Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely brilliant result tonight, just shows the difference between this season and teams of old, when losing a man and under the cosh we would have capitulated. What a bounce for both goals, atmosphere and support was outstanding. The fans deserve this, it has to be our year :crossfingers:

Someone in the row behind us set off a smoke bomb when the first goal went in and dumped it as everyone surged forward towards the pitch. No big deal, but not really any need for it.

IN going down with granite city couldn't miss game got more reason than most for win my granda died last week massive dons supporter took me to my first game all that years ago end of the 80 s so I want them to win for him so hopefully don't let me down ! im saying 2-1 dons with mcginn to score winner !

Chuffed that this came good for you min.

Can't remember who it was that said it earlier in this thread but echoed my feelings.

Wasn't happy with McInnes getting appointed (and nothing to do with him being a hun but his record).

Said though in the close season he was talking a really good game but that was it so far.

Well he's now confirmed to me he's got us playing a good game too.

An Aberdeen team with a bloody backbone is a wonderful thing to see and he's the only significant change so well done Derek McInnes and well done the lads.

Fantastic result.

Unbelievable performance last night - got into the match 15 mins after KO, so missed the sending off and disallowed goal.

When i saw us sitting back i feared for the worst - a 1-0 defeat with limited or no ventures forward...

Defended fantastic, Anderson solid at the back, Langfield made an important save at 0-0 also. Credit to him.

With 11 players we would have given this lot 4 or 5 i think. With the ball we played some nice stuff, but obviously limited with 10 men.

Massive credit goes to McInnes - substitutes timed perfectly, good formation and organistation. Very impressed.

The best thing for me with this Aberdeen team is that i think there is more to come from them....not hit top form yet.

I liked this from McInnes when discussing the red card: (saw it on the BT Sport page)

"My only thoughts at the time and possible explanation for it was that Joe had slipped going into the challenge but I've watched it again and no complaints at all,"

"He has just been a bit too excitable going into it. He is not a dirty player and it's something he'll learn from. But he is taking us all out for lunch in a couple of days' time."

:)

Edinburgh derby highlights up, cracker of a goal from Stevenson. Disgusting challenge from that cunt McPake. Nae dons highlights yet.

Heres the full McInnes interview and its great, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/24752701

COYR :trophy:

Anyone know when the highlights from our game will be on BBC?

To the idiot sitting behind us last night who was on McGinn's back all night - get it right up you. Support the team at matches.

I didn't think stoney was down.

Got home at 01:00, after a quick 10min stop in Dundee for a McChicken sandwich and a Strawberry milkshake.

Felt like a Zombie when I crawled into bed.

What a result though.

Still buzzing from it and I'm lapping up everything AFC related in the papers just now.

Well worth the lone journey down in the horrendous weather and traffic.

Roll on Monday night!!