Scott Wright

Scott should have been out on loan two seasons ago so McInness has made a mistake with the lads career so hopefully Derek gives him the chance to play out the rest of the season with Dundee and then back in the first team next season to see what he can do before giving up with what is a local lad.

Was there nae some story at the start of last season, that McInnes wanted to put him out on loan , but Wright wouldn't agree to it ?

Or have I imagined that ?....or was it another player ?

We don't need to be in any hurry to move him on. The rest of the season at Dundee might do him the world of good.

Agreed. Short loan at Dundee to possibly get a season or two of Pawlett type improvements on return is a fairly low level risk in keeping a cheap player on books. Worth the minimal gamble at very least.

Otherwise use him for potential swap deal for a player with possibly better potential in long run.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed. Short loan at Dundee to possibly get a season or two of Pawlett type improvements on return is a fairly low level risk in keeping a cheap player on books. Worth the minimal gamble at very least.

Otherwise use him for potential swap deal for a player with possibly better potential in long run.

I think he should have went out on loan this time last year when McGinn came back.

His early form with Dundee is promising and we'll know better once he gets a decent run of games.  If he keeps that up then he's got a chance with us.  If any other 20 year old player was standing out at a lower Scottish premier side we'd be demanding the club go after them. 

I think he should have went out on loan this time last year when McGinn came back.

His early form with Dundee is promising and we'll know better once he gets a decent run of games.  If he keeps that up then he's got a chance with us.  If any other 20 year old player was standing out at a lower Scottish premier side we'd be demanding the club go after them. 

Not convinced he'll come back good enough to pull on the famous red jersey, but he's started off well.

Time will tell.

2 assists. What more do you want? Should he be reinforcing the back four, covering both wings, have a stint in goal, serve hot dogs at half time and fix the pitch sprinkler system as well yeah?

I stopped watching when the 4th went in and took the dog out for a walk round the block.....ok he had 2 assists and did fuck all else in the interim. Not impressed

Thought he showed good playmaking skills today. I think his creativity will be an asset next season.  Not sure why so many on the board were so down on him prior to his loan.  Before his injury earlier this season he was just starting to get going. However, it is hard to argue that he was getting overshadowed by McLennan superb play before the break.