#7021 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 10:23 AM

Is it nae the other way round? If he was released after the window slammed shut, then he's a free agent, and can sign anytime, anywhere, any place

NOPE.

COYR

#7022 ONLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted Today, 11:54 AM

Only if the player in question was released before the end of the window. Hence why on the last day there is usually a raft of contract terminations to allow them to sign for someone else, at any time outwith a window.

He would have to of been released before the end of the window last week to allow him to join a championship team. If hes been released yesterday he can only sign for clubs whose transfer window is still open.

However I still dont think were in for him.

I thought from what I had read on sky that that championship clubs can still continue to sign loan players and clubs will still be able to register any players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until August 31, 2018.

http://www.skysports...-days-in-august

So my take on it was that if Villa were to release McCormack and Richards anytime between now and the 31st August they are still able to join another championship team. its a little confusing though so I may be misunderstanding the rules

#7023 ONLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted Today, 11:59 AM

I thought from what I had read on sky that that championship clubs can still continue to sign loan players and clubs will still be able to register any players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until August 31, 2018.

So my take on it was that if Villa were to release McCormack and Richards anytime between now and the 31st August they are still able to join another championship team. its a little confusing though so I may be misunderstanding the rules

Think you're right - its a bit weird this summer with this being the first year the English market has closed early. Normally if a player was released after 31st August (or whenever summer window closed) then they couldnt register to play for another club until the next transfer window. That's still the case there is just the added window closure on 9th August to contend wtih so that part of it is new.

COYR

#7024 ONLINE   GDON21

GDON21

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted Today, 12:12 PM

Fair enough must be a new rule.

#7025 ONLINE   sooth_stander

sooth_stander

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted Today, 12:52 PM

Duncan Shearer advising Christie to head for England.

Well, not going to happen till Jan, Dunc, as doubt young Ryan will want to go out on loan to anywhere, and he can't sign a permanant deal with guffy clubs till Jan. So in limbo till then.

Unless, he fancies another stint north, and I don't mean Inverness.................

#7026 ONLINE   GDON21

GDON21

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted Today, 01:04 PM

Well, not going to happen till Jan, Dunc, as doubt young Ryan will want to go out on loan to anywhere, and he can't sign a permanant deal with guffy clubs till Jan. So in limbo till then.

Unless, he fancies another stint north, and I don't mean Inverness.................

Strange. The lad has bags of potential but is far from the finished article. However playing for us he has had exposure to big games and has earned senior Scotland caps. Surely he can see the benefit of playing for us for another 3/4 years. He's not a McGinn type player who fits the English championship bullyish style of play.

#7027 ONLINE   fine-n-dandy

fine-n-dandy

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,518 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

Posted Today, 01:43 PM

So he's another cock that is only adding to the demise of the game in this country & how it is viewed.

Why does our media allow these mouth pieces to contribute to belittling the game in our own country? & in some cases the media actively encourages it.

Ding Dong

#7028 ONLINE   StandFree1982

StandFree1982

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,772 posts
  • Joined 29-May 09

Posted Today, 01:53 PM

"head to England" is only fine if you're heading to the Premiership, or at the very least a top Championship side who will be fighting for promotion.  I don't understand players wanting to go down to England and end up signing for a League 1 or 2 side. You've zero chance of winning anything, you'll never play in Europe, you'll likely just fall into obscurity with a couple of years of decent wages under your belt. 

#7029 ONLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted Today, 01:59 PM

"head to England" is only fine if you're heading to the Premiership, or at the very least a top Championship side who will be fighting for promotion.  I don't understand players wanting to go down to England and end up signing for a League 1 or 2 side. You've zero chance of winning anything, you'll never play in Europe, you'll likely just fall into obscurity with a couple of years of decent wages under your belt. 

Runners up medals don't pay the bills

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#7030 ONLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted Today, 02:12 PM

Big Duncan must have been a bit conflicted there.  Would be surprised if anything Shearer says would have any bearing on any decision Christie makes about his future

110 user(s) are browsing this forum

12 members, 98 guests, 0 anonymous users