Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Fuck sake,  keep it brief. 

It's one of his few posts I found slightly interesting to be fair. 

A "city" the size of Aberdeen can probably support Union square with a mix of shops, restaurants, cinema etc. Plus maybe 10% of union street for non food retail.

An area like Belmont street for drinking and night life and I can't see much else going forward other than housing and offices with some sporadic pubs, restaurants, takeaways and cafes. 

I'd also like to see the market redeveloped as a food court for small businesses to start from. 

6 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

It's one of his few posts I found slightly interesting to be fair. 

A "city" the size of Aberdeen can probably support Union square with a mix of shops, restaurants, cinema etc. Plus maybe 10% of union street for non food retail.

An area like Belmont street for drinking and night life and I can't see much else going forward other than housing and offices with some sporadic pubs, restaurants, takeaways and cafes. 

I'd also like to see the market redeveloped as a food court for small businesses to start from. 

Union Square should never have been built.

The new bus station is a disaster.No waiting rooms or dropping off points.

Traffic round about it horrendous .

42 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Nothing better than sitting in a freezing street drinking expensive coffee.

There's ways around it, the likes of Krakow is roasting in Summer, huge cafe culture, outdoor seating everywhere. Come winter they glass the seats in and heat it, like greenhouses. Build it and they shall come. We need to think out of the box not create problems.

I hate buying clothes online,it always ends up more fucking hassle than going to the shops.

The thing that fucked me off about John Lewis, Debenham etc, and I emailed them and told them this, is that if you wanted a shirt for instance, you had to wander about for fucking ages looking at about 12 different branded bits looking at them. Why not just keep all the shirts together? the coats together? a lot more fucking simple.

You'd see one, think I'll have a quick spy at the other bits, then forget where the first one was, not find it, then just fuck the whole enterprise off and go for a pint.

Just now, Dad said:

Aye I was going to say Mobby son - shut the fuck up you moaning cunt

Couple of clicks - thees the cunt at your door 24h later with a pair of Calvins

'Too much hassle' says the incredible plum up yonder

Jesus fucking christmas time

Aye but then the cunt doesn't fit, looks stupid, then you've got to fuck about filling in the wee docket,finding cellotape to wrap up the wee bag, take the fucking thing to the post office or the shop, it's a fucking cunt about and no mistake.

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I've no tolerance for hassle with shit like that. Just don't care enough about clothes. I'll nip into town, if I get something in the first shop sound, if not, "fuck this" bookies then pub.

Well soon you won’t have to worry about the shop part. Straight to the bookies and the pub, every cloud and all that. 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

John Lewis,Debenhams,Burtons,Thorntons gone.

We are left with Poundland and mini supermarkets.

I happen to think the John Lewis building should be demolished,it's a carbuncle.

Can see this happening...they've recently levelled the horrendous Greyfriars house..

And kept a small Granite facade for the entrance to flats.

33 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I hate buying clothes online,it always ends up more fucking hassle than going to the shops.

The thing that fucked me off about John Lewis, Debenham etc, and I emailed them and told them this, is that if you wanted a shirt for instance, you had to wander about for fucking ages looking at about 12 different branded bits looking at them. Why not just keep all the shirts together? the coats together? a lot more fucking simple.

You'd see one, think I'll have a quick spy at the other bits, then forget where the first one was, not find it, then just fuck the whole enterprise off and go for a pint.

Some people don't want to be looking at jacamo shirts when looking for other brands.

I have my favourite brands. Spot the badge, see the claes, in and oot. Convenient.

it's not all about you Moobser

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That’s my point . The summer is seasonally nice there . 
if you’re going to shelter people in the  winter and heat them ,then they‘ve already invented that here  , it’s called ‘being indoors’.

In the summer we can enjoy the outdoors, maybe need the gas patio heater on now and then but doable. It's still the great outdoors.

20 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Well stick a cock in my arse cos there's claes I winna wear.

All Saints for a start. One wash and it's tatties 

All Saints!? Is that claes?

You Aberdonians are a bunch of pretentious poofchopses with yer Scandinavian trainers and yer Canadian jackets.

Fuck knows why we can't just stick to good old British clothes.