Aberdeen 2 - 1 Livingston

I'm obviously in the minority here but I had absolutely no problems with Wright being substituted,. His first half performance was woeful and beyond the goal (which was absolutely sublime) his second half wasn't going much better. I've been McInnes' biggest critic at times with his negative tactics but he replaced a forward /winger (difficult to say which position he was actually playing) with a midfielder. It's not like he put on a defender and went 5 at the back.

At that point, Kennedy and Hayes were bombing forward, supplying crosses (some better than others) and Watkins really should have had us cruising on easy street...the more I see the point blank range header the more I marvel at how he actually managed not to score. The fact that Livi then went up the park and pulled a goal back was nothing at all to do with negativity. It was 75% down to Kennedy shitting out of 2 challenges in a matter of seconds and then 25% Taylor making a bit of a cunt of attempting to clear the resultant cross (to me it looked like he tried to go for it with his right foot when it needed him to go with his left).

Obviously the goal gave Livi a second wind and by the end we were hanging on a bit. I'll have a go at McInnes when he really deserves it. But the first half performance was horrendously bad. He changed it and the second half was night and day in comparison. We got the 3 points and the performances are starting to show improvement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Michty me that first half performance yesterday was absolutely woeful. Was close to catching aids off how bad the football was. The whole of the St Johnstone game and yesterday bar a 15min spell at start of 2nd half was terrible viewing.

I know football is about taking chances when they come but we create so little at times. Kennedy put a good ball in for the first and the Wright/Hedges link up was absolutely sublime for the 2nd. I actually nipped to the toilet but heard Watkins missed a point blank header aswell.

For all Wright done "rubbish" yesterday (as some of you have clearly stated you were dissapointed with how he played) he was still the one creative outet that ended up getting us the winning goal. For having suffered an ACL injury, being injured for like a year and to come back in and already boys be on his back is extremely harsh. He is 23 now so can no longer use the excuse he is a kid but without him yesterday we wouldn't have scored that 2nd goal. I still have faith in him, he needs game time and confidence and hopefully he gets as I do believe he is good technical footballer who can be an asset to us. However McInnes needs to cut out the hoof ball to wright when up against 6ft+ defenders.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, The_Next_Legend said:

heard Watkins missed a point blank header aswell.

Hardly missed it.

It was a fantastic save, the keeper scrambling across the box to get a hand to it. That said had he put it straight in or more towards the corner as opposed to down and back across goal, then the keeper would have had no chance