Burned Or Buried?

BrianFaePerth

• 4 months later...

You renting?

TBH I dont think a lot of people put the same stock in a black suit and black tie at funerals. Any I've been to lately have just been in a normal suit.

I do have a nice non black suit, however, the lady who's funeral it is, was very much a traditionalist, and for that reason among others, a black suit n tie job it has to be.

I was not aware that they hired out suits ?

some places do, think the kilt place in the galaria also does hir.

You can pick up a suit these days for 50 quid though so nae really worth hiring.

I used to get a lot of my work ones from debenhams. Burton is nae bad either.

Slaters is good though for making sure it fits properly if you have a weird shape

some places do, think the kilt place in the galaria also does hir.

You can pick up a suit these days for 50 quid though so nae really worth hiring.

I used to get a lot of my work ones from debenhams. Burton is nae bad either.

Slaters is good though for making sure it fits properly if you have a weird shape

Cheers,

A hire is not very practical for me getting the suit back to Aberdeen.

A purchase will suffice.

• 11 months later...

burned or buried or COMPOSTED?

In Seattle, a local non-profit group wants to become the world's first organization to offer as a service human composting, in which the departed are turned into nutrient-rich soil that can be used to grow flowers, trees or food.

Getting there might not be easy.

​The Urban Death Project is the brainchild of Seattle architect Katrina Spade, who came up with the concept in 2011. Spade calls composting a meaningful, sanitary and ecological alternative to burial and cremation.

The Urban Death Project's plans call for a three-storey-high polished concrete composting structure called "the core," which would be surrounded by contemplative spaces for visitors.

Bodies would be refrigerated on site for up to 10 days. No embalming would be necessary, since decomposition is the goal.

After a ceremony — religious or not — friends and family would help insert the body into the core. Over several weeks a body would turn into about one cubic yard of compost, enough to plant a tree or a patch of flowers.

The compost could be taken by the family or left for use or donation by the Urban Death Project.

"In this system, we transform from being human to being something else," Spade said. "And at the end, what's coming out, the material that we use — it's special and it's sacred, but it's not human."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/composting-the-dead-the-greenest-goodbye-1.2873402?cmp=fbtl

Canna be long for you now,eh old phoenix?

You made plans yet?

;-)

Ha ha Bluto...very mature !

67 , as you may soon find oot , isnae aul' these days. Saw Nicholas Parsons interviewed a couple of weeks back , in perfect working order for 91 ! My Dad was 89 and in pretty good nick till he was summoned. I'm currently fucked like , but hoping to recover.

Average age of American male pre WW1?

47 FFS !

and the Phoenix rises again!

somehow i'd have thought you'd have been a fan of the more ecologically-friendly cremation or composting?

but each to their own.

hope all's well in your world, and my best wishes for a Merry Christmas, sir. :cheers: x

You are quite correct in this regard , lgir , this is fit I meant by 'Dig a hole...'. Y'follo?

'Seasons Greetings' to you too , dear girl , have a splendid time. 80)