes, does not mean that I am a saltire waving, joining marches, independence at any cost SNP supporting jacobite, what I do have are concerns around the difficulties we will face when we become independent.

Hence why people post pish on here about how great things will be I get annoyed as they are only fooling themselves and spreading false propoganda.

Because as a country we have so much positive things going for us be it Renewables, Oil and Gas, tourism, Whisky, food, drink and we would be able to stand on our own two feet and make a success of it.

Just because I voted yes, does not mean that I am a saltire waving, joining marches, independence at any cost SNP supporting jacobite, what I do have are concerns around the difficulties we will face when we become independent.

Hence why people post pish on here about how great things will be I get annoyed as they are only fooling themselves and spreading false propoganda.

I also voted Yes but not for jingoistic reasons. More down to Westminster and how fucked up it is.

I've never voted SNP.

I am also a quarter English which I like to think of as my bowels and arsehole.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unfortunately my pension is with my pension provider through auto enrolment as I work for that pension provider. I don't contribute myself because I can't be arsed. Plus I am in the best performing fund consistently over the last 5 years.

When I was nhs I had to opt out every 3 years. Auto enrolment pish. I'll be gone long before pension age.

When I was nhs I had to opt out every 3 years. Auto enrolment pish. I'll be gone long before pension age.

As I work for a pension company I am a contractual joiner so I don't get to opt out. Plus they contribute the full % requirement and I don't have to contribute.

If I die before taking benefits then the money is returned to my wife or kids.

Did you fully read the last one?

There are issues in all countries including staying in the uk and brexit

I am independence at any cost but not to keen on the SNP (but will back them till we get it) in fact i think they are to soft with dealing with lies and what the fuck is all that gender crap all about.

• Downvote 1

It was basically predicted that we were going to be the next Norway. That ship sailed long ago and was utter spin.

No, there was no such prediction. The white paper made comparisons on how Norway have invested their oil revenues and now have the richest sovereign wealth fund on the planet, while the UK haven't saved or invested ours (they've used all ours on killing brown people in the middle east so that we can feel powerful.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

is Norway some sort of eldorado cos of this humongous piggy bank it has?

(Do the take everything out of petty cash?)

wonder why BfP did a runner from said utopia to end up in some arsehole of nowhere carbuncle in the sun?

No one said it was a utopia, just that they're rich as fuck.

Nice to see the Little Englander abroad joining in the debate with your usual level of cutting insight though.

• Downvote 1

There are issues in all countries including staying in the uk and brexit

I am independence at any cost but not to keen on the SNP (but will back them till we get it) in fact i think they are to soft with dealing with lies and what the fuck is all that gender crap all about.

Gender crap?

Like male and female.